• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

HG/SS Help Thread

shot571

I'm assuming the male Alakazam isn't Japanese? If it isn't, then インフェルノの津波 is wrong. Pokémon from different regions have a higher chance of producing a shiny offspring (1/2048; called the Masuda Method), but the Everstone trick will also not work. All the previous responses you've gotten don't hold water, as you don't have bad luck, you will simply have an increased chance of passing on the nature as long as your Pokémon are from two different regions.
    ohhhh. thanks a lot for that. i needed that i thought i was just unlucky. lol

shot571

ok one more question about power items. as far as i am aware when u breed normally 3 ivs get transferred from either parent. if u have 2 power items then would it transfer 3 or 5?

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    ok one more question about power items. as far as i am aware when u breed normally 3 ivs get transferred from either parent. if u have 2 power items then would it transfer 3 or 5?

A Power Item specifically transfers one specific IV down from said parent. It transfers 3 IVs still, but the Power Item will transfer a SPECIFIC IV. It's kind of confusing and I see you don't have much idea on what is it.

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
    Years
    Hey
    How does the sinnoh/Hoenn sound work

Hoenn Sound is on Wednesday; Sinnoh is on another day *forgot which* on the DJ network (upper-left of the radio). Walk in the grass with the right music playing, and Hoenn/Sinnoh Pokemon will appear. You'll need to keep putting the music back after every battle, though.

Sinnoh/Hoenn Pokemon won't appear uniquely; you'll still see the regular Pokemon there, so it might take a while.

Years
    • Seen May 4, 2023
    Hoenn Sound is on Wednesday; Sinnoh is on another day *forgot which* on the DJ network (upper-left of the radio). Walk in the grass with the right music playing, and Hoenn/Sinnoh Pokemon will appear. You'll need to keep putting the music back after every battle, though.

Sinnoh/Hoenn Pokemon won't appear uniquely; you'll still see the regular Pokemon there, so it might take a while.

ok thanks for your help mate

shot571

A Power Item specifically transfers one specific IV down from said parent. It transfers 3 IVs still, but the Power Item will transfer a SPECIFIC IV. It's kind of confusing and I see you don't have much idea on what is it.
    oh no. i knew it transferred specific iv's i was just wondering if it was an extra 2 or part of the 3 if that makes sense. but u answered my question by saying it still only transfers 3

Tinhead Bruce

the Neighbour
    Years
    Thanks for clarifying that for us, Bruce. I wasn't aware :s

so French + English in daycare = higher shiny rate, but disables the Everstone?

Would it therefore disable IV items as well, such as Power Bracer?

Yes, exactly what you said. To clarify though, Pokémon like the Pikachu in HG/SS and the Magikarp in DPPt are not really from different regions. Their coding is what makes them "foreign" or not, and while all the information is foreign, they were coded just like all the North American (or whatever region cartridge you're playing on) Pokémon, thus making it impossible to use the Masuda Method with the aforementioned Pokémon.

And I'm not as sure about the second question, as I haven't had a proper amount of time to test it, but I believe that is the case.

oh no. i knew it transferred specific iv's i was just wondering if it was an extra 2 or part of the 3 if that makes sense. but u answered my question by saying it still only transfers 3

I believe it's part of the 3 that are transferred, not an additional two. The only benefit is getting to choose 2 of the 3 IVs that are transferred...

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
    Years
    Would a North-American French version of HGSS, released on the same day as the English version, therefore have the same coding? The language is different, but I do ponder the coding aspect.

Years
    • Seen May 19, 2024
    Would a North-American French version of HGSS, released on the same day as the English version, therefore have the same coding? The language is different, but I do ponder the coding aspect.

As far as the scripts go in which the code is written, yes, but the gameplay coding would remain the same, only the langauge coding would be changed. There would be no need to alter anything else.

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
    Years
    As far as the scripts go in which the code is written, yes, but the gameplay coding would remain the same, only the langauge coding would be changed. There would be no need to alter anything else.

Therefore, a North American French Pokemon would not increase the Shiny rate if bred with a North American English Pokemon?

Years
    • Seen May 19, 2024

Therefore, a North American French Pokemon would not increase the Shiny rate if bred with a North American English Pokemon?

Ah, well that's something I'm unsure of, whether or not the actual nationality of the pokemon has changed from american I don't know.
    I would take a shot in the dark and say yes, as long as the pokemon's data is encrypted in another language it should be available for the method of increasing shiny rates when hatching.
    I would stick with the Jap Ditto though just to be sure lol

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
    Years
    Ah, well that's something I'm unsure of, whether or not the actual nationality of the pokemon has changed from american I don't know.
    I would take a shot in the dark and say yes, as long as the pokemon's data is encrypted in another language it should be available for the method of increasing shiny rates when hatching.
    I would stick with the Jap Ditto though just to be sure lol

The coding changed a bit, after all. I mean, in the English version, you can't write Irène, only Irene. In the French version, my trainer name is Irène because accents are available.

So if I make a Pokemon with an accent on it, the game should realize it's not English, if looked at from that perspective.

Years
    • Seen May 19, 2024

The coding changed a bit, after all. I mean, in the English version, you can't write Irène, only Irene. In the French version, my trainer name is Irène because accents are available.

So if I make a Pokemon with an accent on it, the game should realize it's not English, if looked at from that perspective.

Actually, the North American version ties in with the French exclusive in some places so I wouldn't see any reason as to why it shouldn't work, so go for it.

Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2010
    i need help working out in the ruins of alph. in the main hall the back of it has the gold tablet.(when u catch all 28) how do you unlock inside it

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Are the Pokeatlon prizes randomized everyday or are Fire Stones available for exchange on certain days?

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    Are the Pokeatlon prizes randomized everyday or are Fire Stones available for exchange on certain days?

I'm 99.99% positive that it isn't random, but I'm not sure what days. If I come across it I'll let you know.

Back