• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

HG/SS Help Thread

Panfisha

BIGGLYPUFF?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2021
    After E4,on the SS Anne

Where do I get a heart scale?
    You can find them by smashing rocks. Try smashing the 6 in the north-west area of Cianwood. Once you smashed them all, go in the house there and come back out and they'll be back. But heartscales are rare; out of the 30 I smashed I found 1.

Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2014

Before Claire. I can't place blocks at the moment :\ unless I missed something? The guy is telling me the machine isn't working yet.

Don't have the games yet, but couldn't you get one from the Goldenrod game corner?

Years
    • Seen Jun 7, 2014
    Can someone help me to understand the effect Characteristics have on your Pokemon? I have been playing Pokemon since Blue Version, but it wasn't until Diamond and Pearl that I started thinking and caring about Natures and EV Training and IV's. The only one I am still confused on is Characteristics. I know they have some part in determining IV's, but there are a few of them for each stat. For example "Often Lost in Thought" and "Highly Curious" both go with the Sp Attack stat but how do they differ from each other? What would make me want to have one Sp Attack Characteristic over another one? Thanks for your help.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    Holy shi-
    You're right! I forgot about that stupid place! Only 2100 coins. Which would be about ¥40000.
    Note you can't buy coins anymore, and the slots has been replaced with a minigame (Voltorb Flip - search for the thread abotu it if you didn't know).
    Can someone help me to understand the effect Characteristics have on your Pokemon? I have been playing Pokemon since Blue Version, but it wasn't until Diamond and Pearl that I started thinking and caring about Natures and EV Training and IV's. The only one I am still confused on is Characteristics. I know they have some part in determining IV's, but there are a few of them for each stat. For example "Often Lost in Thought" and "Highly Curious" both go with the Sp Attack stat but how do they differ from each other? What would make me want to have one Sp Attack Characteristic over another one? Thanks for your help.
    A characteristic corresponds to what the IV could be in terms of number. Here's a list of them all - should explain which is which. https://www.serebii.net/games/characteristics.shtml

Years
    • Seen May 1, 2010
    Im looking for a well rounded pokemon that can perhaps learn very diverse moves (thunder fire ice punch perhaps) I am having trouble can Machamp learn thies 3 moves?

Years
    Are there any wild Pokemon other than those that wander that will run away from the encounter?

I recall Delibird running, back in Gen 2 titles.

Im looking for a well rounded pokemon that can perhaps learn very diverse moves (thunder fire ice punch perhaps) I am having trouble can Machamp learn thies 3 moves?

Those three are Machop egg moves. You can use a Hitmonchan to pass them through breeding. Bullet Punch is also a Hitmonchan move as well as a Machop egg move.

iRawr

Poli?
    Years
    • Uk
    • Seen Apr 5, 2010
    Quite Easy...
    Battle all of the traniers and you should find your way around..

IceSage

Sage of Ice
    Years
    I need to talk to Lyra in person, but she's nowhere to be seen. I'm in the part of the story where you first visit Kanto, and haven't defeated any gym leaders. Do I just have to play up until the very end to talk to her, like how in D/P your psedo-rival stands in their town? I basically need to show them a Shiny Leaf, etc.

Roserader

Metro Elite
    Years
    I have a super fortified internet connection (having to go in the 4,5, or, 6 place for said connections). Is it possible for me to do wifi stuff as is, or do I need to get a wifi adapter or try to get my security down?

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    I have a super fortified internet connection (having to go in the 4,5, or, 6 place for said connections). Is it possible for me to do wifi stuff as is, or do I need to get a wifi adapter or try to get my security down?

If you know your SSID, if your security is WEP (or off, but still have anti-virus) and you know your password, then you're pretty much let in. Search for an access point and it'll make things SO MUCH SIMPLER for everyone.

Back