• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Homosexuality - Right or Wrong? [Mature Discussion]

Is it right or wrong?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
Years
  • I'm not gonna lie and say I don't mind it, because God knows if a good friend of mine suddenly told me he was gay and serious about it, I'll never really look at him the same. Not that I'd throw away a friendship over it, but the question "is he checking me out/" will always remain in the back of my mind. If the gay couple doesn't affect my life at all, then sure, rock on with gay marriage and stuff, but when it get's too close then I will feel a little uncomfortable.

Years
  • I'm not gonna lie and say I don't mind it, because God knows if a good friend of mine suddenly told me he was gay and serious about it, I'll never really look at him the same. Not that I'd throw away a friendship over it, but the question "is he checking me out/" will always remain in the back of my mind. If the gay couple doesn't affect my life at all, then sure, rock on with gay marriage and stuff, but when it get's too close then I will feel a little uncomfortable.
    I feel the exact same way.
    It's also awkward when you have to do a project paired up with a gay guy.
    It's just... too hard to describe, but I don't like it.
    The only gay person that I absolutely hate is the one at my school, because...
    Let's just go with, before you know he's gay, and you try and be nice, he barks at you.
    So yeah... But anyone else, do what you want, I don't care, as long as you don't start feeling attracted to me.

Tokin

:3
    Years
    • Seen Sep 19, 2009
    We do not come on anyone any more than a girl approaches a guy and vice versa, I for one, have no interest in anyone other than my couple, though I will admit that the extroverted type(stereotypical) will attempt to make such deliberate approaches, but so will "pimps" and the like, so it is not an excusive thing.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Replying to a few things that stood out to me for both positive and negative reasons. I'll assume that from these replies, you'll know my standings on this.

Its been proven that 4/5 people go through a homosexual period, so theres nothing wrong with it.

This is true. I've gone through this so much. Ask anyone of my friends who I talk to online and all of them will say "I have no idea what sexuality Nick is." I assure you of that. And really, there's nothing I, or anyone, can do about it. People, like Luke, are being forced by their parents to go to gender counselors as if their parents believe that they can really decide who they are physically attracted to. That's probably the dumbest occupation I can think of. Most of the people who go through that only get put down by the people trying to "help" them and end up losing confidence in themselves.

With that said:

Nick says:
    *The first reply to that first quote is so true. <3
    Jeff says:
    *It is :|

I'm fine with homosexuality, but at some points it bothers me; espeically at schools. This guys are homosexual, but they walk and talk like a girl. Seriously? I can understand homosexuality - Everyone has those thoughts once in awhile.

To me it's just weird. Everyone knows your gay, everyones fine with it, but why do you want to walk and act like a girl. Thats when people start to get mad.

Sorry, but thats just my opinion - Sorry if I was offensive to anyone in particular.

That's called metro(sexuality). It's when someone chemically has more traits from their mother in their hereditary than their father. It's nothing someone can control and many straight people have this as well. It has nothing to do with who someone likes. Therefore, has no personal standards.

No problem with it. Bu8t where i am making fun of it is cool so i just do so to seem cool. Otherwise i find em cool. As long as they dont hit on me i am fine. I mean i prefer girls and all.

Who are you trying to seem cool to? I assure you, if you're trying to impress the ladies, you're strongly mistaken. The only people you'll seem cool towards are homophobic males. Girls will look at you disgusted. But if you want to go against your beliefs and then say it's ok to do that to them as long as they don't hit you, you're setting the wrong moral standards for yourself and for that I pity you.

Finally, it's not for me to decide what's right or wrong in society.
    It isn't society's place to decide what's right or wrong in individuals.
    It's an individual's responsibility to determine what's right or wrong for themselves.
    Everyone but the individual has no say in what goes on in their life.

Last edited by a moderator:

Yamikarasu

Wannabe Hasbeen
    Years
  • I don't actually have any close friends that are gay, but I do have a few friends whom I suspect might actually be gay. It's just a suspicion on my part however, and of course I don't think any less of them for it.

I'm perfectly fine with it myself. I hope to be a part of the gay rights movement someday. Living in Utah, (there are a lot of Mormons who supported Prop 8) I would think I'll have plenty of opportunities.

Capt. Couch

Wake me... When you need me...
    Years
  • Homosexuality is perfectly fine. I don't mind being around gay people at all. It does not matter if you are gay, straight, bisexual, asexual or pomosexual. We are all human beings.

Homophobes simply disappoint me... They really do... While they usually spout a Biblical phrase against gays and lesbians, they fail to realize that the six or so verses out of 31,000 in the Bible which (hardly) imply a same-sex relationship don't even truly say "Homosexuality is a sin." I don't mean to say that all homophobes are religious, but when the numbers are boiled down, most homophobes are fundamental Christians.

Homophobia is gay. :P

kingofjokers

This is not a custom title!!!!
    Years
  • if they love they love im fine with it just keep it out of the public please sometimes it just sick to see maby in some states and not in others will work fine but overall im fine with it as long as it dosnt involve me

Wish

No spoils for the meek.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2018
    Woo...Gay search ads. XD

I'm fine with anyone being homosexual. Having many friends who are homosexual, even my best friend in matter of fact, makes you realize that they are normal people as much as straight people are. Religion, in my opinion, cannot stop the way humans are formed and born. I am a devoted Catholic and I have done many things that guys are not supposed to do together. Even if I turn out straight in the future myself (When you're a teenager, you cannot really tell due to hormones) that won't change opinions about homosexuals.

