• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen HGSS > Why so excited?

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
    I would finally able to play the game again after my Silver died on me. :'(

Also, there would be loads of improvement. I can finally journey in Johto again. Also, I kinda miss Mt. Silver. It was where I met Red. It was where I beat him.

I also want to see what the female sprite for GSDS would look like. If my memory served me right, one couldn't choose gender in the old G/S. :P

Zero Avenged

Be greater.
    Years
    I am really hyped to see the whole headbutt the tree thing.....that was sooo fun! And I really enjoyed growing those acorns and giving them to Kurt!! That was alot of fun too!

"Shadow Lugia"

Haven't used this in a while
    Years
    Let me answer your question with another question:
    HGSS > Why so excited?

How many awesome things can you spot in this picture?

Zero Avenged

Be greater.
    Years
    Let me answer your question with another question:
    HGSS > Why so excited?

How many awesome things can you spot in this picture?
    Dude where did you get that pic?
    Thats so freaking BA...I mean his chikorita is following him!
    The graphics look really good. I forgot all about your hardcore rival who I was never able to figure out whether it was a boy or girl!

Years
    Mainly because my old games are probably on their last legs by now...from what I've been hearing, the internal battery on my Crystal isn't gonna last too much longer. :(

Years
    I am beyond excited. The second generation games were my favourites, and it's going to be great getting to play through Johto again, raising the Johto starters and Johto-native Pokemon. It'll be the whole G/S/C experience over again, but in D/P/Pl-style 3D.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I am eager to see the changes in the cities and the storyline as well.

Charliezard

A wild shroomish appeared!
    Years
    I'm excited because Johto is awesome. Bayleef is my favourite Pokemon and I'm just not getting too into platinum.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I am also excited to see how the Gyms are as well as the Elite Four. I hope they are going to be more challenging.

Cham

Cool Trainer
    Years
    I am excited because I get to play my favourite game again, this time upgraded. I wont ever have to worry about a save battery going bad, and I get to go back to Johto. How awesome would it be if they added Hoenne to HG/SS along with Kanto? We can only hope~

Mr.Kirby

off the wall
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Dec 13, 2009
    Oh, I thought this thread was asking more why everyone is getting in a tizzy on this re-make even though we knew it was coming a mile away instead of individually asking why we are excited for this. Oh well. ¬_¬ I'm still not seeing why.

Eh, I'm excited to play my very first pokemon game generation over again and more importantly it means that the 2nd generation pokemon needed to complete my Platinum pokedex will be out there. And hopefully it means that soon there'll be an event for this to get an english Celebi. lD

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I'm actually excited to see what's new in Goldenrod City and if the Sudowoodo will still be blocking the entrance.

Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2016
    My favorite region is back, and new(er). I love Goldenrod City. Bug-catching contests, Apricorns, anddd the fact you can defeat 16 Gyms. (Hopefully.)

That is the reason for my excitement.

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    How many awesome things are there in the picture? All of them!! XD
    Let's see, Gold, Silver, Chikorita, 3d, buildings, yeah, almost all of them.

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
    Honestly, my initial driving force in these games are new sprite designs. However, once the Japanese version is released and more facts about the gameplay are know, then that will put my excitement into full force.

Back