• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Hoenn/Kanto Journey Journal - Want to share your travelling stories?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Two months ago I ordered GBA SP with Leaf Green, to this day I didn't even got to sixth gym. Time is really harsh for me it seems. Got a pretty solid team of Butterfree, Nidoqueen, Venusaur, Ninetales and Magneton at early 40's.

The Doctor

What!?
    Years
  • Spoiler:

^Large Image of my final LG team

I just completed Leaf Green.

SEE THAT SHINY FEAROW. YUP IT'S LEGIT.

I was running around near Vermillion looking for a Drowzee ( which you can see there later in his evolved form ) and a SHINY SPEAROW POPPED OUT. It's my first shiny from that game, I was so pleased. I also had a Sandslash but Sandslash is useless in the Elite 4, Moltres was much more useful.

Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2022
    Doctor: I have only ever seen a wild shiny in Emerald. Nice find!

Passenger: So did you just get bored with the game? Or are you still playing it?

Years
  • Doctor: I have only ever seen a wild shiny in Emerald. Nice find!

Passenger: So did you just get bored with the game? Or are you still playing it?

I can't say i got bored with this game. I can't find motivation and enough time to make an actual progress.

Years
    • Seen Apr 30, 2021
    I'm not playing, but my little sisters are playing through my copy of FireRed and my brother's copy of LeafGreen. They know little-to-nothing about how Pokemon works, but it's interesting seeing them play through it. Currently, they're on their way to Lavender Town, and they both possess a starter that is severely over-leveled alongside a team of Lv 10~15.

Puddle

Mission Complete✔
    Years
  • I am currently doing a Pidgey line Solo Run on Fire Red. I'm about to beat Lt. Surge. I just need to hit 2 consecutive quick attacks and it should be smooth sailing from there.

My normal team however is this:
    1) Charizard
    2) Nidoking
    3) Vaporeon
    4) Pidgeot
    5) Dragonite
    6) Raichu

It's a pretty solid team.

Years
  • Rock tunnel... *shudder*

I've almost finished catching every safari pokemon, but Kangaskhan has been an absolute nightmare this go 'round. 20+ safari balls and only one has even shaken three times. Rocks always make her flee too. Afterwards it's on to Koga!

This is going to be such a pain. I only stopped by to get Rhyhorn and Psyduck. Even Exegcute feld lol. Cant wait to get all the Pokemon. I can already see how much Chansey will have fun annoying me. :D
    Gl with Kangaskhan. :D

The doctor, gj on shinies. I still yet have to encounter one. I've never seen one(or at least I havent noticed one), hopefully I will soon :D

I am currently doing a Pidgey line Solo Run on Fire Red. I'm about to beat Lt. Surge. I just need to hit 2 consecutive quick attacks and it should be smooth sailing from there.

My normal team however is this:
    1) Charizard
    2) Nidoking
    3) Vaporeon
    4) Pidgeot
    5) Dragonite
    6) Raichu

It's a pretty solid team.

I like it.

Just hope Static doesn't rear it's ugly head....

My Jolteon made of electric spikes got Paralyzed from touching a Voltorb. Logic.

Lihtal

Castle Guard
    Years
  • To this day i still play Fire Red, actually every Sunday a friend of mine who lives far away usually visits me this day and we like to play video games, so our last idea was to play side by side Pokemon Fire Red (Me) and Leaf Green (My Friend) with to see at the end who finishes first, who grows the best team (Including hilarious nicknames to our pokemans) and utterly decided who is a better trainer in a link battle. We are currently after the third gym, currently he is ahead of me, but overall i have the better balanced team.

Its pretty fun how you can find different ways to play this game, bring entertainment and overall have fun with friends.

(I´ll attach pictures of our progress tonight)

khaozz

Peace sells, but who's buying?
    Years
    • Seen Nov 26, 2018
    I finally caught the Nidoran-F I spent days looking for. Her Nature is Mild, which isn't bad. After a little bit of grinding, both my Nidoran and Charmander evolved.

My current team:

Isabella the Nidorina Lv. 17
    Nikola the Pikachu Lv.16
    Charles the Charmeleon Lv. 16

Now it's on to Mt. Zubat Moon to get a Moon Stone for my soon to be Nidoqueen.

Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2022
    Khoazz: Glad to hear it! It's always a great feeling when you finally get that elusive catch. Also, the Mt. Zubat thing made me literally laugh out loud.

Lihtal: That sounds pretty cool. I tried getting a couple of guys at the hobby shop I go to to do something like that a while back, but we hardly ever show up on the same days anymore.

Sven: Good luck to you too! I honestly hope Chansey is more cooperative for you than Kanga has been for me, haha! I'm beginning to think I'll just have to complete the gym challenge and come back to it later. The stubborn side of me REALLY wants to finish the safari zone in one trip though...

Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2022
    FINALLY! Managed to hit Kanga with a rock without her fleeing, and the next safari ball caught her!

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2015
    I will be playing in a couple of weeks when my GBA charger arrives in the mail! I also know someone who owns a GBA too who has a trading cord thing so that's something to look forward to. Will be back when I start! :P

Years
  • Let us know how you're progressing.

Also, guys, we should compete who will catch a Chansey first, and post a picture. (there are dozens of race competitions we could do tho).

I have beaten Giovanni, and Psyduck is finally being useful. Meowth is lucky he's cute and has Pickup and PayDay, seriously.
    I wish I had one empty slot, for lapras :L

Years
  • Lol, well, I cant enter right now, I still have to get there again. I haven't battled those bikers on the cycling road and it will take me some time to do that. xD

Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2022
    View attachment 71761

Ok, so after having horrible luck with Kangaskhan, Chansey was ridiculously cooperative. Literally the first Chansey I saw this visit, and I didn't throw any rocks or bait.

I apologize for the photo being sideways. I took it with my phone upright and in my pictures the thumbnail appears to be correct. I'm not sure exactly how to fix it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back