• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Hiyappu, Baoppu & Yanappu Discussion (new water/fire type monkey)

Planetes.

@n_diiv
Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    I really hope it doesn't evolve... since to me, it's just Aipom all over again - just this time without an evolution. Same for Hihidaruma.
    Hiyappu, Baoppu & Yanappu Discussion (new water/fire type monkey)
    Err.. Hihidaruma evolves from^

also I'm hoping for Yanappu to evolve into Grass/Fighting, but Acrobat seems to point to Grass/Flying, which would also be cool considering its not a bird XD

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I mean Hihidaruma evolving INTO something. Wasn't that confirmed fake anyway? /can't keep track of what's real and what isn't.

Aaand flying seems unlikely, to me at least. Grass/normal I'm betting on.

MistahDude

Primate Pokemon Master
    Years
  • I mean Hihidaruma evolving INTO something. Wasn't that confirmed fake anyway? /can't keep track of what's real and what isn't.

Aaand flying seems unlikely, to me at least. Grass/normal I'm betting on.

The picture above you is fake but Darumakka is actually real.

Surmonter

Hear No Evil
    Years
  • Hiyappu, Baoppu & Yanappu Discussion (new water/fire type monkey)
    Err.. Hihidaruma evolves from^

also I'm hoping for Yanappu to evolve into Grass/Fighting, but Acrobat seems to point to Grass/Flying, which would also be cool considering its not a bird XD

What does acrobats have to do with an actually flying? Nothing.

In fact, it's people that do acrobatics in real life and do we fly? No. We just jump really far, can have really great balance, and are very versatile. Hence, acrobatics.

Acrobatics =/= flying

Planetes.

@n_diiv
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    @mistadude I know its fake but I couldn't find a picture of Darumakka anywhere else
    @Surmonter One of its moves, possibly its signature move is Acrobat, which is CONFIRMED to be a flying type move.

Surmonter

Hear No Evil
    Years
  • @mistadude I know its fake but I couldn't find a picture of Darumakka anywhere else
    @Surmonter One of its moves, possibly its signature move is Acrobat, which is CONFIRMED to be a flying type move.

1. No it hasn't. Serebii and every other site lists it as "??" because the type is unknown. It being a flying type is rumor.
    2. That wasn't what I was even trying to say. I wasn't saying Acrobat wasn't a flying type move. I would actually be surprised if it was Flying. I was saying it wont be a Grass/Flying type when/if it evolves.

Ponyta knows Bounce. Rapidash isn't a Flying type.

Years
  • it looks very unoriginal, like a cross between chimchar and turtwig/torterra, no? ... not saying I instantly don't like it, but...

Surmonter

Hear No Evil
    Years
  • it looks very unoriginal, like a cross between chimchar and turtwig/torterra, no? ... not saying I instantly don't like it, but...

The only thing it has in common with Chimchar is that it's a monkey. So you might as well say it also looks like (insert all the other monkey Pokemon.) The only thing it has in common with Turtwig is something related to plants on it's body, which most grass types do. :/

MistahDude

Primate Pokemon Master
    Years
  • 1. No it hasn't. Serebii and every other site lists it as "??" because the type is unknown. It being a flying type is rumor.
    2. That wasn't what I was even trying to say. I wasn't saying Acrobat wasn't a flying type move. I would actually be surprised if it was Flying. I was saying it wont be a Grass/Flying type when/if it evolves.

Ponyta knows Bounce. Rapidash isn't a Flying type.

Acrobat could be:
    - Flying
    - Poison
    - Bug
    - Fire
    - Ice

It makes more sense for Acrobat to be Flying.

Years
  • I don't know if somebody thought about it already... I wonder about the evo of it. What kind of vegetable will it be after evo if he would have one ofc.

MistahDude

Primate Pokemon Master
    Years
  • The only thing it has in common with Chimchar is that it's a monkey. So you might as well say it also looks like (insert all the other monkey Pokemon.) The only thing it has in common with Turtwig is something related to plants on it's body, which most grass types do. :/

Do i really need to keep bringing this up? Chimchar isn't a monkey.

Surmonter

Hear No Evil
    Years
  • Do i really need to keep bringing this up? Chimchar isn't a monkey.

More reason why it's not a Chimchar knock-off. :3

Acrobat could be:
    - Flying
    - Poison
    - Bug
    - Fire
    - Ice

I don't get what you're trying to say? I said that Acrobat could be flying, and it makes sense for it to be. But it could be something else.

Are you just agreeing with me and adding more detail? :/

The Red Chain

- Flying
    - Poison
    - Bug
    - Fire
    - Ice

It could be Fighting or Normal too.
    But Flying makes more sense since Yanappu is flinging itself into the air and across the field to attack.
    Then again, great physical exertion = Fighting. /shrug

Surmonter

Hear No Evil
    Years
  • It could be Fighting or Normal too.
    But Flying makes more sense since Yanappu is flinging itself into the air and across the field to attack.
    Then again, great physical exertion = Fighting. /shrug

Actually, the reason it can only be Flying, Ice, Bug, Poison, or Fire is because it was used against Tsutaja in a battle and was Super-effective.

Out of those, it's safe to assume it's Flying.

The Red Chain

Actually, the reason it can only be Flying, Ice, Bug, Poison, or Fire is because it was used against Tsutaja in a battle and was Super-effective.

Out of those, it's safe to assume it's Flying.

Oh right, good call. I was wondering why the types were so awkward in the list... /didn't see the Acrobat video yet

You guys have sharp eyes. ;D

Back