• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Hoenn/Kanto Journey Journal - Want to share your travelling stories?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Apollo

怖がらないで
Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2017
    It's probably too late for me now, but I'll just post it anyway. :p

On my Android phone, I'm currently playing through FR and getting through Victory Road at the moment. My current team consists of Blastoise, Flareon, Clefable, Pidgeot, Rhydon and Vileplume. I'm not even halfway through yet, because I needed to go back to the PC and get my Strength slave. I got a bit lazy, and it would miss a big grinding opportunity for the Pokemon that will be replaced so I just taught Strength to Clefable. It's actually a decent move + stab.

I saved outside Victory Road. This is actually the first FRLG playthrough I'm going to play including Sevii Islands, so I'm kinda hyped. :)

encas

Don't tread on me.
    Years
  • Since my last post, I've made considerable progress in Emerald. I now have three badges, but getting them was more of a hassle than I seem to remember. In fact, the only gym leader I didn't have much trouble with was Brawly, and that was probably due to my then-Taillow, Waka.

Even though I picked Treecko, I had difficulty defeating Roxanne's Nosepass because Zach's Absorb was too weak to deal much damage to it. Thankfully, I wised up and taught him Bullet Seed, which made things easier. And don't get me started on Wattson - his Magneton gave me such a headache because of my specific team members. Zach may have resisted Shock Wave, but all of his attacks weren't very effective against the part-Steel type. As a Flying-type, Waka was not too helpful against that gym (although her Quick Attacks did help bring down Electrike, I believe). In the end, I resorted to teaching my Gulpin, Lexie, Rock Smash, which eventually fainted Magneton.

Currently, I am fighting a Hiker on Route 114. I need another party member or two...my squad feels a bit overleveled.

Party members:

Zach the Grovyle (Hasty male, Lv. 27)
    Lexie the Gulpin (Careful female, Lv. 26)
    Waka the Swellow (Jolly female, Lv. 26)

khaozz

Peace sells, but who's buying?
    Years
    • Seen Nov 26, 2018
    I took a break from FireRed, but I'm playing again. I just defeated the Team Rocket grunts at the top floor of Pokémon Tower and received the Poké Flute. I'm attempting to catch Snorlax now.

My current team if anyone's curious:

Nikola the Raichu Lv34
    Isabella the Nidoqueen Lv33
    Charles the Charmeleon Lv34
    Chelsea the Vaporeon Lv32
    Rafflesia the Vileplume LV32

Years
  • Nice team! Here is mine.

Shyther (AKA the Swipe-sweeper and one of my faves) lvl 94 (about to be 100 :D)

Rhydon (AKA the Pure Strength) lvl 64+ (Daycare+Viridian gym+stuck DS arrow button=much level up)

Jolteon (AKA the Elite Four destroyer) lvl 54

Charizard (AKA The Flamethrower tyvm) lvl 51 (I think)

Golduck (AKA the Diving Surfer on Waterfall AKA almost HM slave) lvl 54 (or so)

Meowth
    (AKA Lucky it's cute-cool or else it wouldn't be in my team) lvl 32 (gonna be in Daycare)

:D

khaozz

Peace sells, but who's buying?
    Years
    • Seen Nov 26, 2018
    After multiple attempts, I finally caught the Snorlax. I decided to name him Eric (both a reference to Eric Cartman from South Park and a shortened version of AmERICa).

I also reached Fuchsia City and managed to get a Venomoth, Tauros, and Chansey at the Safari Zone. Time to earn me a Soul Badge!

Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2014
    Starting a new FireRed run.

Current Roster

Hoenn/Kanto Journey Journal - Want to share your travelling stories?

Kratos

Lelantos

Menoetius

Aura

The Beginning.

Spoiler:

The Quest For The Boulder Badge.

Spoiler:

Team Rocket, Mt Moon, and Fairy.

Spoiler:

Last edited:

SaniOKh

Too old for this stuff
    Years
  • I recently started replaying all my Gen 3 games. I finished Ruby and FireRed, now I'm playing Sapphire, and LeafGreen and Emerald are next.

I did some trading between versions so I could have a complete team from the start on each cart. My FireRed team was as follows: Charizard, Raichu, Exeggutor, Dewgong, Rhydon and Gengar.
    My LeafGreen team, once fully evolved, will be: Venusaur, Lapras, Magneton, Nidoking, Alakazam and Aerodactyl; however I'm not too sure about having two poison-types on my team, so Nidoking will probably get a boot. I could have used some better Pokémon, but FR/LG have tht stupid restriction on the species you can use before finishing the game :( .

And when it comes to the Pokédex, for once I won't need to do anything to fill it: I have a living Dex in Pokémon Box from the last time I replayed Gen 3, so I just need to catch the first 100 in every game, and then transfer the rest from there.

Years
  • Alright, so I am close to finishing the game, sort of. I've seen every Kanto Pokemon except for Omastar and Magmar who cant be seen in Firered, and Legends (Mewtwo,Articuno,Moltres,Zapdos) whom I dont want to catch in case I ever want to try shiny resetting with them. Plus, I want them to be freeee.
    Anyway, I caught every Pokemon (Kanto) possible, except for legendaries, exclusives and the ones that evolve by trading. Also got Scyther to level 100 ^^
    The only thing left to do is evolving Dratini who is in Day care right now and Dragonite should arrive today, and getting Rhydon to level 100 (81 currently).
    I will leave trading, Johto Pokemon, Suicune and other stuff for some other day.
    230+ hours (50 of it being really played, the rest were automatic movement for the matter of daycare evolving).

Rayquaza2016

Hardcore Hydreigon Fan
    Years
  • Pokemon Sapphire
    Beat my own Dad and this weird Wally's Dad guy gives me the HM for Surf. And my slave learns it. Then I capture a Numel and proceed to the Mimic Circle, meeting Gabby and TY along the way.

Pokemon LeafGreen
    Beat lots of different trainers and caught a Nidoran(Female).

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 6, 2014
    Well I just defeated the Elite 4 and Green
    and now im going to catch the Legendary birds and Mewtwo
    what should I do next?

This is my team

1- Charizard
    LV 62
    Ability: Blaze
    -Flame Thrower
    -Fly