• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Help workshop] Map help thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thrace

@tion
Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2016
    so how do I fix my problem I warp to a route and the screen goes black
    Check if there are any people with the movement type "Hidden" or "Look Down". Also see if there are any level scripts that might be affecting the map.

Years
    • Seen Sep 24, 2009
    what mp(movement permisions)no. do i use for a tile i can walk over and under/walk over a surf under?

Perri Lightfoot

Let's give it a go!
    Years
    • Seen Apr 17, 2022
    Edit: Never mind - I was able to correct the problem myself via a block editor. Thanks anyway! ^^

This may be a rather "nooby" question, but I'll ask it anyway. ^^; When I make new building interior maps via Advance Map and then put them into my hack, for some reason the background/border color appears as a rather nasty magenta rather than the black I want it to be. (A screenshot is included with this post as an attachment). Is there any way I can get the color to show up as black, as it's supposed to? (Advance Map says the background/border color for the maps is black, as does Elite Map). Thanks in advance! :)

Last edited:

DarkShadow

When darkness falls
    Years
  • hi i was wondering if anyone can help me out in a problem, here goes i made to maps one was a made little root bigger and i made another map bigger two when i get out of the truck i go to a black screen, also when i warp from my route to another route i go to black map also, does anyone no how to fix this problem

Thrace

@tion
    Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2016
    hi i was wondering if anyone can help me out in a problem, here goes i made to maps one was a made little root bigger and i made another map bigger two when i get out of the truck i go to a black screen, also when i warp from my route to another route i go to black map also, does anyone no how to fix this problem
    You may have corrupted that map, there are a few fixes I know of, but first, what version of A-Map were you using?

DarkShadow

When darkness falls
    Years
  • You may have corrupted that map, there are a few fixes I know of, but first, what version of A-Map were you using?

im using 1.92 and here is the deal i change were i start of i i chose my room when i leave the house and try to go outside it happens to

Hiche..

Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2014
    im using 1.92 and here is the deal i change were i start of i i chose my room when i leave the house and try to go outside it happens to

It happened to me once.
    It may be a script issue.
    or something to do with the tiles( new tiles inserted )
    or the increase of height and width of the maps may have done this.
    Not sure though.
    Hope that helps.

Years
    • Seen Jan 9, 2016
    Why do when I try to save my changes in the hack tools for PKMN G/S/C the program crashes and say:
    ERROR 75:
    PATH FILE ACCESS ERROR
    :/

Cheers! :3

Can anyone answer me if there's a way to change the color palletes of a map and to add more colors?
    Cheers! :D

Last edited:

Thrace

@tion
    Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2016
    Why do when I try to save my changes in the hack tools for PKMN G/S/C the program crashes and say:
    ERROR 75:
    PATH FILE ACCESS ERROR
    :/

Cheers! :3

Can anyone answer me if there's a way to change the color palletes of a map and to add more colors?
    Cheers! :D
    For the first question, maybe you're roms are set to Read-Only?

For the second you'll have to search for the colour values in a hex editor, and I don't think theres any easy way to add colours.

Golden Shaymin

Taking a short break
    Years
  • What would be good tiles and tileset for a sea route using Neti's legend of Fenju rombase
    I understand that it would all be frozen but i need to know good rocks for the border

Years
    • ny
    • Seen Jun 30, 2009
    Help

Can some one like make me a advance map thing where i can add snow like still grass but snow to. I really dont get how ot do it i try to edit it but it never works so if someone can just give it to me thne he it will be all good ok BYe

Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2022
    can any1 tell me what is wrong with this map? I can warp into the cave, but I cannot, for the life of me, warp out.

These are the two maps I am warping between:https://zmilstone.info/element/Element/Maps.rar

i know this question is old and all , but nobody knew the answer, so I'll tell you. I had this problem for some time too, but I looked through the block editor and on the cave tileset, look to the right a bit of the line of tiles and you see how there is a copy of the ground tile? Put that tile right above the cave exit and you'll be able to warp out fine. They're both the same visual tile, except the one on the right has a behavior byte that warps on the next tiles below. so...

FLOOR TILE
    VV(warp to below tile)
    -_- << EXIT, now a warp.

hope that helped.

Symbol

Playing Pokemon White
    Years
  • Is there any possible way I can change the colors of one map alone?

Example: I do a flashback event, then go to a map thats black and white colored, then go back to the map I came from, and its in its regular color.

Thrace

@tion
    Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2016
    Is there any possible way I can change the colors of one map alone?

Example: I do a flashback event, then go to a map thats black and white colored, then go back to the map I came from, and its in its regular color.

Theres an ASM routine that foofatron found that can do it. Try searching for it at PHO.

Hiche..

Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2014
    In Fire red, when I want to open the Trainer Tower, AM always give me errors of missing pointers.
    Can this be fixed?

Thrace

@tion
    Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2016
    In Fire red, when I want to open the Trainer Tower, AM always give me errors of missing pointers.
    Can this be fixed?

Thats most likely something to do with the fact that trainer tower uses special OWs. Why do you need it anyway? Surely there are other maps you can edit.

Years
  • Is it possible to change tile priorities?

E.g.
    You see Player above tile
    You see tile above Player

Thanks in advance! (And sorry if it doesn't belong here!)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back