• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Home is where the Challenges are

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
  • And I'm guessing we could update it ourselves since it's gonna be our own post? :)
    Or is there gonna be a main thread and Necrum will be in charge of all of the updates? >=]

myrrhman

Challenge God
    Years
  • And I'm guessing we could update it ourselves since it's gonna be our own post? :)
    Or is there gonna be a main thread and Necrum will be in charge of all of the updates? >=]

I'm pretty sure Necrum said he would just make a thread and everyone could have their own post to edit. If he was planning on being in charge and updating it himself.... I don't think that's gonna work.

Okay, I just need a good moment to gather up my personal challenge data and I'll get a thread up. I suggest anyone who wants to use the tracking thread start pulling together all your progression.

Oh god. This will take a while...

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
    Years
  • Yes you will be able to update your own post without issue. The idea is to have a place where you can show you challenges all in one place. I'll get it up in time for the New Year Challenge.

Years
  • So... I just failed my Pearl Nuzlocke. Horrible luck since I picked up the starter really (because yes, it played on what I lost on), coupled with some bad calls. And now, well, I don't know what I even wanna do.

I grabbed a randomizer so I'm tempted to start a randomized Emerald Wedlocke run, but at the same time, I don't wanna give up on Nuzlocking Pearl. I've almost completed a Fairy mono through X (doing some grinding before the Elite 4 right now), but I need something beside that. The prospect of a Ultimate challenge is tempting as well... but I don't know if I wanna get to that just yet.

In any case, I think I need help figuring out what I wanna do next >_<. Any ideas? D:

TEXg715

TEXg
    Years
  • I am stuck in the same kind of situation. I failed my nuzlocke of White after getting my hopes up (I tried to beat the E4 with just a Durant and a Darmanitan). I wanted to try the Ones that got away challenge, but the thread is already 2 months old, so it's dead...
    I don't feel like doing a monotype, since I don't have a type I particularly want to use and I'm discouraged from doing a nuzlocke again.

Years
  • I know the feeling; I don't really feel like doing a monotype either since my last challenges involved monos (Rock through Gold, and Fairy through X). I wouldn't say I'm discouraged, I mean failures happen. If anything, it's more like, "ugh I have to restart Pearl."

But yeah, my advice... don't let it discourage you! Even though, I agree, it still sucks to fail something.

Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Apr 6, 2018
    Ugh I am doing the DoB challenge and made a mistake and the challenge owner isn't active. Any one know when they will possibly be active again?

Years
  • I finally decided to restart Pearl - I'll run through Emerald later on, when I can document my challenge on video... but I need my desktop PC. In the meantime, I'm wondering about the Nuzlocke thread thing. Since I shouldn't double-post as per rules... do I need to re-sign up for the challenge? Should I just clear my original post instead? Or maybe leave it there, and start again in the same post?

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
    Years
  • Sorry for the lack of a challenge progress thread at this time. I caught a cold a few days ago and it kept me mostly bedridden. I'll have it up later today. In the meantime the Resolution Challenge is going live! Sorry it's not all gussied up yet, same deal really. I'll make it look nice later.

Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2016
    Which game should I Nuzlocke (Randomized)?

Hello! I'm going to do as custom "Omegalocke" for my YT channel. Which game should I do?
    I'm asking these questions:
    - Which game is the most fun to play?
    - Which game is the most challenging?
    - Which game would you most want to watch someone struggle through?
    - I'm only doing Platinum, HG/SS, Black, or White, so take that into account.
    Don't forget, I am randomizing, so the Pokemon normally found in the region don't matter.

Thanks for your replies! I look forward to starting it soon!

FSNW5yiFrXVXqv

Hoo boy. I'm back, everyone! How long has it been? I doubt anyone even remembers me, but this place still looks as warm as ever. I like the hall of fame thing, though it's a shame I never took note of my runs. Anyway, how've you all been doing?

