• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen HGSS have been in the works for more then 3 years and other tidbits.

Mitchman

Banned
Years
  • Wow.
    HGSS have been in the works for more then 3 years and other tidbits.

Yes this warrants a thread. So then this what he said in plain summary:
    The game has been in production for a hell of a lot more years then I thought.
    They are not simple remakes. Hoho this is the best bit.

So the topic? Well its simple. Will it be bigger and better the expected just by the screens or will it be nothing more then special? And how does it differ from being a simple remake>?

Years
  • It's not really a surprise that the game's been in development since Diamond and Pearl, what with the location data for Johto inserted into the game. As for the 'not just a simple remake' thing, one can only assume that with a bigger storage space on the DS game card the game will be much more expansive than the original Gold and Silver versions.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Well it's coming out in the fall, or so I have been told. They maybe had a lot of things in mind for us in this remake while we were busy playing Diamond and Pearl. Plus the hints bring up this theory as well, the red Gyarados commercial, Jasmine, etc. I wouldn't be suprised if they had actually planned the remake while they were making Diamond and Pearl.

Psyburn

Is not Kazaam
    Years
  • This isn't really surprising.

Nintendo always seems to announce games after its been through a certain amount of years in development, so as to not piss off fans with the waiting game (I mean....its been announced for THIS FALL in Japan). Course that fails considering some peeps have already said they can't wait. Then again, who can?

I dont really see much in that article that warrants importance tho...no offense.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Seeing as this could have been worked on for a matter of years now means that they've been going back and fourth with ideas, and working to make this game a lot better than a simple remake. It could possibly be more than what a lot of people expected. With modern technology today, the DS Card for that game could hold more memory than the previous cards before. Also, there could have been more additions and final tweaks that could have been staggered into the game that some of us haven't thought about as yet.

I say, it is looking good from here with these new GSDS games. The game itself might have a bigger plot after the Elite, especially seeing as how Kanto in the original game was left pretty empty before. As for it differing from a remake, it really wouldn't if it sticks to the same storyline for Johto. Even with the few new additions, it wouldn't shift away from being called a remake. This would only be considered different from a remake if the entire plot of the game were to change from Gold and Silver.

Seeing as how they are working to bring it up to more modern times also would explain a lot of the new features they've added, such as the touch screen being used more and the start menu being placed at the botton screen rather than previous games which were on the top.

Now, this message also explains why Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum has had so many references back to the Johto games as well, because it was in planning since DP came out. And seeing as they want to keep it as great for the old GSC players, then I'm pretty sure it is a reasurrance for a lot of players that it'll steer closer to the originals that some thought otherwise.

This is good news overall, and might I add he has like one of the most best jobs ever. xD

Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2010
    Great to know that this isn't going to be another FR/LG. This is going to be HUGE. I mean, they're pretty much comparing it to a new game.
    Along with it being in production since D/P and with all the hype it's getting, I can tell we're in for one mass-produced cart of sheer win and genius.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • Great to know that this isn't going to be another FR/LG. This is going to be HUGE. I mean, they're pretty much comparing it to a new game.
    Along with it being in production since D/P and with all the hype it's getting, I can tell we're in for one mass-produced cart of sheer win and genius.
    Exactly. You summed up everything I wanted to say but was at a lack of words with a bit more. And also by comparing it to a new game I expect that to mean that hehe fans of the games of yore while this is your precious 2 region game being done in DS awesome-o-vision we upped the anti quite a bit. Which is what I am perfectly happy about.

Ninja Tree

I turn 1 everyday
    Years
    • Age 16
    • Seen Aug 6, 2010
    It's like genetically altering a cloned baby.

So...HG/SS has been in the works for more than 3 years?

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • Yeap basically you read right. Its one of those wow can't believe it shocking facts that just won't settle in your mind cause its hard to believe.

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
  • I love the fact that HG/SS is going to be more expansive than the original GSC. This gives Game Freak the perfect opportunity to implement potentially innovative ideas they may have abandoned before with GSC. :) Plus, even more ideas can be developed to utilize the DS's features. From what I've heard about Platinum's post-game, if this were to top that...I'd probably almost never get bored of Johto! :knockedou (which is good when a game has replay value)

The only unsettling thing (sort of, since it positively reduces our wait time) is that not many more ideas can be suggested/used for the games, since Game Freak must be preparing to finalize the games soon... Well, we can always use future ideas for Gen. V and beyond! Just a matter of months before utter, pure, epic WIN is released by Game Freak! :D

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Not only has it been worked on since three years ago, but it is still being mingled with. This game will be great, I know it, I just hope when the next Gen games come out and other remakes, they can hold up their place like they are doing with the GSDS games.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • We all knew that that Johto game data was inserted into DPPt, but what about Kanto? That's the only thing that gives me a little butterfly in my stomach: What if it made us go to Sinnoh instead of Kanto? I know for a fact I wouldn't be the only disappointed one there. Of course, who really knows. Just a little thought I'd put onto the table.
    I am sorry this might sound rude but to think even remotely that they would take out Kanto for Sinnoh which is this gens current region is completely idiotic and not needed what so ever. Sheesh. We got it already in 3 games why do we need it in 5?! I say if they do make things change a lot and I mean a lot like the touchscreens and the rumored fleshing out of the breeding system release a 4th version for effing eff's sake.

Eggie Poo Poo

OM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM
    Years
  • "this game will be much more than just a simple remake"

That line made me laugh. Funny how far companies will go to falsely advertise their game.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • "this game will be much more than just a simple remake"

That line made me laugh. Funny how far companies will go to falsely advertise their game.
    What you don't believe them? From what I am seeing this is actually very true. The Pokemon following you has been added the whole other gender playing a support role being in thing and more makes me believe this.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    It'll be far from a remake in such that there are tons of new additonal features to the game, but it'll still be a remake in that it follows the same plot and plays out the same as the orignal versions of it.

Poliwagged

is waggin' his tail
    Years
    • Seen May 12, 2012
    "this game will be much more than just a simple remake"

you are so funny

so so funny

but i like refridgimator more.

and hey maybe since its been in production for so long, maybe they might

simultaneous world release

HA HA HA

AH AH

oh my stomach.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • you are so funny

so so funny

but i like refridgimator more.

and hey maybe since its been in production for so long, maybe they might

simultaneous world release

HA HA HA

AH AH

oh my stomach.
    You do know your last bit made so much sense to me? I can expect it but I dunno I hope so.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Wow, I actually see a point in that having it been worked on for so long that it can be a international release, but there is no news on that right now. It would definitely be a big hit like that if it were to happen though.

Ru-Kun

bleh...
    Years
  • He said they've been thinking about it ever since DP. Wow. I wonder how they made sure that no one heard about it. I know that it was probably just a few little things about it that they talked about, but still it must have been hard not to tell anyone that they were thinking about it. I would have spilt the beans in a few days....

Back