• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen HG/SS - Updated Gym Leaders/Elite 4/Red?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Late

Pokémon Artist
Years
  • In G/S/C levels were too low, so I used time to think. First you need badges to have bigger level pokémon, but when you go to Kanto you can have 100 level pokémon with you if I remember right. So, why do you need those badges? Just because you wanna go to Mount Silver and beat Red. Then you have completed whole game. So, I think that game could have bigger levels in Johto (and Kanto) if you need Kanto badges to have more levels again. So you can't go with your biggest level pokémon to Kanto you have to start all over and Oak could give you a starter pokémon (Bulbasaur, Charmander, Squirtle) :D

This way the game has bigger level pokémon, but you can't go with your big level pokémon (it's sad, but good way to get bigger level pokémon to HeartGold and SoulSilver). Starter pokémon, because I become too sad, when I have to leave my Typhlosion to box, but I can have Charmander!

I don't know what do you people think about my idea, but it sounds good to me :P
    Please, say would this be a good or bad thing.

stephen_swann_123

Stephen, The fire trainer
    Years
  • Now maybe if they added some pokemon or made some of the evolve.
    If this isn't good, then tell me and you can use this information to use for further information. Like if your going to give your take on the Gyms, then you can change this.
    Faulkner : Raise Pidgeys level to 10 and pidgeottos to about level 18 to be right with its evolution. Or maybe a little lower.

Lv. 7 Pidgey
    Lv. 9 Pidgeotto
    Bugsy : Evolve Metapod and Kakuna
    Lv. 14 Metapod
    Lv. 14 Kakuna
    Lv. 16 Scyther
    Whitney : Evolve Clefairy
    Lv. 18 Clefairy
    Lv. 20 Miltank
    Morty : Evolve Gastly and one Haunter
    Lv. 21 Gastly
    Lv. 21 Haunter
    Lv. 25 Gengar
    Lv. 23 Haunter
    Jasmine :Evolve the Magnemite
    Lv. 30 Magnemite
    Lv. 30 Magnemite
    Lv. 35 Steelix
    Chuck :Raise there level a bit :
    Lv. 27 Primeape
    Lv. 30 Poliwrath
    Pryce : Evolve Seel
    Lv. 27 Seel
    Lv. 29 Dewgong
    Lv. 31 Piloswine
    Blair : Raise dragonair 3 levels
    Lv. 37 Dragonair
    Lv. 37 Dragonair
    Lv. 37 Dragonair
    Lv. 40 Kingdra

True Reign

  
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2010
    I think he meant Satoshi Tijiri (the creator of Pokemon.)

They should make the elite four level 60s or at least mid level 50s.

Red can have Pokemon in the level 90s or 100s.

If the Kanto gyms levels were raised, I'd like to be able to encounter some strong wild Pokemon as well.

I hope some of them get a wardrobe update like someone else has mentioned. I doubt Jasmine would seeing as her overworld sprite was in Diamond, Pearl and Platinum. She was still wearing the same white dress. However, that doesn't mean that some can't get a new look. *coughWhitneycough*
    No way. The Elite Four should be in the seventies.

Years
  • Whatever. I don't care what levels the Elite Four are. I just want to play already. I think it's obvious they'll up the levels seeing as how they made the levels in Platinum. It's underleveled compared to most games, because most games came after Gold and Silver. They didn't change FrLg much compared to RBY because they didn't really need to. Hopefully, we'll be able to get through the game and end up with some Pokemon over level 80 by the time we can battle Red.

