• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Hidden Ties

What do you think of the storyline?

• Epic! One of the best I've seen!

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Great, it's looking pretty good!

Votes: 10 50.0%
  • Mediocre, could definitely be better.

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • An embarrassment to hackers everywhere.

Votes: 2 10.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

NiKaNoRoU

we are but particles
    Years
    About updates:
    Spoiler:

Still, I'm so happy that you're still working on that. Did you finally get a proper Hero sprite sheet? I'd be up for it if you want, after my vacation (August). Oh well.

trebornosliw

Learning
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2012
    If you could knock out the hero sprites, that'd be great, do you still have the appearance request I sent you?
    Someone needs to explain to me what that cat picture means, lol.

NiKaNoRoU

we are but particles
    Years
    If you could knock out the hero sprites, that'd be great, do you still have the appearance request I sent you?
    Someone needs to explain to me what that cat picture means, lol.
    No, I don't have it. Please resend, and if time is an option then I can do them when I get back.

Spoiler:

trebornosliw

Learning
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2012
    Ugh, this looks to n00bish. :(
    You need to improve on some of your scripting, because I can't see any scripts in there. :(
    Hm, and may I ask exactly how far into the game you played?
    That really makes no sense, because if you didn't see any scripts at all, you managed to somehow wipe out every event from Hallowed Grove on... Or perhaps this is a theatrical exaggeration...?
    Btw, I owe Giradialkia a thank-you for telling me what that cat picture meant. I was going a little paranoid for a while there.

trebornosliw

Learning
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2012
    Mkay, so I've removed the maps section of the intro post completely, since all of the maps are now outdated and I don't feel like uploading them. I am, however, going to give you all a look at Hallowed Grove so you can see what Giradialkia's new tileset looks like. Feedback is, as always, appreciated (it should be noted that this tileset may not last long, Giradialkia is going to make some edits to the trees and a few other tiles).
    Spoiler:

trebornosliw

Learning
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2012
    @r0bert: Good point, I'll fix that.

@ares10: The same as...? But no, not if you're talking about the official games. You can play through the beta and find out for yourself.

trebornosliw

Learning
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2012
    Or eye candy. I occasionally throw them in for scenery, just to annoy people. I've got two new grass tiles from Erika's gym now, thanks to Giradialkia's palette editing when he inserted those tiles, so I'll try those out.

r0bert

Quitifyingly awesome.
    Years
    Questions

do you already have an idea for the titlescreen
    and oak in the intro should be changed to gardevoir

trebornosliw

Learning
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2012
    1. Yes
    2. I'm ignoring the intro for the time being. I may go back and edit that later, but not just now.

trebornosliw

Learning
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2012
    Okay, been getting lots of work done. I'm currently chipping away at an extremely script-intensive segment, so be patient. Trust me, it'll be worth it.
    In the meantime, I've cleared up a few anomalies with the help of Advance Text, awesome tool. For instance, no more Mom script:
    Hidden Ties

More to come.

Years
    Why is the Chansey talking in human language?
    I thought that only special Legendary Pokemon and Team Rocket's Meowth can talk in human language?

Can somebody tell me what's going on?

Lol, I'm referring back to my post in DarkViolet's thread, which was also directed at you.
    The Anime and games are not canon, either, therefore mentioning Team Rocket's Meowth is rather pointless.
    Playing the beta, or even just reading the first post, would help with this- the Player was brought up by Pokemon in a place called Hallowed Grove. Therefore, the Player can understand what Pokemon say. The story is actually really good, along with the scripting. I recommend playing the beta, I enjoyed it :P

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back