On a side note, I plan to revive the Ranger's Challenge, but I'm not sure if anyone would even be interested...but I guess i'll give the topic another go for this year.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 25, 2023
    Hey I just wanted to run something by the people who frequent this area. I wanted to do a Nuzlocke with some of my friends and so using this list of Nuzlocke variants, I have come up with (what I think is) a decent combination of challenges that is semi-multiplayer. So from the list, I will be utilizing both the Gymlocke and Cagelocke variants. Gymlocke limits your party size to that of the next gym leader's, as well as level capping you to the next gym leader's strongest pokemon plus some arbitrary number of levels. Cagelocke has you face off against your friend after each badge with one Pokemon used in that previous gym battle like a cage match (since there's more than 2 of us, I'll randomly pair us up after each badge). Haven't decided if the winner of the cage match should get a chance to revive the winning Pokemon, or if the faint=dead rule should apply and the loser has to release.

The final ruleset will be:
    1. Can only catch first encounter (Duplicate clause). (obvious Nuzlocke rule)
    2. Faint=Dead. Blackout/Whiteout=Game Over. (obvious Nuzlocke rule)
    3. Nicknames for all Pokemon. (obvious Nuzlocke rule)
    4. Pokemon cannot be more than X(tbd) levels above the next gym leader's strongest. (Gymlocke)
    5. Party cannot have more Pokemon than gym leader during gym battles (maybe +1). (Gymlocke)
    6. After each gym battle we will randomly face someone else with 1 of our Pokemon that was used in the most recent gym battle. (Cagelocke)

So I guess my questions to you guys are:
    Does this sound fun to you?
    What rules would you suggest be added/removed?
    (For rule 4 and 5) How many levels above the gym leader + how big of a party do you think is challenging but fair to do?

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
    Years
  • Hey I just wanted to run something by the people who frequent this area. I wanted to do a Nuzlocke with some of my friends and so using this list of Nuzlocke variants, I have come up with (what I think is) a decent combination of challenges that is semi-multiplayer. So from the list, I will be utilizing both the Gymlocke and Cagelocke variants. Gymlocke limits your party size to that of the next gym leader's, as well as level capping you to the next gym leader's strongest pokemon plus some arbitrary number of levels. Cagelocke has you face off against your friend after each badge with one Pokemon used in that previous gym battle like a cage match (since there's more than 2 of us, I'll randomly pair us up after each badge). Haven't decided if the winner of the cage match should get a chance to revive the winning Pokemon, or if the faint=dead rule should apply and the loser has to release.

The final ruleset will be:
    1. Can only catch first encounter (Duplicate clause). (obvious Nuzlocke rule)
    2. Faint=Dead. Blackout/Whiteout=Game Over. (obvious Nuzlocke rule)
    3. Nicknames for all Pokemon. (obvious Nuzlocke rule)
    4. Pokemon cannot be more than X(tbd) levels above the next gym leader's strongest. (Gymlocke)
    5. Party cannot have more Pokemon than gym leader during gym battles (maybe +1). (Gymlocke)
    6. After each gym battle we will randomly face someone else with 1 of our Pokemon that was used in the most recent gym battle. (Cagelocke)

So I guess my questions to you guys are:
    Does this sound fun to you?
    What rules would you suggest be added/removed?
    (For rule 4 and 5) How many levels above the gym leader + how big of a party do you think is challenging but fair to do?
    I'm personally not a fan of Nuzlocke variants because I think they are repetitive and stagnate the creative factor. However, it looks like a solid list of rules and I can certainly think of a few people here that would probably enjoy the chance for a bit of competition.

Years
    • Seen Feb 20, 2024
    Does anyone want to do a soul link nuzlocke with me? I don't even know if this is the right place to post this hahaha

I don't even know what that is xD

But aaanyways... hai hai ^-^ your favourite challenger (who takes on 10 challenges at once and ends up doing none) is back <3 I missed you guys <3

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
    Years
  • Does anyone want to do a soul link nuzlocke with me? I don't even know if this is the right place to post this hahaha
    I would say ask in the Nuzlocke thread. Soul link doesn't break any rules of a regular Nuzlocke so it should fit in there.

Hi pair

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back