• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen HG and SS a let down?

Years
  • does anyone find that platinum was better than HG and SS i mean i love the remake and and all just seems like platinum was better made so what do you think?

Years
    • Seen Jul 13, 2010
    platinum just have 1 map..
    i prefer HS coz its have 2 map so its not make me so boring...

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
  • You need to remember that they try to stick as closed to GSC just because it's a REMAKE, not a totally new story plot.

Story plots aren't that crazy and whatever compared to the present (Hoenn, Sinnoh).

GreenLanturn

Interior Crocodile Fraligatr
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Feb 26, 2012
    I actually loved HG, although im yet to play platinum, I think they did a perfect job on recreating the classic g/s/c games.

Mortalis

[css-div="background-color:#4e9dda;text-align:cent
    Years
  • I found that HG/SS was a lot better, first of all, because It's Johto ... one of the best regions IMO.

But once Black and White were released with pictures and features ... I kinda lost interest in HG/SS.

§acred†Beo!

F.A.T.E.
    Years
    • Age 34
    • PA
    • Seen Aug 19, 2020
    HG/SS was the best game I have played since G/S/C. Platinum however was pretty decent, diamond and pearl were to slow.

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
    Years
  • they all lose alot of their fun when you beat the E4, but in HGSS, the fun keeps on goin' for just a while longer than platinum.

Years
  • I loved Platinum and HG/SS. :D There IS more to do after you beat the E4 in HG/SS, though, which is good for me. =3=;
    So, no, I don't think they were much of a let down. I like the features they added :)

TrainerShane

The Planner
    Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2010
    I am having more fun with SoulSilver than I have had in a long, long, long time with a Pokemon game.

Eurydice

`~♥Eury♥~'
    Years
  • i like hg/ss lot better than platinum. ever since they came out i havent played any of my old ones. but i plan on it soon as i beat hg.
    the remakes bring back alot of memories of playing the originals.

Agent Clank

Bye PC
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2011
    No,not a let down at all.
    this is a very fun Pokemon game,probably my Favorite.
    and there is alot to do.

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2014
    Well it made me cry with tears of memory, especially when I walked into National Park.

So.. No, not a let down to me.

Eeohnex

Illuminate
    Years
  • I found HG/SS way more entertaining than D/P/P. Since my first Pokémon game was Crystal, it brought me nostalgia. Also, the "follow me" feature that was introduced in HG/SS gave another feeling to the game. Which made it different from just a remake and from the previous games. And of course, it has my favorite region; Johto. To me, HG/SS wasn't a let down, it just blew my mind.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 13, 2011
    Definately not.

HG/SS is the ebst Pokemon game to date, no doubt.

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
    Years
  • I think that Graphic-wise, HGSS is better than Platinum. Platinum had a huge variety of trees and mountains, but let's not forget for instance HGSS' splendid work on caves, and water, I can go on and on and on.

I personally think HGSS is better.
    But we all have different opinions, right? :P

But to answer the question properly, no, I don't think the games were a let down.

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
    Years
  • ehhhh i dont like much of the games. i never liked johto, so hg/ss were ok.. but eh so i guess kinda a let down.
    platium? i havent got far. but the other world place looks cool. their both good in my opinon

Years
    • Seen Aug 7, 2022
    HG/SS were made just like a remake was supposed to be made. I wouldn't expect anymore out of Nintendo then what they did with HG/SS. Personally my favorite Pokemon game was Emerald Version and I can't wait for its remake. :)

CakeForTheSoul

You Are A Cinema
    Years
    • Seen Sep 24, 2011
    Personally my favorite Pokemon game was Emerald Version and I can't wait for its remake. :)

Its just a game to keep the population interested in pokemon. By remaking the games for the Johto people out there. Not to mention,Its there to get you hyped for the 5th gen and maddness.:bandit:
    Besides Platinum is a main game.Like Diamond+Pearl=Platinum thats kinda how it works.
    Also Emerald doesn't get a remake only Ruby and Sapphire.

Back