• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

HG/SS Help Thread

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen May 15, 2024
    I thought I remember there is a contest where you can show off your pokemon moves such for example like morning sun. Then at the end they total the amount of points you have.
    I don't recall that at all. More information about what you remember? Because I've played through Silver twice and read a Let's Play of Crystal many times, and don't remember seeing anything like that.

Also I'm planning on training a dragonair into a dragonite. Do you know what moves I should teach it? Here is my set of moves fly, Dragon rush, Dragon dance and outrage. I need help.
    In-game? That's a good set. I'd be careful playing with Outrage because of the confusion status.

Personally, I love the Thunderbolt/Ice Beam/Fire Blast or Flamethrower/Dragon-type attack move set. It's an amazing set that covers a lot of bases. That's my recommendation.

JakeyBoy

Riddle me this
    Years
  • So I decided "to hell with Red, I'll use some overpowered stuff from trades and hacks to beat him". Did that, and am currently in the Embedded Tower with my good pal Kyogre. Question is, would the Embedded Tower count as a cave? I thought it would, but from the looks of it Dusk Balls aren't helping much. In saying that, I get the feeling my better Ultra Ball trys were flukes.

EDIT: Caught him with Heavy's, but still curious.

Crazyhand

Always up for battle! VM me!
    Years
  • Quote:
    Originally Posted by Crazyhand
    I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, but here goes.
    This is not a ROM! This is a legit Soul Silver bought at Gamestop!
    This only happens in the Pal Pad, whenever I try to go to page 3 the game freezes, I've gotten to page 4 by tapping the button a the top, but no matter what I do I can't access page three. The game will freeze before it scrolls over, but the arrow on the right (or left for page 4) will turn white. I get the feeling that if I delete a page full of entries page 2 will become frozen and not three.
    Does anyone know any fixes?
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Crazyhand
    No Hax whatsoever, only some traded pokemon from a ROM is all. But I've had those pokemon for months now.

EDIT: I was right. Now If I try to erase a player on page two it freezes.
    EDIT EDIT: I erased one on page one, and now I can't access page 2.
    I hate to re-iterate things, but this is still a problem for me. Obviously I'm having a problem with a glitchy FC on the second page, but I have no idea what to do about it.
    Also, I don't know who's FC it is, if I did I would go on Wi-Fi with them and that would probably fix it. (Or crash my game, either of the two.)

EDIT: I forgot to mention the music stays on.

I found a fix. When you finish a trade or something it'll ask you to add the friend to your Pal Pad, and if your registry is full, it'll let you delete any one of the 32 names already registered on the Pal Pad. I deleted random names I didn't want off of pages 3-4 and the problem was gone.

iamdragon

The slave becomes the master
    Years
  • hey guys im trying to get a hoeon stater from stephen, but when i go to silph co he is not there? i have got the nation dex and even just caught groudon. I have also got the starter of prof oak. where is he?

ChrisTheChaosGamer

Hailing From Hoenn
    Years
  • i have a question for my pokewalker... well does pokewalker level up your pokemon just like the daycare?..like does it replace the move of your pokemon when it reach a certain level? thanks in advance x]

right now, when any pokemon that is in the pokewalker can only grow 1 lvl. if it's at the point that the pokemon where to learn a move, it won't. unless you have TM of the move that will know, it will not know that move at all. that is one of the disadvantages of the pokewalker

I wonder is there a pokemon contest in soul silver. Because I haven't been able to find one. I know there is one on the old silver. If so what pokemon are good for it.

the only type of pokemon contest that is in HG SS is the bug catching contest just north of goldenrod city

Last edited:

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
    Years
  • hey guys im trying to get a hoeon stater from stephen, but when i go to silph co he is not there? i have got the nation dex and even just caught groudon. I have also got the starter of prof oak. where is he?

Have you beaten Red? Have you completed the Magnet Train sidequest in which steven shows up and tells you about Lati@s roaming the region?

Years
  • Ok about my dragonite I'm planning on doing the attacks that Astinus said. I'm planning on teaching it fly, thunderbolt, ice beam and flame thrower. If I do that who should I take out so I won't have to waste space. The following pokemons I got are amphros, meganium, houndoom, gengar, primeape. My idea is to take out amphros and houndoom and replace it with something else.

Also I want to know what level is the karate masters pokemon. Because I'm trianing my primeape to beat him with my pokemon. I'm doing hand to hand combat. And where to find him.

ChrisTheChaosGamer

Hailing From Hoenn
    Years
  • Ok about my dragonite I'm planning on doing the attacks that Astinus said. I'm planning on teaching it fly, thunderbolt, ice beam and flame thrower. If I do that who should I take out so I won't have to waste space. The following pokemons I got are amphros, meganium, houndoom, gengar, primeape. My idea is to take out amphros and houndoom and replace it with something else.

Also I want to know what level is the karate masters pokemon. Because I'm trianing my primeape to beat him with my pokemon. I'm doing hand to hand combat. And where to find him.

