• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

HG/SS Help Thread

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
Years

• Can anyone answer my quoted question for me?

Another question: Can I still EV train a level 100 Pokemon? (I can give it EV berries so that EV's will all be gone.)

Press Select+Start+L+R to soft reset in HGSS.

Also, I don't think you can, since you would require a level-up to apply the new stats :s

Tinhead Bruce

the Neighbour
    Years

• Press Select+Start+L+R to soft reset in HGSS.

Also, I don't think you can, since you would require a level-up to apply the new stats :s

It's actually possible to "EV train" a level 100 Pokémon, but not fully. I put EV train in quotations because the only way you can actually EV train it is through giving it vitamins. So it is possible to a degree, but only up to 100 EVs for each stat.

Annuhh5

White and nerdy.
    Years
  • Safari Zone Second Challenge

When does Baboa call for the second challenge? It's been about 2 days since i completed the first one.
    I really want to get to the second challenge because I want to catch a Larvitar for my team.
    Thanks.
    Anna.

Panfisha

BIGGLYPUFF?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2021
    When does Baboa call for the second challenge? It's been about 2 days since i completed the first one.
    I really want to get to the second challenge because I want to catch a Larvitar for my team.
    Thanks.
    Anna.

I keep changing the time in my game to catch certain pokemon will this affect anything else in the game?

He doesn't call you back for the 2nd part til after you give amparos the medicine at the lighthouse. Then after you board the fast ship SS, he calls you about the items in the zones.

And no, nothing will be affected.

Star Girl

Dragon Obsessed
    Years
  • Okay I have the case of the Suicune that won't appear. I've seen it all the times I am supposed to I've dropped off the gear in the Power Plant and Misty is back in her gym and still no Suicune. Anyone know what I might have missed. I double checked the sightings list and I've seen all of them including the one on Route 14.

Drift_King1

Rawr.
    Years
  • Okay I have the case of the Suicune that won't appear. I've seen it all the times I am supposed to I've dropped off the gear in the Power Plant and Misty is back in her gym and still no Suicune. Anyone know what I might have missed. I double checked the sightings list and I've seen all of them including the one on Route 14.
    Defeat Red, talk to Prof. Oak, then you will find Suicune.

GymLeaderLance99

A Muffin Button
    Years
  • Anyway, dunno if anyone asked this, but I'm wondering, does anyone know if they carried over the "abilities have out-of-battle effects" thing from Emerald into D/P/Pt, and subsequently HG/SS? HeartGold is the first game I'm playing for the 4th gen due to it being a remake and all, and I'm hatching an egg, so I'm hoping I can still use Flame Body or...that other one...to make it hatch quicker. >_>;
    Yeah...just a repost...kinda want to get on with getting a Spore/False-Swiping Scyther...

GymLeaderLance99

A Muffin Button
    Years
  • Yes, Flame Body works.
    Ah, okay, thanks. Just wasn't sure, is all. (BTW, since I can't remember it atm, any idea what the other one was?)
    How the heck does Scyther learn spore?
    Assuming the 4th gen didn't change anything, by breeding a male Paras/Parasect that knows it with Scyther. Did that back in GSC to make getting Raikou and Entei easier, lol.

K30

Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2010
    So I beat Pryce in Mahogany, took care of the radio there as well, caught the red gyrados, etc. But when I go to Goldenrod City, Team Rocket has yet to take over. As far as I know, the radio tower takeover is the next thing to do. Help?

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
  • So I beat Pryce in Mahogany, took care of the radio there as well, caught the red gyrados, etc. But when I go to Goldenrod City, Team Rocket has yet to take over. As far as I know, the radio tower takeover is the next thing to do. Help?
    Have you beaten rocket outta Mahogany City's shop?

Defeat Red, talk to Prof. Oak, then you will find Suicune.
    This is not necessary for Suicune to appear.

@Star Girl : I'm sure you missed Suicune somewhere... try to check Serebii.

K30

Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2010
    Yeah, shut down the transmitter with the other guy that was running around in there.

EDIT: I've gone through the underground in Goldenrod and the Team Rocket guy that I get the uniform from isn't there.

EDIT2: Guess I forgot to do the Lighthouse in Olivine, so that is probably holding me up.

Last edited:

level.

Forgot about user titles
    Years
  • Ah, okay, thanks. Just wasn't sure, is all. (BTW, since I can't remember it atm, any idea what the other one was?)

Assuming the 4th gen didn't change anything, by breeding a male Paras/Parasect that knows it with Scyther. Did that back in GSC to make getting Raikou and Entei easier, lol.
    The other one was Magma Armor.
    No, Scyther can't learn Spore anymore. Or Scizor would be completely broken. Go with Parasect or Breloom or Smeargle.

Winson

Legendary Pokemon Master
    Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2013
    Are Champion Ribbons given out to Pokemon who beat the Elite Four in Pokemon HeartGold/SoulSilver?

TrilbyMenetti

HeartGold trainer
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Mar 3, 2011
    This may have been asked already, but is there a decent place to train/grind after the eighth gym, but before beating the Kimino Girls and catching Ho-Oh? I would train in Kanto around Victory Road, but that silly little Lyra girl (anyone else hate her?) won't let me surf. I'm only asking this, as I seem to be loosing against the Girls' Jolteon and it's pretty embarrassing.

Any replies would be much appreciated.

Can anyone at all answer my question please?

Mujahid

Sir Froakie is impressed.
    Years
  • Can anyone at all answer my question please?

Well...There isn't any gud place to train at this point of the game...try calling other trainers..they may agree on a rematch..or just kill those wild mons..those girls sure hell r pretty strong..if u still can't win i'll encourage the use of x items..they do help a lott

Back