• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hoenn Region - i see dead pokemon

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    ]
    The Hoenn Region
    A Part of the Meta Journey
    Region Leader: adventure

LnHUkka.png

Welcome to the Hoenn Region, a vast tropical land filled to the brim with exotic locations and boundless oceans. and oceans, and some more oceans This beautiful region, created by the legendary pokémon, Groudon and Kyogre, is a treasure trove of fun and adventure just waiting for a young pokémon trainer such as yourself to explore its riches.

As a trainer, you'll journey across the region and see what it has to offer, encountering all 202 of the pokémon in the Hoenn poké-dex along the way. However, through a number of special events you'll be sure to find some foreign pokés, challenge the gym leaders of the pokémon league, and stand up against the nefarious Teams Aqua and Magma. There's even been some rumblings about the ancient legendaries, Groudon and Kyogre... Who knows the adventures that await you? Only you can find out.

If you're confused on the new Meta Journey system click here: Meta Hub, and learn more! :D

Things to Remember:

HOW DO I SIGN UP FOR HOENN?
    With any Meta Journey region, you go to the Meta Hub to sign up. Once your region leader has told you that you are accepted, you can see your name in the roster in the region thread - this thread! The Hub is situated in the Theatre (main forum) for easy access, but the region threads sit in the Roleplay Casting subforum. Basically, go sign up for Hoenn in Meta Hub thread, and then come back here to start collecting!​

HOW DO I COLLECT POKÉMON?
    We call this the "Meta Journey" for a reason. You won't be making any roleplaying posts in this thread directly. Rather, it is what you do in other threads that matters!

For each 2 IC posts you make in the Roleplay Stage, you may choose one pokémon from the current area in your region to add to your collection. Simply make a post in this thread, linking back to two IC posts you have made in real roleplays.
    You cannot use posts that were made before you joined the Meta Journey.

Note that every time "IC post" is mentioned in the Meta Journey, we require them to be over 100 words in length. Otherwise they're not worthy...

Also note that a joint post (JP) together with another player also counts - for all included players, as long as each of you wrote at least 100 words! Meaning, you can use a JP you participated in, as if it was your own post.
    You can also spend 6 Theatre posts, as these are equal in worth to 2 IC posts in the Journey. All Theatre threads count, except for ones with the Chit-chat prefix
    sT1BhCt.png
    Meaning, even posts in the Hub count! As long as they were made after you were accepted into a region, of course.

If there isn't a pokémon you want on the current route, you can just keep track privately of your accumulated posts and use them later​

AM I SUPPOSED TO POST "IN CHARACTER" IN THIS "META RP" ITSELF?
    Not in this thread, no. If there are events in the future, you might be able to use your Meta Journey character and pokémon team in special IC threads over in the Roleplay Stage subsection! Keep a lookout in the Meta Hub and in your region to see when the next event is open!​

List of Trainers:

Djobi Djoba
    Trainer name: n/a
    Trainer class: Team Aqua Grunt
    Trainer appearance:
    Spoiler:

Favorite pokémon type: Water
    Pokémon:

Earth Traveler
    Trainer name: Mike Taylor
    Trainer class: Boy Wonder
    Trainer appearance:
    Spoiler:

Favorite pokémon type: Electric
    Pokémon:

Elektra Heart
    Trainer name: Edna Sharp
    Trainer class: Elder
    Trainer appearance:
    Spoiler:

Favorite pokémon type: Fighting
    Pokémon:

Emakrul
    Trainer name: Ron
    Trainer class: Professor
    Trainer appearance:
    Spoiler:

Favorite pokémon type: Ice
    Pokémon:

Foxrally
    Trainer name: Donato the Blackbelt
    Favorite pokémon type:Fighting
    Pokémon:

GalileoPumpkins
    Trainer name: Tavish
    Trainer class: Treasure Hunter
    Trainer appearance:
    Spoiler:

Favorite pokémon type: Dark
    Pokémon:

Isa_theDT
    Trainer name: Annie
    Trainer class: Tamer
    Trainer appearance:
    Spoiler:

Favorite pokémon type: Dragon
    Pokémon:

Merlin
    Trainer name: Ninja Nick
    Trainer class: Ninja Boy
    Trainer appearance:
    Spoiler:

Pokémon:

