• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

HG/SS Help Thread

Years
    • Seen Jun 7, 2014
    Nope it can be any gender. And it is possible. Cause I got a male Eevee, and a Ditto. Now I have 6 Eevee's. :)
    I also breeded Ditto and Quilava. To get a Cyndaquil. :D

The Day-Care man says that they don't like each other very much. Does that mean they won't breed? Or will it take longer from them to breed?

.Occam

Ontological parsimony?
    Years
  • It'll take longer. If they absolutely can't breed he will say: "The two prefer to play with other Pokémon than each other."

Years
  • Takes longer to breed. Walk a a while and wait for the daycare to call.

RING RING RING RING RING RING RING RING RING RING RING RING RING RING

*pickup*

WAT?

I GOTZ YO EGG, COMERE.

chillxd

メインモシ
    Years
  • What are my chances of catching a 1-ish HP, Paralyzed Lv. 70 Ho-oh using a regular Poke Ball?

I've been trying for like 5 hours, and I'm failing. ._.

Scratch that, got pissed and caught it with an Ultra Ball instead. ._.

Last edited:

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
  • Using Bulbapedia's calculator and a guess of 300 max HP at level 70, you've got about 2% chance with a Pokeball.

Try getting a Quick Ball and throwing it first thing (2%)

Or a Timer Ball and stalling until he's almost at Struggle (2.5%)

EDIT: Now that was useful, wasn't it?

Just for fun, Arkeis says you had a 10% chance with the Ultra Ball.

Oh, I feel stupid. How do I use the Seals?

Last edited:

*Meowth V.2*

Still Got The Blues.
    Years
  • @ /ninja Caterpe

Make sure you have seal case and some seals.,
    Go on a computer in a Poke center
    go to your PC , not Bill's PC.
    select ball capsules and place seals on the ball capsules.

Question.

Does anyone know any pokemon with 5 star skill points with 4+ speed points for the Pokeathlon, I don't like having to use the ApriJuice.

.тαмєя

Typloshion Lover :D
    Years
    • Age 26
    • UK
    • Seen Jun 9, 2010
    I got a Question, What days do the Pokathlon Giveaway Rarecandies for Points?

And how do I increase there Stars in the Pokathlon?

Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2011
    You can't. Only wireless connections with WEP or without security can connect through Wi-Fi with Pokémon. Yes, you can use the internet, but not the Pokémon games. I'm unaware as to whether you can use WPA with other games or not.

Wow really that's stupid! Now I can't get the pokewalker event =(

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2010
    is there some special citeria to get the secret potion becuase i did everything youre supposed to do in the original and it isnt working, jasmine and ampharos are blocked off in the lighthouse, the guy in the shop wont give me a secret potion

Spike Kintarin

Don't run! It's just ham!
    Years
  • It's just Lt. Surge's pikachu that has a French pokedex entry.

That Pikachu's a Spy. >_>

HG/SS Help Thread

Edit: Okay, I've tried to shrink this image now, and I can't get it to. >_>; sorry.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 9, 2012
    How do you RNG in hg? I'm desperate to know how xD I also need to find my SID but is there a way to find it without an AR? @.@

Years
  • @ /ninja Caterpe
    Question.

Does anyone know any pokemon with 5 star skill points with 4+ speed points for the Pokeathlon, I don't like having to use the ApriJuice.
    Celebi has 5 stars for both Speed and Skill... Not like you're going to have Celebi in the first place, so... The closest I found are the legendary dogs, 5 stars for Speed and 4 stars for skill.

Tinhead Bruce

the Neighbour
    Years
  • How do you RNG in hg? I'm desperate to know how xD I also need to find my SID but is there a way to find it without an AR? @.@

RNG is a noun, not a verb. The post on Smogon here explains how to do it, though it's harder than in D/P/Pt due to lack of Coin Flip and such.

You can find it by catching a legitimate shiny (not through chaining, unless you've caught 4 to 7 chained shinies, or breeding. It has to be absolutely random) and figuring out the IVs. Once you've done that, you'll need to enter the information of the Pokémon, including the IVs, into a calculator (you can find one in the RNG Reporter). It will then give you your SID.
    Good luck with that. I don't know how much the RNG abusing techniques have advanced since I last used it, but it was pretty difficult when I did it.

chillxd

メインモシ
    Years
  • is there some special citeria to get the secret potion becuase i did everything youre supposed to do in the original and it isnt working, jasmine and ampharos are blocked off in the lighthouse, the guy in the shop wont give me a secret potion

Did you go through the lighthouse? You're supposed to come out of the ladder that's inside the blocked area, along with Jasmine and Amphy. Then you can talk to her. : D

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    How do I get to the area with Smeargle in Ruins of Alph? I know they're there and they're waiting on their SilverSmeargleLeader. :C

I think it's one of the places accessible through Union Cave(go up, not down, from the North Entrance)

Back