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2014
    thay just need more levels on gym leaders wild pokemon and some trainers
    o btw help on gpxplus

Last edited:

TheAliveTrain

I love *splashes* Magikarps
    Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2009
    i dont know why yall keep over rating pearl (barry to me lol)
    i beat his lv 80s team wit only a lv 44typhlosion knowing flamethrower,earthquake,shadowclaw,and flame wheel
    granted my typhlosion was lv 50 at the end of it but still dats sad when a lv40 can beat 80s and still be in the yellow wit out healing.
    No wai.
    Btw, whose's team? Barry's or Red's?

they better up the levels in the gyms but keep kanto the same for the most part (kanto has always been a joke,but still even they need a lil attention).
    they should completely change the elite four cuz they were PATHETIC back in g/s/c
    Lance was boring,i used my purple(shiny) kingler wit ice punch (never really understood that) and pooned his butt!
    Actually they do need to be raised, as you can go till level 100, but challenges end like in level 50 (Kanto Gyms, not counting Red). And I agree with you about Lance, He looks more like a Flying type trainer than a Dragon's one. (Check it, all his Pokés are Half flying). Karen was harder than him.

lv 15 pigeot would be AWESOME!!!!! i would so use the cheat code to catch dat lol
    pigeotto was catchable at lv9 in yellow so it is possible.
    Man, don't go that far. You can catch Lv16 Dusclops in Platinum, I think.

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2014
    well its hard to level up in G/S/C so it was alright but yeah higher levels would be good :3

Narodin

Pokémon Agate Version
    Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2015
    They'll probably raise the levels a bit, and give you more trainers to battle so you can get your levels higher.
    Or they could do nothing about it and have you zip through the game in a few days.

I'd prefer the first one :P

Cameo

Superior heat protecter!
    Years
  • I personally wish that Johto League would be a bit harder than in the original versions. It was way too easy to beat because you could easily train your pokémon to be over 60 leveled. XD Red was already nicely tough and I wish that his pokémon are atleast between levels 90 to 100. It would also be cool, if the Johto League´s teams would get upgraded after you´d travelled trough Kanto region. Like what happened after you had obtained that Sapphire or what ever stone it was that you had to get in FR/LG to be able to challenge E4 again. : DD

Munch Dog

Growlithe!
    Years
  • Yeah, I'd like some higher levels too, especially in Kanto, it was way too easy. Playing through Gold again recently made me remember how underleveled the Pokemon in G/S/C really were compared to the other games. And Red with a lvl 96 Pikachu? That would be awesome!

Charmageddon

Charizard has evolved into ^
    Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2016
    Red's team definitely needs to be improved. I took him down in Crystal with only a team of bug pokemon with levels<60. Also, the Kanto gym leaders desperately need improving, as do the levels of pokemon in Kanto and Mt Silver (and Johto, but only in the later parts of the region, Lake of Rage and Route 45 in particular). The Johto gyms/Elite Four were apparently low levels because there was another region afterwards, but the Kanto gym leaders were actually weaker than the Elite Four *facepalm*. Janine's team was especially terrible (lvl. 33 Ariados? My Feraligatr's lvl. 65 by now, it just has to blink to take it down).

I'd mostly improve the teams of the Johto gyms, levels only need significantly upping with Falkner. I'd put the Elite Four at levels 50-60, the Kanto gym leaders at 60-75ish, with the wild pokemon in Kanto at 40-60. Red's team would be as follows:

Pikachu (lvl. 90)
    Snorlax (lvl. 86)
    Venasaur (lvl. 87)
    Charizard (lvl. 87)
    Blastoise (lvl. 87)
    Mewtwo (lvl. 92)

Now that would be a challenge!

Also, Silver's Magneton and Sneasel should be evolved into Magnezone and Weavile for the last 2/3 battles.

Matt-O

The King's Shadow
    Years
  • I'd mostly improve the teams of the Johto gyms, levels only need significantly upping with Falkner. I'd put the Elite Four at levels 50-60, the Kanto gym leaders at 60-75ish, with the wild pokemon in Kanto at 40-60. Red's team would be as follows:

Pikachu (lvl. 90)
    Snorlax (lvl. 86)
    Venasaur (lvl. 87)
    Charizard (lvl. 87)
    Blastoise (lvl. 87)
    Mewtwo (lvl. 92)

Now that would be a challenge!

While I agree that Red's team needs to be stronger, they will never give him a Mewtwo. It was Espeon in 2nd Gen, it will stay Espeon now.

Anyway, I know I've thrown this idea out several times in the past, but I really think that Pkmn needs a to allow you to choose your difficulty level at the beginning of the game, so that it's not too rediculous for kids but it can still keep older players engaged. Nintendo does it on other games. Metroid and Fire Emblem both have difficulty settings. Why not Pkmn?

