• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

HG/SS Help Thread

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
Years
  • Ekruteak; defeat the Rocket there and "save" the Kimono girl, and some old guy will hand you HM Surf.

Question

I'm trying to catch Dratini in the Safari Zone with a Good Rod; I've managed to find many Seaking, but Dratini has yet to show up. Do I need to edit the Safari Zone in some way, or are the "10 Blocks of Water" in the Swamp already there by default, and I need to just be more patient?

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
    Years
  • Go to Route 39 or 38 and catch a Tauros. It can learn Surf, Strength, Whirlpool, Rock Smash... and another HM, but I forgot which.

Benjamin510

The King of Typio's!
    Years
    • Seen Jan 24, 2016
    ?

I Was Told By People That On Wi-Fi Your Pokemon Get To Lv 100 Automatically. Is That True?

FireApe2135

Poke-Elite
    Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2014
    I don't think you can, because Elm doesn't give you the masterball until after, which is what triggers the Kimono Girls battle and after that, Ho-oh

FireApe2135

Poke-Elite
    Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2014
    Umm, the only place I have found them so far is the pokewalker, but I am sure they are available in game somewhere.

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
    Years
  • Heart Scales:

PokeWalker
    Using Rock Smash on Rocks
    Wild LuvDisc hold item
    Transfer from Diamond/Pearl/Platinum

also, benjamin,

you can reach Level 100 instantly, but not permanently. It's just to make battling fair at equal levels and to see IVs.

Years
    • Seen May 1, 2010
    Im having trouble Im on the 8th gym and my pokemon are 33 and under anyone know some good places to grind? help please also what is strong vs dragon?

Sasuke.

Hope | Less
    Years
  • Im having trouble Im on the 8th gym and my pokemon are 33 and under anyone know some good places to grind? help please also what is strong vs dragon?

Oh wow. You'll never beat her under 40.
    Try south of Blackthorn. That's as good as you can get for now.

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
    Years
  • I caught mine Paralyzed in a PokeBall.

I'm trying to catch a Dratini before battling Claire; how do I catch it in the Swamp area of the Safari Zone? Can I catch Dratini there before Kanto?

Back