• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Help workshop] Map help thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bigboy

15 degrees off cool
Years
    • Seen Jun 6, 2012
    I cannot seem to connect my maps to eachother. Even though I put in which direction to go, and the map names/bank. The two things I don't fill out are zero out and offest. So what can I do?

Also can I get more than 1 border block per map, or is it only one.

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2013
    1-this is both a scripting and mapping question so I have posted it in a scrpting area as well.I need a little help with some mapping, how can I create a new underwater level/dive zone, leading to a new Island, that is only accesable after the elite four is defetad, that is to say the dive location does not apear until they are defeatedht, its a standerd warp to so Its really bugging me. All it is is e

2-Also, A warp isnt working right. I edited the map for Pettleburg woods and the exit doesnt function, I walk up there and its just like hitting a wall.

Last edited:

AaronB

Noob Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Dec 22, 2009
    maps always called littleroot??

Every time a make a new map and insert it in, and i mean every time (on R/S/E) it is called 'LITTLEROOT TOWN' how can i change it to whatever i want because if i goto the header thing and change the name to say 'Secret Area' Every 'LITTLEROOT TOWN' and new map i make is called 'Secret Area' any help?

Also if u insert a map how do you uninsert it (get rid of it)

Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2010
    You can't change the name in AdvanceMap 1.92 so download AdvanceMap 1.82 from somewhere. You can change the name, weather etc. in the Header tab. Use AM 1.92 for everything else because it has more options.

Hope this helps

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
  • Rofl. You can change names in AM 1.92.

Use the scrolling tab thing. I wrote a tut on it in the Beginners corner in one of the editions of the old RHN.

Years
    • Seen Oct 6, 2009
    Halp.

I'm attemtping to make a bridge which you can go over and under. I looked through Neti's tutorial and did eveything it said. My movement permissions are exactly how it said to put them. The only thing I can think of would be tile behaviour. But I have no clue. D;

Any ideas?

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Oct 21, 2019
    Set the movement codes to ...

For a horizontal bridge:
    0,10,3F,3F,3F,3F,10,0
    0,10,3F,3F,3F,3F,10,0

For vertical:
    3F,3F
    3F,3F
    3F,3F

Also, make sure you have the correct bytes, which are:

Yes, this means you CAN NOT have Block Covered by Hero enabled. Hope this helps :D

Years
    • Seen Oct 6, 2009
    Yay! When I disabled block covered by hero it worked!

However, did you mean 3C rather than 3F? Because it didn't work with 3F...

Anyway, thankyou very much Disturbed. ;D

ckret2

usually pronounced "secret 2"
    Years
  • I'm trying to make a map in FireRed with two unconventional tilesets put together, tileset 12 and tileset 15. 12 is the general building interior tileset (so they've got the rooms, tables, TVs, etc.) and 15 is the mountain interior tileset. They work just fine together, except some of the tileset 15 tiles (specifically, the ones that borrow from tileset 0, like the signpost and the mountains-over-water tiles) appear glitched on this map. That doesn't bother me, since I don't need any of the glitched tiles in the map with tileset 12/15.

However, when I go into maps that use 0/15 (like Mt. Moon B1, which uses the signpost), the same tiles are glitched there, too, unless I go into Block editor, click on the glitched tiles, and click "save," which automatically corrects them.

My question is, is it possible to mix tilesets that don't usually go together without causing in-game glitched tiles in other maps? And if it is possible, will I have to go in and correct the glitched tiles every time I use AdvanceMap, or will they behave themselves now that I've fixed them once?

Thanks!

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Oct 21, 2019
    There is always the method of dividing the map into separate maps, so they can just switch tilesets*, or you can manually insert them yourself.

*To do this simply, use the grosser block selector (Instructions on how to use in the Readme) and select as much as you can, and simply dump that on an empty map, and just have them connect to eachother, with proper spacing (atleast 8 tiles in between to avoid distortion.)

Years
    • Seen Mar 2, 2013
    unsupported BIOS function c7 called from 020023 fc. a BIOS file is need in order to get correct behaviour

What now :(
    what does this mean?

Worldslayer608

ಥдಥ
    Years
  • I have a house set on the map, and the weather is sunny with clouds reflecting on the water.

But when the clouds pass over the water, they also pass over some of the building tiles, in between the blocks bottom and top layer. So it will cover the bottom of the block, but be underneath the top of the block.

There shouldn't be clouds at all on the tile, and the behaviors are set exactly like other buildings in the STOCK ROM, and there isn't water or water behavior for the block.

anyone know why this issue is occurring? I will try to snag a screen shot and edit my post in a bit.

Pellio

Dragonair :D
    Years
  • Is it possible to use the grosser block on a Mac? Because i can't get the combination of ctrl click drag to work...

jonnO'brien

wont be back.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 14, 2009
    I need help /:
    All i want to know how to do is work the World Map Editor on Advance Map.
    Im trying to move towns around, make new paths. But i have no idea how.
    Is there another Program i can use to edit the World Map too?

Worldslayer608

ಥдಥ
    Years
  • I need help /:
    All i want to know how to do is work the World Map Editor on Advance Map.
    Im trying to move towns around, make new paths. But i have no idea how.
    Is there another Program i can use to edit the World Map too?

You need a bit of skills with graphics, hex and a map in order to do this. There is a great guide on how to do this in the tutorial section :)

Years
  • Can somebody help me to fix some map bugs?

I had made a Emerald hack rom not long time ago, I just find out some map bugs recently. When Groudon and Kyogre battle, the tree and pokemon center bugs appear, after Rayquaza to prevent the battle, the bugs disappear. Can somebody help me to fix these bugs? Thanks!

PI Hudson

Can be random for hugs> PIE!!!
    Years
  • I'm trying to make a map and I think I ran into a problem
    I have an island that has a sand shore on its south side, which also has a bridge connecting to the Mainland on the East and South side. With the movement permissions I put in there, if you go under the bridge, you could supposedly surf on the beach and walk on water.
    here are the movement permissions

Also I want to know if you can surf/walk behind a waterfall

Last edited:
    Years
  • On my map there are serious connection problems ingame. Instead of the map that is meant to be beside my map, all I see is one of the tree tiles covering over a yellow path. I have set my border block to the ordinary on both maps. The height of the two maps are identical, however the width is not (though I doubt this is the cause of the problem). The tilesets are also the same (Tileset 63). Please help me as soon as possible. Thanks in advance to whoever can help me. I'm using FireRed. Here's a screenshot of my maps, and the problem ingame, too:

<- Map 1
    <- Map 2
    <- Error

Thanks again to whoever can help me!

Years
    • Seen May 3, 2010
    Spherical:
    Recheck the borders just in case. Try using a different border and see if that makes any difference. If at least the glitch tiles are different, then there's probably a pattern.

If that doesn't work, see if adding another map there will.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back