Cyndahog

lol hi
    Years
  • No wai.
    Btw, whose's team? Barry's or Red's?

I think it's Barry's because Shadow Claw wasn't in Gen II.

I agree with stephen_swann_123 to evolve Clefairy, Magnemite, Metapod and Kakuna.
    As many people have said before, Morty deserves a Misdreavus > His 2nd Haunter.

If all what I said above happened, and a slight increase in levels and a lot of AI, I would be pleased.

Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2010
    While I agree that Red's team needs to be stronger, they will never give him a Mewtwo. It was Espeon in 2nd Gen, it will stay Espeon now.
    Not only that, but Mewtwo would just be cheap. Giving any storyline characters a legendary would just be silly unless they had a valid reasoning--and I don't think they'll go that far when Red has already been established to have an Espeon.

That said, a difficulty level option would be ace. That way, people who want a challenge will get it and little kids (a.k.a the target audience) won't get frustrated and abandon the game.

Bishopk

meow :)
    Years
    • CO
    • Seen Feb 16, 2018
    Anyway, I know I've thrown this idea out several times in the past, but I really think that Pkmn needs a to allow you to choose your difficulty level at the beginning of the game, so that it's not too rediculous for kids but it can still keep older players engaged. Nintendo does it on other games. Metroid and Fire Emblem both have difficulty settings. Why not Pkmn?

Pokémon does not have a definite ending; you play and level beyond the final bosses. For games that have different difficulties, one should be able to beat the game on a lower difficulty and then move up. I haven't played Metroid or Fire Emblem, but I've played Kingdom Hearts, and the difficulty system there (sort of) allows for people to play through multiple times on different skill levels. Pokémon is completely different, and wouldn't really work that way since half the game's appeal is continuing to level after beating the Elite Four.
    I don't think that selectable difficulty levels is possible in Pokémon, and I think that tougher encounters after the Elite Four is defeated would be the only way to do something like this.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    hope all the gym leaders have the same pokemon and they should be the same level to keep it legit
    I disagree. Especially with the part about the Gym leaders Keeping the same Pokemon. At least give Falkner a Hoothoot or something, since trying to fight a Steel/Flying (Skarmory) Pokemon would be too much, especially to those who start with Chikorita. Him not having a Johto Pokemon in the Johto region was just not very thought out. Same thing with some of the others. Morty needs Misdreavus, Chuck needs Hitmontop, and it would even be nice to give Whitney a Snubbull. :B

Then maybe for if they choose for you to be able to rebattle the gyms, Faulkner would then have a Skarmory and such.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    I disagree. Especially with the part about the Gym leaders Keeping the same Pokemon. At least give Falkner a Hoothoot or something, since trying to fight a Steel/Flying (Skarmory) Pokemon would be too much, especially to those who start with Chikorita. Him not having a Johto Pokemon in the Johto region was just not very thought out. Same thing with some of the others. Morty needs Misdreavus, Chuck needs Hitmontop, and it would even be nice to give Whitney a Snubbull. :B

Then maybe for if they choose for you to be able to rebattle the gyms, Faulkner would then have a Skarmory and such.

Actually, no I agree with those who say that the first time around the Gym's and Elite's Pokémon rosters should be kept the same. However, the Pokémon can be kept the same like in the originals, but the levels in my opinion should definitely be raised to higher standards. The reason why I say the Gym and Elite teams need to be kept the same is because those who want to enjoy the nostalgic feel will at least be satisfied with the effect of playing the game they shared about ten years ago. Not to forget, this is a remake, so drastic changes such as that don't need to be altered. Though, maybe after the National Dex is given to the player and they incorporate rematches, then I can understand the rosters for the Gyms and Elites be altered, added, and extended. This way it keeps the game flowing and it'll also satisfy those who wished for it to be changed at first. It is a basic win/win situation if placed this way and honestly, I see it is a very possible chance of Game Freak doing so. So, keep the teams the same the first time, but rise the Al and levels for the challenges, and the second time around that is when improvements should take effect and become something new in a way.

