• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

HG/SS Help Thread

Seig

"Pain..."
Years
  • Compatable?

Just a few questions:

1. Is HS/SS compatable with Pokemon Battle Revoluation?
    2. Can you transfer Pokemon Via PBR. (i.e.: Can you put pokemon from one game onto it, then trade from the PBR to another game? i.e.2: Put pokemon from Diamond into it. Then trade the Pokemon put in from Diamond into your Heart Gold?)

Thank you. ^_^

~Seig

P.S. Sorry if this is the wrong thread.

FireApe2135

Poke-Elite
    Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2014
    What do you have to do to acquire all 5 stars in HG/SS?

I know:

1: E4
    2: Pokedex completion
    3: Shiny Leaves

But what are 4 and 5?

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
  • Another 5 Shiny Leaves ;)
    You get star for every 5 Shiny Leaves you show to Lyra/Ethan.

By the way guys... quick question : Does herbal medicine grandma disappear after I beat the league? Because when I beat league and returned to Goldenrod City underground she wasn't there. I tried it several times and she's nowhere to be found.

perfectmonster

Eggs Are Awesome!
    Years
  • go with slowpoke. It's evolutions both have a decent learnset and TM pool but they are weak against 5 types (but have a lot of resistants so it balances out). Krabby is alright, but Kingler's learnset is too...inaccurate for me (like guillotine only have a 30% hit rate). And slowbro/slowking both have higher stats than Kingler.

Ok, thanks. But what evolution of Slowpoke shoul I get?

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    I'm on my way to the 5th gym, but when does the team rocket radio tower event occur?

After the 7th Gym- AKA Pryce.

Just a few questions:

1. Is HS/SS compatable with Pokemon Battle Revoluation?
    2. Can you transfer Pokemon Via PBR. (i.e.: Can you put pokemon from one game onto it, then trade from the PBR to another game? i.e.2: Put pokemon from Diamond into it. Then trade the Pokemon put in from Diamond into your Heart Gold?)

Thank you. ^_^

~Seig

P.S. Sorry if this is the wrong thread.

Yes and No, respectively.

EDIT: Can you rebattle Red after you defeat him?

Fire Wolf

it's as humid as a sauna, boy!
    Years
  • Heart's Soul, no, you can only battle Red once, after that he goes away from Mt. Silver.

Panique

BUGSY IS GAY FOR METAPOD
    Years
  • Mk, so my quilava lvs up to lv 21 and learns flame wheel, im fighting some geodude and i use it on a lv 6 geodude, it leave it on yellow hp, i ko it and fight another lv 6 geodude, i use ember and it ko's it straight away.

for the record ember has a power of 40 and flame wheel has a power of 60...
    whats going on?
    Flame wheel is physical and ember is special, and Quilava has a higher special attack stat than attack as well~

Chibaymega12

Enemies of the Leaf Beware!
    Years
  • Ev training question real quickly:
    I'm EV training an Eevee. At this point, it's level 14. I've maxed it's speed EV's, and used one calcium to start it's sp. Attack. I got to 105, and I have money for more calciums, so I bought two, and tried to give it one, but it wouldn't take. Reason why?
    Thanks.

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    Ok, thanks. But what evolution of Slowpoke shoul I get?

go with slowbro. slowbro is better in defensive terms for battle and calm mind. If I'm right slowking learns nasty plot and has higher sp. def but is trumped by slowbro in defense making electric and grass type moves really....painful :(

but if you already have a kings rock and don't feel like waiting till lv. 37 to get slowbro then get slowking! both are good, but personally I haven't really seen as many powerful slowking as I have slowbro.

Ev training question real quickly:
    I'm EV training an Eevee. At this point, it's level 14. I've maxed it's speed EV's, and used one calcium to start it's sp. Attack. I got to 105, and I have money for more calciums, so I bought two, and tried to give it one, but it wouldn't take. Reason why?
    Thanks.

it won't take anymore since you've already got its sp. atk over 100.

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Hmmm, there's not a team help thread here yet. ;;

Anyway, I'm considering replacing my Venomoth, even though she beat 2 of Lance's Dragonite...well, when they were in red thanks to other team members. Anyone know anything good? The rest of my team is Feraligatr, Flareon, Gardevoir, Raikou, and Pidgeot, so obviously none of that or those types.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • If you're lucky enough to find a Dunsparce at the beginning of the game, then that. Sentret/Furret is good, too.

ThatsTakao

Hiya!
    Years
  • I just finished my Johto Pokedex and I want to know if I get anything for doing this. Do I go to Oak and show him the Pokedex?

Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2010
    I need to know where to find the life orb. I know its in the ruins of alph but the building its in is blocked.

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    Whats a good all-team level for the Elite Four post-16 Badges? And for Red?

Back