• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

HG/SS Help Thread

FrostPheonix

Eternity.
Years
  • Put your game into the AR slot, and then put the AR into the DS (I think thats how you put a game in, dunno I dont have one). A menu should pop up when you click on the game slot I think. You should have the option to insert codes somewhere there.

I hav just finished ev training a shroomish with pokerus with a exp share. I have tallied my ev's so i knew it was right. I then went and got my effort ribbon to confirm it was fully ev trained.

However i have been doing abit more research on ev training (as this is the first time i have tried ev training) and have found that by using exp share you negate the effects or pokerus. If this is tru, how would i have got my effort ribbon?

Probs false source, not sure. Never EV trained myself, never wanted to bother...

AyameHikaru

Beauty Queen
    Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2013
    Probs false source, not sure. Never EV trained myself, never wanted to bother...

Not exactly false source, just badly worded. What that meant was, if your lead has Pokerus and the Pokemon with the Exp. Share doesn't, the Exp. Shared one doesn't get the lead's boost.

So if Charizard is out front with Pokerus and Caterpie has no Pokerus but the Exp. Share, if Charizard killed a Golbat CHARIZARD would get +4, but Caterpie would only get +2. However, if Caterpie has Pokerus, it'd get +4 as well.

mic000899

Amateur Trainer
    Years
  • I'm breeding a Seviper and an ekans to get an Ekans with poison tail. If i were to get a male Ekans with poison tail and breed it with an adament ditto holding an everstone will the Ekans I get from the ditto/Ekans have poison tail?

Haberdasher

suffers from nostalgia
    Years
  • Does Lt. Surge's French Pikachu Volty work for the Masuda Method IF first traded? I know that if it remains on the same game the game will recognize it as being generated there, but if not, wouldn't it just look like any other foreign Pokemon to the game?

Years
  • hello I was recently ev training my flaffy. I over done his special attack. Is there a way to decrees it. It had 250 ev for killing flaffy and gariffarie for 2 ev points. I was suppose to stop, but I battled and forgot to stop until i killed 5 of them. I was suppose to stop until I kill 2 more. So that brings me a total of 260 evs. lol I remember reading somewhere that berries can reduce ev training. If so what kind of berry does it use to lowers sp atk? Please help.

problem solved by Vaporeon7. All i need now is the item.

Last edited:

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
    Years
  • hello I was recently ev training my flaffy. I over done his special attack. Is there a way to decrees it. It had 250 ev for killing flaffy and gariffarie for 2 ev points. I was suppose to stop, but I battled and forgot to stop until i killed 5 of them. I was suppose to stop until I kill 2 more. So that brings me a total of 260 evs. lol I remember reading somewhere that berries can reduce ev training. If so what kind of berry does it use to lowers sp atk? Please help.

Hondew berries reduce Special Attack.

Haberdasher

suffers from nostalgia
    Years

problem solved by Vaporeon7. All i need now is the item.
    If you have any Green Shards, give them to the Shard guy in Fuchsia, and one of the berries he'll give you is a Hondew Berry. :)

amberfunk

Almost master trainer
    Years
    • Seen May 15, 2014
    Does Lt. Surge's French Pikachu Volty work for the Masuda Method IF first traded? I know that if it remains on the same game the game will recognize it as being generated there, but if not, wouldn't it just look like any other foreign Pokemon to the game?

No, it does not count as a foreign pokemon at all.

Pika-power

Jesus of Suburbia
    Years
  • Really, it doesn't matter cause the lati will just fly to another random location if you approach it wrong. What matters is how you approach it. Don't bike or run to the location, just walk.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Routs east of Fuchsia or north of Cerulean can work well mind (adjacent routes without buildings in-between is what you are looking for).

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Thank you.
    Though that list seems incomplete.
    No, that's pretty much it. The only other differences are which legendary you get first (Lugia or Ho-Oh) and hence which one features in the intro movie as well as which cutscene (ie pretty 10-20 second scene of said legendary) you will be able to see in the game.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I want to ask something about ev training with physical attack and special attack. What are physical attack and what are special attack? For example my chardizard's move set right now are Dragon pulse, flamethrower, earthquake and shadow claw. If I'm wrong about these attacks please correct me. My chardizard is ev train in 255 speed and 252 attack.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
  • I want to ask something about ev training with physical attack and special attack. What are physical attack and what are special attack? For example my chardizard's move set right now are Dragon pulse, flamethrower, earthquake and shadow claw. If I'm wrong about these attacks please correct me. My chardizard is ev train in 255 speed and 252 attack.

Firstly, go here; https://www.serebii.net/attackdex-dp/ this will tell you if your move is Physical/Special/Status.

Secondly, Shadow Claw & Earthquake are Physical, whilst the other two are Special.

Lastly, 255 In an ev stat is pointless, cause only 252 Count, so go for 252 Spe / 252 Atk / 4 Hp.

Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2011
    No, that's pretty much it. The only other differences are which legendary you get first (Lugia or Ho-Oh) and hence which one features in the intro movie as well as which cutscene (ie pretty 10-20 second scene of said legendary) you will be able to see in the game.

What about Omanite/Kabuto?

Back