• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen HGSS > Why so excited?

Years
    I'm excited because I loved G/S/C. Even though it wasn't my favorite, Crystal was one of the most memorable games for me because my brother and I put hours into it.

Cyndahog

lol hi
    Years
    Imma looking forward to:
    -New sprites
    -Using one of the starters in 4TH GEN!
    -Dark cave's music
    -"Hyuck-hyuck-hyuck" grunt
    -The borat grunt 'i come from country different' in Kanto
    -Red - Hopefully higher levels
    -Karen, my favourite E4 member
    -Houndour, who will HOPEFULLY BE IN JOHTO AND NOT KANTO
    -The awesome rival
    -Minor, but the "aide" in the gyms was defo my fav out of all the regions
    -Everything, it's Gold and Silver after all
    -Ilex Forest
    -If Cinnebar exploded when the player was on the isle, that would be awesomeness
    -Catching Yanma, and evolving into Yanmega, unless it's like FRLG where they stop evolving [e.g Golbat - Crobat
    -And all the legendaries
    -

Zero Avenged

Be greater.
    Years
    I want to battle with lance again. He was my favorite Elite Four Member ever! and Claire...she was a beast and I just loved the dragon battles!

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jan 10, 2015
    He is right. Gold and Silver were by far the best games Nintendo ever made.
    Woah, Woah, Woah, WOAH. He? HE? Damn.

Anyway, I'm feeling really excited about this. God and Silver were great, so... by rule of thumb, this should also be great, yes?
    I'm going to be in a semi-hyped state until the release.

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    I *really* want to hear the remixed music so much! Route 27 is the best route music ever, probably one of the best pieces out of all the Pokemon games. From the first time I heard it, it made me feel as though you've achieved a lot, but you're not quite at the end of your journey and still have a way to go...but perhaps it's me being nostalgic. The anime's remix of it is also epic. And Silver was the best rival, I think. The one's in RSE and DP are all too friendly. It seemed like they tried to make Brendan a bit like Gary, kind of sneering, but not as much and was too nice and gave you loads of items. I can't remember the DP boy's name, but he was rather bland. Jun was pretty funny though.

Anyway, I'm feeling really excited about this. God and Silver were great, so... by rule of thumb, this should also be great, yes?
    I'm going to be in a semi-hyped state until the release.

Yep, they were godly games XDD The typo fits XD

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
    I'm looking forward to it because I don't know smack about the Johto Region, so it's always interesting to explore something new. :3

Oh, and shiny Gyarados hur hur.

Cheesymitten

Dukcs
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2015
    I am excited because the character actually wears awesome clothes!
    And doesn't where a really bad designed scarf =X

Years
    • Seen Apr 1, 2011
    I would love to see the updated graphics for Johto, being able to form a new team and having my starter follow me around. Pokemon Silver was the very first Pokemon game I had and I remember how I loved to play it all the time. That was the game that help me get into Pokemon even more. I would love to play both Soul Silver and Heart Gold just for the joy of returning to Johto once again.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    There are many factors relating to why I would like this remake:

- I never really got to play much through my original Silver version.
    - The nostalgia of simply getting the game for the DS and adventuring through the Johto again.
    - It's a remake, and I've waiting too long for this xD

Years
    • Seen May 10, 2009
    i'm excited because i get to take a trip down memory lane to the first pokemon game i played

FalconJoker

Joking with the Devil
    Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2009
    I'm excited because I actually never played Gold or Silver. I've played every other generation but this one. So it's like a late, late catchup for me. LoL.

Finnel

Years
    I'm excited due to nostalgia. I can't wait to solve the mysteries of Ruins of Alph and participate in the Bug-catching contest again.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    I'm excited because the more I learn about this game and the new things they've added and the old memories I've had, it just gets me thrilled.

Years
    My Reasons why I am looking forward to this game.
    -Favorite Region
    -Favorite Gym Leaders
    -Favorite Starters
    -Get to start off with a Johto Pokemon again, but with better graphics. (Now, I don't have to fill the Hoenn dex in Emerald to get a Johto starter. YAY!)
    -Favorite Legendaries: Ho-Oh, Lugia, Suicune, Entei, and Raikou.
    -New Girl
    -Favorite Rival. The best one imo. (Not too fond of Gary, Brendan, or Barry.)
    -Most unique beginning of the game. Elm didn't tell you you were going to be trainer. He just told you to go to Mr. Pokemon's house, then he let you get the Mystery egg, then said you can keep your starter and go to Violet City for your first badge. (The other games automatically tell you you're going to be a trainer.)
    -Your rival stole a Pokemon and isn't your friend.
    -You can easily get your starter to level 17 before battling Falkner.
    -Sudowoodo is funny.
    -Radio on Pokegear.
    -Starter now follows you again. (Favorite feature of Yellow version.)
    -Enjoyed GS and Yellow version.
    -Some of my favorite pokemon were in Johto.
    -Only game with TWO REGIONS-Liked the GS Misty better than the RBY/FrLg one.
    -Red in Mount Silver
    -Gary/B/G is a GYM LEADER.
    -It didn't get boring b/c of the two regions. Once I got a little tired of Kanto, I liked returning to Johto. (I didn't mix the two up, just so you know. It was Johto, then Kanto, then return to Johto for bug catching contests, and going to Mount Silver.)
    -So much to do.
    -Best music
    -(Wasn't fond of Hoenn because I loved GS so much.)
    -More land than water.
    -Apricorns made by Kurt. (I like Friend Ball, Love Ball, Moon Ball, Lure Ball, etcetera better than the new ones.)
    -Day and Night returning in Johto. :)
    -Pokegear.
    -And so much more. ^_^

Back