Trap-Eds

Dig a hole, dig a hole........
    Years
  • And yet bible bashers take to the streets and protest it every day....One of the many reasons why I hate religion >.<

All those religious people can say what they want. I refuse to believe the Bible says that gays cannot marry, being gay is a sin, etc. etc. It's just not right, especially when they say that "God loves everybody for who they are" or something. XP

"Its legal for two straight people who hate each other to get married, but two gay people who truly love each other can't"

Oh man, that is so ironically true. xD

I'm not gonna lie and say I don't mind it, because God knows if a good friend of mine suddenly told me he was gay and serious about it, I'll never really look at him the same. Not that I'd throw away a friendship over it, but the question "is he checking me out/" will always remain in the back of my mind. If the gay couple doesn't affect my life at all, then sure, rock on with gay marriage and stuff, but when it get's too close then I will feel a little uncomfortable.

Yeah, I would feel/think the same way.

Akio123

Sadness forever...
    Years
  • People, I believe anyone, just need to figure out this is not some choice. If it were that means we were all born bisexual and made a life decision on our sexuality.

Zelos

*yawn*
    Years
  • What I've always wondered is... are people really born this way? For those that say God created them 'gay' or 'lesbian,' it says in the Bible that homosexuals won't inherit the kingdom of God. So... would God create you so you would never reach him eternally? [If that's what you believe?]

I think that as you grow and mature, homosexuality is something you choose. Sure, you can start to have these feelings as a kid or a teen... but that doesn't mean you have to pursue them.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    I think that as you grow and mature, homosexuality is something you choose. Sure, you can start to have these feelings as a kid or a teen... but that doesn't mean you have to pursue them.

It does mean, however, you can't control who you have these feelings for. You can't make yourself like something that you aren't interested in. That's just the way it is. In elaboration, I'm a Christian, however, I don't believe that God has any control over what your DNA includes in it's strands. Nobody does. It's basically what you inherit and how they are arranged that, in my opinion, controls what sexuality you are just like it controls everything else, both physically and chemically, in your body.

Years
  • if they love they love im fine with it just keep it out of the public please sometimes it just sick to see maby in some states and not in others will work fine but overall im fine with it as long as it dosnt involve me

Its no different than a man and a woman in public. Its two people who love each other. If you don't like it, don't watch. How would you feel if you were hugging and/or kissing, or holding hands with the person you loved, and someone made a disgusted face at you and asked you to keep it out of the public, while everyone else continued to show their love and affection? People fail to realize just how much the gay community is shunned, even today. Its unfair, as are many things. They're being stripped of some basic human rights and its a crying damn shame.

Akio123

Sadness forever...
    Years
  • I think that as you grow and mature, homosexuality is something you choose. Sure, you can start to have these feelings as a kid or a teen... but that doesn't mean you have to pursue them.
    You can't really help who your attracted to. What you are telling people to do (no offense) sounds like they should never truly find love (romantic love anyway). Sure you can pursue someone of the opposite gender, but what if you really only care for them as a person? I mean you may not really be attracted to them and trying to deny something.

Zelos

*yawn*
    Years
  • It does mean, however, you can't control who you have these feelings for. You can't make yourself like something that you aren't interested in. That's just the way it is. In elaboration, I'm a Christian, however, I don't believe that God has any control over what your DNA includes in it's strands. Nobody does. It's basically what you inherit and how they are arranged that, in my opinion, controls what sexuality you are just like it controls everything else, both physically and chemically, in your body.

So... you're saying God doesn't have ultimate control over everything? [Sorry, not trying to start a religious debate, just pointing out something.]

I'm a Christian, too. God created people in His image, and naturally... that does not include homosexuality. Otherwise, they would never be able to reach His kingdom.

But as kids grow, as they're affected by day-to-day culture and influence, they begin to make their own decisions. God can start you out on the 'right' path, so to speak... but ultimately, it's a person decision they have to make for themselves.

Callandor

ughhh....
    Years
  • I think that alot of people will say it's fine on this thread because they know It's the answer everybody knows is right. Whever they themselves think It's right or not, well thats another story.

I can promess you that what I say here is exatly what I think. I just don't like being doubted. Anyway, I am prefictly ok some guy likes other guys. The only time I have a problem is when they have homosexual feelings towards me. Other then that, do what ever you want.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    I say nothing is wrong with it...it is just how you feel about something, and like akio said earlier there is no choice, u're basically born with it.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    So... you're saying God doesn't have ultimate control over everything? [Sorry, not trying to start a religious debate, just pointing out something.]

I'm a Christian, too. God created people in His image, and naturally... that does not include homosexuality. Otherwise, they would never be able to reach His kingdom.

But as kids grow, as they're affected by day-to-day culture and influence, they begin to make their own decisions. God can start you out on the 'right' path, so to speak... but ultimately, it's a person decision they have to make for themselves.

That wasn't the point I was trying to get across. I suggest you read Akio123's post, right above the one you just posted, to see what I was trying to explain.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021

god is not strait either. Who knows if God even has a gender.

Zelos

*yawn*
    Years
  • That's kinda what I was saying. Maybe it wasn't, meh.

You decide where your interests lie; they aren't chosen for you, unless you give into peer pressure or something. No one tells you what sort of foods you like or dislike, and the same can be said for a person's interest in others.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back