• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Hidden Ties

What do you think of the storyline?

• Epic! One of the best I've seen!

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Great, it's looking pretty good!

Votes: 10 50.0%
  • Mediocre, could definitely be better.

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • An embarrassment to hackers everywhere.

Votes: 2 10.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

lizardman974

I'm honestly just that awesome
    Years
    • Seen Jul 28, 2013
    You mean the sign part? If you go to the website on the bottom of the sign, you can make your own sign that tells people their info. It's actually pretty funny.

Edit: Why are all the emblem people so strong? I mean, first there was Bruno with a level 90 Machamp, but then Agatha has a level 91 Umbreon! Are we supposed to fight her?

Last edited:

trebornosliw

Learning
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2012
    No, Agatha gives you the emblem for catching that Scyther, it's not necessary to battle her. I just did that because I'm not a very nice person.
    Most of the Emblem holders won't battle you, they'll just give you a task to complete, while the Elite will battle you, but aren't necessary.

lizardman974

I'm honestly just that awesome
    Years
    • Seen Jul 28, 2013
    Oh. Also, does Glaceo (or whatever his name is) give you an emblem that lets you use Cut? Because I looked everywhere in Arbor Woods and can't find the Old Amber, but there's one area that's blocked off by a tree that's cuttable.

trebornosliw

Learning
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2012
    You can get to the Old Amber without Cut, it's just hard to find the right path.
    After you find the Amber, that's the end of the beta. I'm letting you know because I forgot to put up a barrier, so you can technically keep going, but you'll be back on a generic FR route. So, the only thing left for you to do in this release is beat the trainers in Theophilus Gardens if you haven't already.

Years
    This hack looks very good, keep it up! I especially like the Gardevoir part, it's kinda like he/she's a guru :P
    And the screenshots are verry nice!

Years
    So I've taken a look at the fanfic thread and it looks really interesting, and definitely something that would catch my attention...downloading the beta now. Here's hoping the beta's just as good!

trebornosliw

Learning
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2012
    Awesome, thanks. I only wish I could fit everything from the fanfic in here, but alas, scripting will only get me so far, and gives me no Sneasel-kicking mechanism. Hope you enjoy the hack thus far!
    The next beta will feature a new tileset by Giradialkia, a new fakemon by Pokeyomom, a major split-in-the-road decision that has been described as basically turning the hack into two different games, and various other products of too much time and not enough of a life on my part.
    It should be noted that since there well be new outdoor tiles in the next release, you should save your game in Beta 1 inside a building, otherwise it will glitch up when you load your save.

trebornosliw

Learning
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2012
    Update time! Erm, turns out it won't glitch after all, so don't worry about saving outside. If you're saved outdoors, the tiles will look as they used to until you go indoors then come back out, then they'll be displayed in all of their glory. Giradialkia's outdone himself, the tiles look great, IMHO. He even managed to fix the glitch in the starting map where the borders went all multicolored, so that's out of the way.
    With those inserted, it's back to work. I'm currently inserting some very special scripts; it'll be fun to see how they turn out, and what you all think of them when they're done.

r0bert

Quitifyingly awesome.
    Years
    Thebornosliw this hack is great,
    the storyline awesome: You creeped me out with that journal>.>
    But i found a minor bug;on brunos island after the first task
    when you go back in the cave, you cant go back

EDIT:You can get out ; but you have to die

Last edited:

r0bert

Quitifyingly awesome.
    Years
    Awesome, thanks. I only wish I could fit everything from the fanfic in here, but alas, scripting will only get me so far, and gives me no Sneasel-kicking mechanism. Hope you enjoy the hack thus far!
    The next beta will feature a new tileset by Giradialkia, a new fakemon by Pokeyomom, a major split-in-the-road decision that has been described as basically turning the hack into two different games, and various other products of too much time and not enough of a life on my part.
    It should be noted that since there well be new outdoor tiles in the next release, you should save your game in Beta 1 inside a building, otherwise it will glitch up when you load your save

Please,for the love of god do NOT use fakemon Reason; most games with
    fakemon are bad like pokemon marble , but 5th gen pokemon would be nice i have the sprites i'll post them later

qaz015393

pokemon revenge developer
    Years
    • Seen May 13, 2024
    i cant sl from 4shares. its would load properly so can somee1 make some mirrors if u can 4 the people how cant dl from 4shares.

r0bert

Quitifyingly awesome.
    Years
    Sprites

As promised: the white one is reshiram the black one zekrom they are dragon/elestric type

Hidden Ties

Hidden Ties

trebornosliw

Learning
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2012
    Thebornosliw this hack is great,
    the storyline awesome: You creeped me out with that journal>.>
    But i found a minor bug;on brunos island after the first task
    when you go back in the cave, you cant go back

EDIT:You can get out ; but you have to die
    Weird, which cave is this? The training ground?
    And sorry, the Fakemon are set. Plus, I really detest the idea of inserting 5gen Pokemon when I have no clue what they can do. Appreciate the advice though.
    And I'll upload to Megaupload tomorrow as well, so you can download from that mirror.

r0bert

Quitifyingly awesome.
    Years
    Oh...

Weird, which cave is this? The training ground?
    And sorry, the Fakemon are set. Plus, I really detest the idea of inserting 5gen Pokemon when I have no clue what they can do. Appreciate the advice though.
    And I'll upload to Megaupload tomorrow as well, so you can download from that mirror.

first; yes the cave before training ground
    second; your game so do what you want
    third;well see them as yin yang, good evil they have speedboost as ability

and you should make the beta a tad more difficult reason; i ended up with lv30 weavile lv 28 lucario and a lvl 32 nidoking

Last edited:

trebornosliw

Learning
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2012
    Thanks for the bug report, the cave is now fixed (it was a tile error).
    I'm still going to leave 5gen be for now, but I really do appreciate the advice. Those two wouldn't really fit into the plotline at present.
    Lol, and I've never heard someone say it actually needs to be harder, wow. I think what I'll do is slow down Sneasel and Riolu's leveling rate somewhat, and raise the level at which they evolve. Lucario and Weavile are two of the strongest Pokemon in the game, so I should probably make it a little more tricky to raise them.
    qaz, here's your megaupload link. I'm not a member, so this will last only as long as people keep downloading it: https://www.megaupload.com/?d=CPT6G0FA

r0bert

Quitifyingly awesome.
    Years
    ok

Okay as i said before your game
    But if you want to use the sprites for anything else, use them

Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2021
    For some reason I'm still against new tiles. D:
    I'm sure they look great but FR tiles are fine in my opinion,
    and I like most hacks that use them. :D

But, it's your hack.

trebornosliw

Learning
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2012
    Yeah, I know what you mean, but I do like what Giradialkia's done, his tiles are really nice. I'll post pics with Beta 2 for your comments.
    My favorite part is that he's made vine and climbing wall tiles, so instead of that crude rope and the glitched-looking rock faces that I used for Hidden Grove and Bruno's training ground, respectively, I've now got some really nice custom tiles. Also, there are two areas in the game that will need custom tiles, so to that end at least some insertion is necessary.
    Anyway, normally I'm good with Firered, but it's nice to have a change, I think, and the color tones in Giradialkia's tiles fit the Hidden Ties mood a lot better, IMHO.

r0bert

Quitifyingly awesome.
    Years
    bug

thebornosliw i've noticed another slight bug
    riolus backsprite has a white spot in the neck

Last edited:

trebornosliw

Learning
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2012
    Mkay, I'll list that under Bugs, then, though it's kind of minor, so it might not get fixed for awhile.
    Thanks for letting me know!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back