Rex77

Alto Gym Legend
    Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2009
    I would like and could probably see:

Falkner
    Pidgey Lv9
    Hoothoot Lv10
    Pidgeotto Lv12

Bugsy
    Ledyba Lv17
    Spinarak Lv18
    Scyther Lv19

Whitney
    Clefable Lv21
    Dunsparce Lv19
    Miltank Lv23

Morty
    Misdreavus Lv25
    Ghastly Lv23
    Haunter Lv26
    Gengar Lv28

Chuck
    Machoke Lv30
    Primeape Lv31
    Heracross Lv32
    Poliwrath Lv33

Jasmine
    Magneton Lv32
    Skarmory Lv34
    Steelix Lv36

Pryce
    Dewgong Lv39
    Sneasel Lv37
    Delibird Lv37
    Piloswine Lv40

Clair
    Dragonair Lv42
    Seadra Lv42
    Gyarados Lv43
    Kingdra Lv45

Elite 4 Will (round two in parentheses)
    Kadabra Lv47 (replaced by Grumpig Lv65)
    Slowking Lv45 (Lv63)
    Jynx Lv46 (replaced by Bronzong Lv64)
    Girafarig Lv45 (Lv63)
    Slowbro Lv48 (replaced by Gardevoir Lv66)
    Xatu Lv49 (Lv67)

Elite 4 Koga
    Crobat Lv48 (Lv66)
    Muk Lv46 (replaced by Swalot Lv64)
    Weezing Lv50 (replaced by Ninjask Lv68)
    Venomoth Lv47 (Lv65)
    Nidoking Lv49 (replaced by Dustox 67)
    Forrettress Lv52 (Lv70)

Bruno
    Hitmontop Lv50 (Lv68)
    Onix Lv49 (replaced by Hariyama Lv67)
    Hitmonchan Lv52 (Lv70)
    Hitmonlee Lv52 (Lv70)
    Onix Lv51 (replaced by Gallade Lv69)
    Machamp Lv54 (Lv72)

Karen
    Umbreon Lv53 (Lv71)
    Murkrow Lv56 (evolved to Honchkrow Lv74)
    Sneasel Lv54 (evolved to Weavile Lv72)
    Gengar Lv55 (replaced by Sableye Lv73)
    Pupitar Lv54 (evolved to Tyranitar Lv72)
    Houndoom Lv57 (Lv75)

Lance
    Kingdra Lv58 (Lv76)
    Dragonite Lv57 (replaced by Flygon Lv75)
    Charizard Lv58 (Lv76)
    Dragonite Lv57 (replaced by Salamence Lv75)
    Aerodactyl Lv58 (Lv76)
    Dragonite Lv60 (Lv78)

Surge
    Manectric Lv59
    Luxray Lv61
    Electivire Lv62
    Ampharos Lv62
    Raichu Lv63

Sabrina
    Mr. Mime Lv63
    Unown Lv62
    Lunatone Lv62
    Alakazam Lv64

Erika
    Tangrowth Lv63
    Victreebell Lv64
    Bellossom Lv64
    Jumpluff Lv65
    Vileplume Lv66

Janine
    Arbok Lv65
    Seviper Lv65
    Ariados Lv68

Misty
    Golduck Lv67
    Seadra Lv65
    Corsola Lv67
    Starmie Lv69

Brock
    Omastar Lv66
    KabutopsLv66
    Aggron Lv67
    Shuckle Lv68
    Golem Lv69
    Onix Lv70

Blaine
    Magcargo Lv68
    Arcanine Lv70
    Rapidash Lv70
    Magmortar Lv72

Blue
    Pidgeot Lv71
    Arcanine Lv74
    Gyarados Lv73
    Rhyperior Lv73
    Exeggcutor Lv73
    Umbreon Lv75

Red (Elite 4 Round 2 recommended prior)
    Pikachu Lv88
    Venusaur Lv85
    Charizard Lv87
    Blastoise Lv85
    Snorlax Lv83
    Espeon Lv80

That sounds good, and I believe Johto is represented by at least one Pokemon in every team.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back