• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

HG/SS Help Thread

Years
  • where do i get items for the IV training? :D
    You buy them at the Battle Frontier. 16BP each.
    I've had the game for a little while now (since last Wednesday). I've just defeated the Rocket Base in Mahogany and intend on training my team a bit. But I'm confused as to why trainers never want rematches, are we supposed to sit and wait until they call? Because they never seem to for me. Do I need to do something in order to trigger a rematch? Please help. o.o

Trainers can be called for rematches on certain days. https://www.serebii.net/heartgoldsoulsilver/pokegearphone.shtml

Years
  • Can I only get the 10 or so pokemon listed for the Hoenn and Sinnoh sounds in the game? I thought I could catch all pokemon in SS :(

Years
  • Well, just because it says Hoenn/Sinnoh sounds, that doesn't mean those are the only Hoenn and Sinnoh Pokemon in the game. Various more can be obtained with Mass Outbreaks (Swarms), Bug Catching Contest, the Safari Zone, the Pokewalker, and Headbutting trees. The rest of the Hoenn/Sinnoh Pokemon should be filled up from evolving those, so yeah.

The only Pokemon that must be traded (or events) are Mew, Celebi, the 3 Regis, Jirachi, Deoxys the Sinnoh Starters, Sinnoh fossil Pokemon, Drifloon/Drifblim, Glameow/Purugly, Stunky/Skuntank, Magnezone, Leafeon, Glaceon, Probopass, Rotom, Sinnoh Lake guardian trio, Dragon Trio (if not trading Fateful Encounter Arceus), Heatran, Cresselia, Phione, Manaphy, Darkrai, Shaymin, and Arceus.

Years
  • First you get their Phone Numbers by various means.
    Spoiler:

Then you can call them for rematches where they will then go to Saffron's Fighting Dojo for the rematch.They will only battle when they have free time which will be on certain days at certain times. They will tell you, so no need to explain that part.

Years
  • Well, just because it says Hoenn/Sinnoh sounds, that doesn't mean those are the only Hoenn and Sinnoh Pokemon in the game. Various more can be obtained with Mass Outbreaks (Swarms), Bug Catching Contest, the Safari Zone, the Pokewalker, and Headbutting trees. The rest of the Hoenn/Sinnoh Pokemon should be filled up from evolving those, so yeah.

The only Pokemon that must be traded (or events) are Mew, Celebi, the 3 Regis, Jirachi, Deoxys the Sinnoh Starters, Sinnoh fossil Pokemon, Drifloon/Drifblim, Glameow/Purugly, Stunky/Skuntank, Magnezone, Leafeon, Glaceon, Probopass, Rotom, Sinnoh Lake guardian trio, Dragon Trio (if not trading Fateful Encounter Arceus), Heatran, Cresselia, Phione, Manaphy, Darkrai, Shaymin, and Arceus.

Thank you so much!!!

I can get Mew, Celebi, and Deoxys from Emerald and then trade the others from here then.

Years
  • That you yourself recorded, yes

However, you can have 3 videos that you downloaded from the Global terminal (including downloading ones that you uploaded).

Meaning that you can upload a video to the Global Terminal, overwrite the old video with a new one, and the old one will still be there and available for download (if you can remember the Battle Video number).

^.hydro

Missingno's Homie
    Years
    • Seen Apr 18, 2010
    Really? I heard it bumps it to 1/2000 if the shiney Dad is foreign...or is that just foreign in general?

Tinhead Bruce

the Neighbour
    Years
  • That you yourself recorded, yes

However, you can have 3 videos that you downloaded from the Global terminal (including downloading ones that you uploaded).

Meaning that you can upload a video to the Global Terminal, overwrite the old video with a new one, and the old one will still be there and available for download (if you can remember the Battle Video number).

That is true, though if I recall correctly battle videos that are uploaded to the Global Terminal only last so long, after which they will "expire", so the only actual permanent way to have your battle videos (other than the 3 you download) is to take a camera and just record the battles, though the quality will be very mediocre.

Really? I heard it bumps it to 1/2000 if the shiney Dad is foreign...or is that just foreign in general?

Oh, first, the Masuda Method doesn't require either parent to be shiny for it to work. Not only if the dad is foreign, it will work if either parent is foreign, or if both are foreign, provided they aren't from the same foreign region. And it's called the Masuda Method, which increases the likeliness of having a shiny egg from 1/8192 to 1/2048. I posted about the foreign Pokémon you can find in-game here, but I'd rather not just C + V it here as I'd feel I wasn't really adding anything that I hadn't said before.

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
  • Oh, first, the Masuda Method doesn't require either parent to be shiny for it to work. Not only if the dad is foreign, it will work if either parent is foreign, or if both are foreign, provided they aren't from the same foreign region. And it's called the Masuda Method, which increases the likeliness of having a shiny egg from 1/8192 to 1/2048. I posted about the foreign Pokémon you can find in-game here, but I'd rather not just C + V it here as I'd feel I wasn't really adding anything that I hadn't said before.

Foreign Pokemon from in-game don't work, I believe.

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
    Years
  • Foreign Pokemon from in-game don't work, I believe.

Foreign Pokemon aren't found... in-game...

Foreign Pokemon come from different language versions - completely different catridges, generally from different countries - and are programmed differently, as to deem them "foreign".

'has nothing to do with in-game. If you have a NA ENG version of HGSS, an NA FR version would be "foreign". So would the Japanese version, France version, Spanish version, etc.

You NEED to trade to get a "foreign" Pokemon.

empty streets

Ace trainer ★
    Years
  • I have a question about raising happiness.

I got an Eevee from Bill recently. Can it become more happy if I just walk around with it holding a Sooth bell and not leveling it up?

Back