• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

HG/SS Help Thread

Jerme

stupid
    Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2010
    how do i get the groundog orb in SS? i have all 16 badges, i talk to mr.pokemon but all he does is say something about how life is great with new discoveries..

Years
    how do i get the groundog orb in SS? i have all 16 badges, i talk to mr.pokemon but all he does is say something about how life is great with new discoveries..

go to the top of Mt. Silver Red will be waiting there for you his strongest pokemon is a level 88 pikachu i do believe he is quite difficult i dont reccomend doing it without your pokemon being level 65-80 or have a level 100 and a couple 60s that will easily ko his pokemon go to google and type in "What pokemon does Red have in [your version]?" and you should get a yahoo answers telling you what pokemon he has and usually what pokemon are recommended. hope this helps
    bring about 10-20 hyper potions 6 revives and a few full restores <--- common sense really
    the weather is hail when you start the battle so be prepared to take minor damage every turn

edit: just wikianswers'd reds team he has pikachu charizard blastoise venasaur snorlax and lapras
    i recomend golem(earthquake for his pikachu and stone edge for his charizard) really any pokemon with flamethrower for his venasaur (check GTS they always have strong pokemon lvl 100 for pretty much anything) and i got lucky with his snorlax and lapras blastoise i used my elctabuzz (level 58 at the time)

edit: you need rock climb to get to the top and if you dont want to weaken your pokemon before the battle i suggest repels for best results(i always keep roughly 50 in my inventory) or a cleanse tag to lower the ammount of pokemon you run into (or an item of the like)

Last edited:

Nashton

A Trainer Of Great Skill.
    Years
    MY ELETRIKE DROUND!

i put my pokewalker in my pocket, and i washed it...

i would like to get a new one... where can i get a replacement one? or if someone here is willing to give me on haha i'd be so greatful.

also, if i reset will i lose the event paths like winners and pikachu forest?

Soldek

"Try Me"
    Years
    i put my pokewalker in my pocket, and i washed it...

i would like to get a new one... where can i get a replacement one? or if someone here is willing to give me on haha i'd be so greatful.

also, if i reset will i lose the event paths like winners and pikachu forest?

You washed it?

It's gone.

The only reason I could see you getting a replacement is if the warranty hasn't expired and you manage to get another via that. Otherwise, the routes, stored Pokemon, and everything in the PokeWalker is gone. (Unless it works like an iPod and it's down for a few weeks 'till it dries out and it's good as new -.-)

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    That's why I paid for year warranty. You can buy an extra one from Nintendo's store.

Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2010
    uhhh...I need help...

so I just got heartgold and well...I get to the violet gym...beat elder li and I went to the gym. When I got there...there was no gym leader >:O T_T. any1 can tell me whats going on?

Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2010
    well... no I went to the poke house, got the egg, defeated rivel... went back returned egg...talked to mom....and then went through sprout tower...went to gym and I looked at the end and he wasn't there O.o

well I just restarted... did everything.. and hes still not there T_T I don't get it..

Last edited:

Panfisha

BIGGLYPUFF?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2021
    The chinchou that I was EV training had it's pokerus cured before I could finish the training. I heard that even after pokerus is cured, the pokemon still gains double EV's. Is this true?

Christopher

Hear Me Roar
    Years
    yes if it has the smiley cured face it will still receive double Evs

@returninGOD try going out of Violet to the south to where the guy stops you or talking to the guy inside the gym if those do not work try retracing your steps or looking at a walkthrough

Resultz

All- round Poke-Whizz
    Years
    okay im getting wifi soon and i want to train a UU team before i do, so im going to embark on breeding, something i've never before touched... I know the basics, but that is all..

Ok first of all, what i want is...

a CALM Clefairy...

a CAREFUL lileep with recover.

What do i need to fulfill these requirements? I have a clefable and cradily already, but that is all.

bruteroot

Grass Trainer
    Years
    Hey guys im awful at maths so heres a quick question. my jolly gible has been given 10 protein and 10 carbos has pokerus and power anklet. how many magikarps and goldeen do i defeat before hes maxed in each stat? thanks in advance. also i know i need to change power item to attack when i take on goldeen. thanks again (",)

§1

Rocket grunt
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2022
    Hey guys im awful at maths so heres a quick question. my jolly gible has been given 10 protein and 10 carbos has pokerus and power anklet. how many magikarps and goldeen do i defeat before hes maxed in each stat? thanks in advance. also i know i need to change power item to attack when i take on goldeen. thanks again (",)
    i just grab a piece of paper and make tally marks after each battle until it reaches the number of EVs i need

when breeding with power items, are the odds of transferring the IVs from both parents 100%?

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
    Years
    um should i say this? is it possable to have more then one masterball? i know you can geet one from elm once you beat the 8gyms. but i have 3

Resultz

All- round Poke-Whizz
    Years
    okay im getting wifi soon and i want to train a UU team before i do, so im going to embark on breeding, something i've never before touched... I know the basics, but that is all..

Ok first of all, what i want is...

a CALM Clefairy...

a CAREFUL lileep with recover.

What do i need to fulfill these requirements? I have a clefable and cradily already, but that is all.

anyone? What Is my chcklist for these pokemon?

@ countryEmo, Only 1 unless theyre traded or AR'ed in..

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen today
    anyone? What Is my chcklist for these pokemon?

@ countryEmo, Only 1 unless theyre traded or AR'ed in..
    If Clefable is male, you need a Ditto.

If the Ditto is Calm, an everstone. (Give it to the Ditto and Breed. When the mom is holding an everstone, it is more likely to pass down it's nature). If it's not Calm, just breed several eggs until you get a Calm one.

To get a Lileep with Recover, you need a male Corsola with Recover and a female Lileep or Cradily. So if you have a male Cradily, breed a female one from it and a Ditto.

Breed the two. If the female Lileep or Cradily is also Careful, give it the Everstone. Again, if not, just keep breeding until you happen to get one.

Back