• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

HG/SS Help Thread

bobandbill

one more time
Years
  • Thanks for the tips but I already know how to do it in D/P/Pt I was asking about HG/SS exclusively.
    on to my question I just arrived at the Safari Zone and got the object placement thing I then placed 28 peak objects in the desert to catch a hippopotas when a trapinch appeared I was a little stunned because Serebii says I must wait 30 days, I waited maybe 3 seconds I tried this in the mountain area too and sure enough a Metang showed up. I just started placing items that day can someone explain how this is possible.
    I do believe it is days since you have unlocked the area/s they are in (so as soon as you unlock items at the latest the day-count begins?) instead of days items have been placed for.

2nd-Thanatos

Watchmen of Sector 2.
    Years
  • I'm kinda new to EV training in HG, but...
    I started ATK training an Absol, fighting against Seakings (that gives 2 or 3 Atk EV points, I think) but when Absol level's up, he also gains Def, HP, and etc. That is totally normal, isn't it?

Something strange happened last week. I was with Scizor (with a Focus Band) against Bruno's Hitmonchan. Hitmonchan defeated Scizor after 2 or 3 hits, and Scizor was my last Pokémon so I came back to the Pokémon Center. When I checked, my Focus Band was gone. Not in my back, not in other Pokémon, not with Scizor... Nowhere. Any idea of what the h*ll happened?

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I'm kinda new to EV training in HG, but...
    I started ATK training an Absol, fighting against Seakings (that gives 2 or 3 Atk EV points, I think) but when Absol level's up, he also gains Def, HP, and etc. That is totally normal, isn't it?

Something strange happened last week. I was with Scizor (with a Focus Band) against Bruno's Hitmonchan. Hitmonchan defeated Scizor after 2 or 3 hits, and Scizor was my last Pokémon so I came back to the Pokémon Center. When I checked, my Focus Band was gone. Not in my back, not in other Pokémon, not with Scizor... Nowhere. Any idea of what the h*ll happened?
    1. It's normal. The Attack gains should be higher in comparison to the other stat gains unless that Pokemon's EVs are maxed out.

2. I don't know.

rndm.

Mostly inactive D:
    Years
  • Something strange happened last week. I was with Scizor (with a Focus Band) against Bruno's Hitmonchan. Hitmonchan defeated Scizor after 2 or 3 hits, and Scizor was my last Pokémon so I came back to the Pokémon Center. When I checked, my Focus Band was gone. Not in my back, not in other Pokémon, not with Scizor... Nowhere. Any idea of what the h*ll happened?

Ya sure it wasn't a Focus Sash? They disappear after use.

Years
  • Hi. I'm trying to get an evee with curse. Can I breed a female bidoof next stage the beaver poke and breed a male vaporeon together to get a male evee with curse? Let me know thanks.Right now my bidoof is level 30. So 15 more levels to go. :D

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
  • Hi. I'm trying to get an evee with curse. Can I breed a female bidoof next stage the beaver poke and breed a male vaporeon together to get a male evee with curse? Let me know thanks.Right now my bidoof is level 30. So 15 more levels to go. :D

I think so, breeding a Male Bidoof/Bibarel/Torcoal that knows Curse with a Female Eevee will produce an Eevee Egg <: with Curse obv.

Years
  • I also did try to did a female misdreiuvs and a male duskull to breed so I can get pain split. But It did not work. I end up getting a female misdreivus. And also the serebii pokedex says that heart gold can remember pain spilt with a heart scale.

Lo~li~Pop

◕‿‿◕ Happy Smiles! ◕‿‿◕
    Years
  • Ello!

I am thinking about restarting my Heart Gold game and I found a code to play as Red.

The thing is, I want to trade over and train some shinies, but I am worried that if I do while useing the AR code to play as Red that then the SID of the shinies will change and become hacks. *Sad Face*

Do you think that will happen if I use that AR code to play as Red (Or anybody else) and train them?

Erufuun

apple bunny lover <3
    Years
  • I also did try to did a female misdreiuvs and a male duskull to breed so I can get pain split. But It did not work. I end up getting a female misdreivus. And also the serebii pokedex says that heart gold can remember pain spilt with a heart scale.