The Karate King, Kiyo, is the leader of the Fighting Dojo in Saffron City. In Gold, Silver, and Crystal, he has gone to Mt. Mortar to train. In order to find him, the player must use the center entrance which offers access to water, then Surf ahead and climb a Waterfall. Then they must make their way to the bottom of the cave, where they will eventually find him waiting to be challenged. Kiyo uses a Hitmonchan and a Hitmonlee, and once they are defeated, he will give the player a Tyrogue as a reward. However, if the player does not have an empty slot in their party, Kiyo will tell them to make room for it, then come back.

both of his pokemon are lvl 34

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
    Years
  • i have beaten red but haven't done anything with the magnet train

Go to the Copycat's house, she will be missing her clefairy dude. Go to the Pokemon Fan Club, talk to that guy as soon as you walk in, he will say he found a Clefairy doll. You tell him there is a girl who is missing a Clefairy doll, and he will tell you to go give the doll to her. As soon as you exit the Fan Club, Steven will come up and tell you about Lati@s. Now go give the Clefairy doll to Copycat and now go check Silph co.

Deathshot

Unregistered User
    Years
    • Seen Dec 20, 2019
    My question is this. How do you get Shiny Legendaries? Is it just random if the Legendary you have in you game is shiny or event?

mervyn797

What? I'm right here. >D
    Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2011
    My question is this. How do you get Shiny Legendaries? Is it just random if the Legendary you have in you game is shiny or event?
    Yes, its kind of random. You have a chnace of 1/8192 to get a shiny wild pokemon. People sometimes just save in front of a legendary and then soft reset hunderds of times just hoping to get a shiny one. xD

Porygon-2000

Wobbufiend
    Years
  • suggestion on evolution - Vileplume vs Bellossom!

Hey. So, I go for a walk in the safari zone and, lo and behold, I find a shiny oddish! I catch it and do a quick run-down of its stats, and find it has decent stats to boot! Now I want to train this little thing, but one small detail remains...

I'm wondering, what would be the better evolution here? Should I go for a Vileplume, or a Bellossom? Any comments would be greatly appreciated! If you could give reasons for a particular choice, that would be excellent!

(P.S. I'm not 100% sure where this thread should go, so hopefully I got it right! If not, well I can handle having it blocked.)

Danke, Merci and all that!

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
    Years
  • personally i like bellossom,
    but vileplume is a better special attacker

depends what you use it for really :P

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Figure since you're asking for advice on it I've merged the thread with the Help thread sticky.

If it has good stats and you figure you might go into competitive battling check out its nature and what ones are considered good ones to have for either Pokemon I suggest - otherwise just go for which one you like better I suppose if you don't care for that sort of thing. Check out the shiny sprites for the two as well. ;p

gee2k8

Slicker than your average
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Sep 24, 2013
    Safari zone waiting time

Hey guys, ive been playing soul silver pretty much since its UK release and i've only just decided to pay attention to the safari zone.
    I have access to all the blocks and have been experimenting using seribiis guide but there are some pokemon im after that i just dont have the time to get such as trapinch. I was wondering if anyone knew of a method that could greatly speed up the time it takes to get the pokemon you have to wait 30 days. Perhaps there is a method editing the ds clock?

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • I'm not sure about the DS clock method actually working with the safari zone... never tried myself. I guess I'll merge with the Help thread then so someone who has tried it can answer. =p

Besides that though there is no way to speed it up. Also note that it's x number of days since you've unlocked the area with the Pokemon in it, not days since you've set up blocks iirc.

ChrisTheChaosGamer

Hailing From Hoenn
    Years
  • Hey guys, ive been playing soul silver pretty much since its UK release and i've only just decided to pay attention to the safari zone.
    I have access to all the blocks and have been experimenting using seribiis guide but there are some pokemon im after that i just dont have the time to get such as trapinch. I was wondering if anyone knew of a method that could greatly speed up the time it takes to get the pokemon you have to wait 30 days. Perhaps there is a method editing the ds clock?

trust me, everyone who has played the safari game is so annoyed about the long wait time. but, unfortunately changing the ds clock does not change it.

Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2016
    Hey. So, I go for a walk in the safari zone and, lo and behold, I find a shiny oddish! I catch it and do a quick run-down of its stats, and find it has decent stats to boot! Now I want to train this little thing, but one small detail remains...

I'm wondering, what would be the better evolution here? Should I go for a Vileplume, or a Bellossom? Any comments would be greatly appreciated! If you could give reasons for a particular choice, that would be excellent!

(P.S. I'm not 100% sure where this thread should go, so hopefully I got it right! If not, well I can handle having it blocked.)

Danke, Merci and all that!
    Let's me analyse it for you...

By stats:
    Vileplume is an offensive one. When it come for battling it is obvious that Vileplume is much more better choice.

Bellossom is a defensive one. If you want someone to do supporting for you in battle then Bellossom is more an ideal choice.

In my case I would go for Vileplume, I just love it... And usually I'd go for offensive Pokemon.

Back