Shak
    Trainer name: Marvin Freewoman
    Trainer class: Bearded Lady
    Trainer appearance:
    Spoiler:

Favorite pokémon type: Dragon
    Pokémon:

solivagant
    Trainer name: Weiss Schnee
    Trainer class: Queen
    Trainer appearance:
    Spoiler:

Favorite pokémon type: Ice
    Pokémon:

Supercell
    Trainer name: Joe
    Trainer class: Barman
    Trainer appearance:
    Spoiler:

Pokémon:

Varys
    Trainer name: Varys
    Trainer class: Confused Ace Trainer
    Trainer appearance:
    Spoiler:

Favorite pokémon type: Bug
    Pokémon:

Xannytoes
    Trainer name: Kid
    Trainer class: Cooltrainer
    Trainer appearance:
    Spoiler:

Favorite pokémon type: Steel
    Pokémon:

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=9381784#post9381784

Last edited by a moderator:

Ozymandias

i'm going on a journey
    Years
  • ]

tumblr_nzzpt5K2m71upemwio1_500.gif

Petalburg City
    estimated end date: April 10 April 13​

Petalburg City, the place "where people mingle with nature" is located in the southwest of the Hoenn Region. The main attraction to this rather quaint little city is the gym located at the very center of it. The normal type gym is overseen by its stoic and disciplined gym leader, Norman, who just so happens to be the father of the legendary pokemon trainer, May. Unfortunately you won't be getting the chance to challenge Norman just yet, as you have just started on your adventure, but who knows? Maybe you'll get to battle him one day. ;)
    Spoiler:

Pokémon found normally:
    (to capture these, make a post in this thread with links to 2 Stage posts or 6 Theatre posts)
    poochyena.gif
    zigzagoon.gif
    taillow.gif
    wingull.gif

Pokémon found extra - by anybody with Bug or Water as their favorite type / favor:
    surskit.gif

Last edited:

Ozymandias

i'm going on a journey
    Years
  • ]

bG7FRbB.jpg

Petalburg Woods
    estimated end date: May 4?​

The Petalburg Woods (Japanese: トウカの森 Tōka Woods), is a forest in Western Hoenn, lying at the center of Route 104. The dense woods are filled to the brim with wild pokemon, many of which are those creepy-crawly bugs types, but there is still quite the variety to encounter. Going through the north exit will lead you to Rustboro City, the home of the rock-type gym leader, Roxanne, while leaving through the southern entrance will take you to Petalburg City.

Spoiler:

Pokémon found normally:
    (to capture these, make a post in this thread with links to 2 Stage posts or 6 Theatre posts)
    wurmple.gif
    lotad.gif
    seedot.gif
    shroomish.gif
    volbeat.gif
    illumise.gif
    budew.gif
    slakoth.gif

Pokémon found extra - by anybody with Bug as their favorite type / favor:
    nincada.gif

Pokémon found extra - by anybody with Grass as their favorite type / favor:
    cottonee.gif

Last edited:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    oh my GOD there are too many pokémon here I want. Okay two weeks to capture 5 mons. Okay. I can do this.

IC posting COMMENCE!

Ozymandias

i'm going on a journey
    Years
  • ]

rustboro_city_by_liliyy-d5nxxsc.jpg

Rustboro City
    estimated end date: TBD​

Rustboro City (Japanese: カナズミシティ Kanazumi City) is a metropolis located in western Hoenn. It is the fourth largest city in Hoenn, after Mauville City, Lilycove City and Slateport City. Rustboro City has an unusual yet unique cityscape in the Hoenn region. The buildings' architectures are designed with stones, giving it an old-town feeling. Rustboro was expanded to accommodate its growing size with the help of the Cutter's Pokémon which cleared the trees. Among the many attractions in this quaint little city is the Pokemon Trainer school, The Devon Corporation headquartered in the northwest side of the city, and the rock-type gym with Roxanne serving as its Gym Leader.

Spoiler:

Pokémon found normally:
    whismur.gif
    skitty.gif
    makuhita.gif
    meditite.gif
    azurill.gif

Costs 3 IC posts / 8 Theatre posts!
    ralts.gif

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    omg that picture is adorable!

I want a ralts and a skitty and a whismur hnng, how will I ever manage that xD

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I'm gathering posts sooo slooowly. But getting there!

Back