When you breed, it depends on the Female Pokemon whats hatches from the egg. So if you were looking for a Duskull with Pain Split, you need a male Misdreavus with Pain spilt to breed with female Duskull.

Eeohnex

Illuminate
    Years
  • Ello!

I am thinking about restarting my Heart Gold game and I found a code to play as Red.

The thing is, I want to trade over and train some shinies, but I am worried that if I do while useing the AR code to play as Red that then the SID of the shinies will change and become hacks. *Sad Face*

Do you think that will happen if I use that AR code to play as Red (Or anybody else) and train them?
    The Secret ID of a Pokémon does not change when it's traded, it remains the same. I doubt that using this AR code will affect the SID of the Pokémon, since you are using a code to change just the sprite of the trainer, that's all.

Years
  • When you breed, it depends on the Female Pokemon whats hatches from the egg. So if you were looking for a Duskull with Pain Split, you need a male Misdreavus with Pain spilt to breed with female Duskull.

This morning i did the similar thing with a gastly. I got the per song from misdreavus, but not the pain split. Do I need to evolve gastly into haunter before I could do it. let me know. sorry the keyboard a the school is not function properly.

amberfunk

Almost master trainer
    Years
    • Seen May 15, 2014
    This morning i did the similar thing with a gastly. I got the per song from misdreavus, but not the pain split. Do I need to evolve gastly into haunter before I could do it. let me know. sorry the keyboard a the school is not function properly.

What pokemon do you want with pain split?

Take the male misdreavous with pain split( it helps if pain split is the first or second move in it's move set) and breed it with a female koffing, duskull, gulpin, spiritomb( or any of their evolutions) and you should get an offspring with pain split.

https://www.serebii.net/pokedex-dp/egg/477.shtml#painsplit

Years
  • What pokemon do you want with pain split?

Take the male misdreavous with pain split( it helps if pain split is the first or second move in it's move set) and breed it with a female koffing, duskull, gulpin, spiritomb( or any of their evolutions) and you should get an offspring with pain split.

https://www.serebii.net/pokedex-dp/egg/477.shtml#painsplit

Well I wanted a gastly and a dusk skull with pain split and they're all males, but so far I got no luck. I caught a brand new misdrvieus this time and I'm going try to breed it with haunter and check if I could get it.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Well I wanted a gastly and a dusk skull with pain split and they're all males, but so far I got no luck. I caught a brand new misdrvieus this time and I'm going try to breed it with haunter and check if I could get it.
    You can't get a Gastly with Pain Split with your current method (breeding). While Duskull can learn Pain Split by breeding, Gastly can't.

Pain Split is a tutor move in HeartGold/SoulSilver. You can bring a Gastly to the house in the Battle Frontier entrance and pay some Battle Points (earned through winning challenges in the Battle Frontier) to one of the 3 guys there to have it learn Pain Split.

TheDeadpool

My common sense is tingling!
    Years
  • I was just wondering about ev training. im ev training a monferno and im not really keeping track. i have a power brace on him and whatever... so ive been killing sentret pidgey and rattata for atk and speed evs i was just wondering if there was a way to know when his evs are filled up? thanks for any help. :]

TheDeadpool

Years
  • You can tell if a Pokémon has 510 EVs total by talking to a woman in one of the houses in the east of Blackthorn City. She'll give your Monferno an Effort Ribbon if your Monferno has 510 total EVs.

To my knowledge, aside from actually using a calculator, there isn't a way to exactly determine the amount of effort points your Pokémon has in a specific stat.

if i only train on atk and speed giving pkmn eventually theyll both get maxed out right? after that im not sure what to do. hp? im not ev training for any specific set. just to get more powerful >:]

TheDeadpool

Years
  • If you only battle Pokémon providing Attack and Speed points you'll definitely max out Attack and Speed eventually. Of course, in Generation IV, you can't max out every stat at the same time.
    Technically you could go up to 252 EV for Attack and Speed, which would still have the same effect as 255 EV each, and put the 6 extra points in HP or something, but that would require keeping track.

well i understand the limit... im saying after i max out atk and speed, then just put the rest into hp, that would work?

Back