• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

HG/SS Help Thread

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Did you get them off the girl after you defeated Sudowoodo?

You need to grow those to get more (If you tend them enough, like me, you can get 4 off each plant. You only need to give it 7 berries).

You can also find them in the Ruins of Alph, in the room only accessible by using an escape rope, and I think possibly in the one where you use Flash. Or, use Rock Smash in Ruins of Alph to get Blue Shards, then trade them with the "Shard de Berry!x3" guy in Violet City. You really need to plant, water, and pick any you have though. It only takes 24 hours to grow.

p.s. it's "Oran Berries". They're not even orange :P

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
    Years
    You can use the berry planter or you can go to the drawing corner upstairs in the Goldenrod dep. store and if you win third prize then you will get a berry sometimes it will be an Oran Berry.

Years
    Did you get them off the girl after you defeated Sudowoodo?

You need to grow those to get more (If you tend them enough, like me, you can get 4 off each plant. You only need to give it 7 berries).

You can also find them in the Ruins of Alph, in the room only accessible by using an escape rope, and I think possibly in the one where you use Flash. Or, use Rock Smash in Ruins of Alph to get Blue Shards, then trade them with the "Shard de Berry!x3" guy in Violet City. You really need to plant, water, and pick any you have though. It only takes 24 hours to grow.

p.s. it's "Oran Berries". They're not even orange :P

I didn't grow it. I feed it right away. I wasted my orange berries.

Tangela

I'M GONNA TANGLE YA!
    Years
    Treecko in HeartGold?

Im NOT trying to obtain one from a lab or anything. I want to know where I can SEE one. like a trainer or something. is it possible? If not where is bulbasuar?

Years
    Hmm.. *shake head*
    You better, level up your Pokemon at least Lv. 45 to 55 if you wanna win
    the Elite Four...

In Hg/Ss... There aren't much wild Pokemon can help you on leveling...
    If you register the trainers' number after battle then you still have chance to level up your Pokemon! You can call them for a rematch!! Click on the link for more infos!
    https://www.serebii.net/heartgoldsoulsilver/rematch.shtml

Or you could trade them to your friend/to your order game cart.. i assume you know this--Pokemon from trade level up more faster, right?

Thanks for the help, in the end i manage to beat them with the help of some potions and my speedy Pigeot, Caught my Ho oh with half health after it demolished my team so i just threw an ultra ball at it and it caught it to my suprise :)
    Am training for the Elite 4 now, Should i level my pokemon to 43? or will that not be enough :|

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Im NOT trying to obtain one from a lab or anything. I want to know where I can SEE one. like a trainer or something. is it possible? If not where is bulbasuar?

Treecko - The only one, unless I'm mistaken (I think I've defeated every trainer once, so I'm not), is the one you get off Steven Stone.

Bulbasaur - Route 34. In the large patch of grass, there's a clearing with a picknicker who has (to start with) 2 Hoppips and 1 Bulbasaur. They all eventually reach their 3rd evolution stages. I think a trainer in the deep part of Union Cave (near the place where Lapras appears) has all 3 first-stage Kanto starters.

I didn't grow it. I feed it right away. I wasted my orange berries.

Like I said, go smash rocks for blue shards, then trade them for berries in Violet City. You can then grow more, all you need to give overall are seven...

Years
    I found it. I planted two orange berries. Also how long does it take for them to grow? Where do you buy the fertilizer.

Last edited:

Christopher

Hear Me Roar
    Years
    24 hours usually mulch isn't really needed and its Oran
    Oh I forgot to tell you you can by Growth mulch in Goldenrod I am pretty sure

Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2016
    Thanks for the help, in the end i manage to beat them with the help of some potions and my speedy Pigeot, Caught my Ho oh with half health after it demolished my team so i just threw an ultra ball at it and it caught it to my suprise :)
    Am training for the Elite 4 now, Should i level my pokemon to 43? or will that not be enough :|

Level 43 is a-ok, but you'll need lotta Full Restore or Max Potion...
    You would like level 50 or higher are more secure to win Pokemon League.
    In case you haven't got your Exp. Share... Go to to Mr. Pokemon's House and trade it with your Red Scale. Don't worry, you won't be needing Red Scale anymore!

I found it. I planted two orange berries. Also how long does it take for them to grow? Where do you buy the fertilizer.
    https://www.serebii.net/berrydex-dp/
    There you can search for the growth rate of your berry.
    Mulches can be bought at Goldenrod Flower Shop.

Years
    I know I recently asked questions on about my pokewalker and its gone. I want to know how to reset it since I recently start my game over. Also am I now ready for red you think.

Here is my team to beat red:

Meganium level 79

move set: Razor leaf, Giga drain, Earthquake, Solar beam
    Stats: Hp227, Defense 150, Defense 212, Sp. Atk 134, Sp. Def 189 Speed 193
    ------------------------------------------
    Ampharos level 74

move set: Charge beam, thunder bolt, signal beam, thunder
    stats: Hp 227, Attack 146, Defense 158, Sp atk 200, Sp def 169, Speed 108
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Dragonite level 56

move set: wing attack, fly, ice beam, dragon rush
    stats: Hp 176, Attack 165, Defense 131, Sp atk 140, Sp def 119, Speed 90
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    Empoleon level 37
    move set: Steel wing, drill peck, bubblebeam, hydro pump
    Stats: Hp 119, Attack 80, Defense 64, Sp. atk 97, Sp def 80, Speed 55
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    I also have houndoom at level 51 and snesal at level 48 for ice attacks.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    To reset the Pokewalker, there's directions to do so here.

As for your team, I'd round out the levels better so that each of your Pokemon can be helpful. Because if Meganium or Ampharos go down, you might be in trouble. Especially since four of his Pokemon have moves that are super effective against Meganium.

Kip

🔥 Fluffy Fire Fox
    Years
    • Age 32
    • They/Them
    • UK
    • Seen May 16, 2024

Hmm... I didn't take on Red until all my party were at least Lv. 75 and even then it was a tricky battle to win. I'm sure it is possible to win with a lower level party but if it were me I'd make sure all your party were at least Lv. 70.

Years
    I've searched through the whole thread, but couldn't find an answer, so here I go...

I have SS, and my sister has HG. It plays fine, but every once in a while, the game will freeze. The music will continue to play, but I can't move, nothing is moving, etc.

At first, I thought it was a problem with my DS, so I accepted it and saved after every major event or a lot of training. However, when I was going into the room for wireless trading, drawing, etc. (lacking of a better term at the moment...), my sister's game froze once we were already inside, and minutes after when she was resetting the game to go back inside, MY game froze.

I highly doubt that there's a problem with BOTH of our DS's, and we ordered the games brand new, wrapping and all.

Is there any logical explanation?

Surmonter

Hear No Evil
    Years
    What are attacks are good against karen the elite 4?

You should have a Pokemon with strong Psychic moves for Vileplume and Gengar. Have a Pokemon with a strong fighting move for Houndoom and Umbreon. Have Ice/Electric for Murkrow, but Murkrow is pretty weak so you can take it out easily with other types too. If you do pick Ice to combat against it, that would be good because it also would cover Vileplume. And if you teach Ice Beam to a water type, that would cover Vileplume, Houndoom, and Murkrow.

Those are just some things you can do.

mervyn797

What? I'm right here. >D
    Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2011
    What are attacks are good against karen the elite 4?
    Since Umbreon is dark type, bug type and fighting type moves would do good. Fighting and bug type moves won't do good against murkrow since it is flying type along with dark, so yeah electric would be best against it. A strong fire type move will knock out vileplume. Gengar... boo, one physic type knocks it out as well. XD

Back