• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: [HotM October 2009] Pokémon ToxicPurple (Team Rocket hack)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatJamma

From the ashes
Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 8, 2022
    Hey this looks really nice so far! Good luck with this hack! I look forward to playing this when something is released

Cyndahog

lol hi
    Years
  • Looks amazing so far.
    I'll support this 100%, and check back everyday. Can't wait for the alpha.

To think me and that little rattata and me could be the next Giovanni + Rhydon.. IF we get any promotions. =/

Tony Montana

Say Hello To My Little Friend!
    Years
  • That tool wast unLZ, it was used to insert it into this one without the colors getting messed up. Now I remember the mane...it was InfranView or sth like that. I dont know it it works for a Mac...I have Windows...

Cholo

Moveset Breeder
    Years
    • Seen May 29, 2013
    I guess in this case it can be overruled by the fact that the nurse would never even bother to look at the state of your pokemon because you'd be chased out simply for being a part of Team Rocket?

oh i didnt think of that
    anyway this hack sounds and looks magnificient
    good luck with everything ^-^

Years
    • Seen Jul 5, 2011
    here's an idea for something you put in the,whatever the second version of something that you release after the alpha to add new stuff,is called(personally,i hope it's called bankai).your character could dress up in a disguise as part of an on going mission to steal pokemon from the safari zone

ckret2

usually pronounced "secret 2"
    Years
  • here's an idea for something you put in the,whatever the second version of something that you release after the alpha to add new stuff,is called(personally,i hope it's called bankai).your character could dress up in a disguise as part of an on going mission to steal pokemon from the safari zone

You mean, the name of the release after an alpha? After alphas come betas, typically. Where'd you get bankai from?

The disguise idea is a neat one, but the hard part is making the OW for it. You can't exactly change your overworld in the middle of the game. The only cases where this is possible, so far as I know, are when you bike, when you surf, when you throw a fishing line, and when you use the Vs Seeker--and each of those sprites has its own purpose already. I could do a disguise, but that would probably mean the character would always have to run really fast and there'd be no bike, since I'd have to replace the bike OW to do that. (And I'm already planning on making the bike into a motorcycle like the Bikers and Cueballs ride. Doesn't function any differently, but looks a bit cooler for a Rocket to be riding one of those.)

You will get to steal Safari Zone Pokémon, though, and that'll be a significant side plot. That won't be available until over halfway through the Kanto arc, though.

~Poke~

Hasn't played 5th gen yet.
    Years
  • There is a way to make the disguise. A person/item that activates
    a script with the Changebyte command. Then you change the byte(s)
    in the game that tell it which OW sprite to use for "you". You
    could probably get it from one of those Gameshark codes that
    change your OW sprite. But it's very advanced scripting.

Years
    • Seen Jul 5, 2011
    You mean, the name of the release after an alpha? After alphas come betas, typically. Where'd you get bankai from?

i thought something else already had the name beta.and the bankai thing was a bleach joke

ckret2

Years
  • There is a way to make the disguise. A person/item that activates
    a script with the Changebyte command. Then you change the byte(s)
    in the game that tell it which OW sprite to use for "you". You
    could probably get it from one of those Gameshark codes that
    change your OW sprite. But it's very advanced scripting.

Really? I didn't know that, thanks for the info. (I think I discovered a way to do that on accident once; for a while, on the top floor of Pokémon Tower, if you got into any battle at all, when you exited the battle you controlled the camera instead of "you." Yeeeesh. I'm glad I got rid of that bug.)

If it's that advanced, I think I'll not worry about it for a while. I've got no subplot ideas at this point that would benefit from being able to put on a disguise. Maybe later on, though.

Speaking of team rocket...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8YS9XOLlKQ
    please, please, use this music. somehow, someway. in the rocket base or something. SOMEWHERE!

I would absolutely love to. That's some great background music; it'd be perfect for the Rocket bases in the Johto arc. Maybe to replace the default Game Corner music, too. I haven't looked up what it takes to import new background music yet, but when I figure out how to do it (or I find someone else willing to do it) I'll put it in.

Update on the alpha: All of the big scripts, the battles, the items, etc. are finished, except for a grand total of three NPCs, and a temporary roadblock inside Silph Co. to keep you from going upstairs. Once those are scripted, though, the alpha will be ready! Woohoo. Three NPCs, how much time will that take? (Sure, I say that now, but I thought that I only had three NPCs to go last weekend. But this time I really might get done tonight. Keep your fingers crossed!)

shinyraquaza

Champion Lance
    Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2011
    omg i can't wait for this. im new to forum but started playin as many hacks as i could and so far this one seems to have the most promise. i love the idea of getting rid of hm slaves and using key items instead. i would help but unfortunatly i dont have enough time or experience (no hacking experience in fact XD ) so i wish you the best of luck

ckret2

Years
  • Do I have some good news tonight. :D

ToxicPurple Alpha 1 available!!

Features:
    • Receive an epic Rattata!!
    • Steal your first Pokémon
    • Play entirely through your first mission: dealing with a Marowak...
    • Receive the Big Machete and mutilate those pesky trees!
    • Battle a bunch of re-leveled trainers
    • Attempt to figure out whether or not the dialogue has been changed on said trainers. (Usually it has, if only slightly.)
    • Talk to a bunch of NPCs, just to say you did.
    • Wonder why that Channeler has a Bellsprout.
    • Wonder how a Meowth can play cards.
    • Wonder why you need a Silph Scope to see Zubat and Cubone.
    • AND MORE!!
    Actually, that's about it. But what are you expecting from the first alpha, a Mew egg?

"Bugs":
    With "bugs" in quotes because none of them are actually "bugs," just stuff I haven't gotten around to changing yet.
    Expect these to be fixed in the next alpha:
    • If you go into the Lavender Town Pokémon Center and then faint without visiting the Saffron Base, you'll go back to the Lavender Center. But Nurse Joy still gives Nurse Woe's speech. This won't take long to fix, I just haven't yet.
    • It is possible to "beat" the Marowak by running away from it. Yeah. Kinda lame. I'm trusting you guys not to pull a stunt like that while I find a way to fix this. I've got one guaranteed-but-silly way to fix this (make it a ghost), and one iffy-but-cooler way to fix this (an experimental piece of code that I can't find an explanation for, but looks promising. We'll see).
    • The start screen hasn't been changed, and all the sprites from the welcome-to-the-game-speech haven't been changed. They will be eventually.
    • You can go into the Fighting Dojo and the Saffron Gym and fight trainers. I wouldn't recommend it, though. And the motivational speaker in Sabrina's Gym will try to talk you out of it. I know what I'm going to do to keep you from fighting the gym and dojo, but haven't written those scripts yet.
    • There's a... a fence at the bottom of Lavender Town. I couldn't think of a better way to block it off. I'll come up with something before the next alpha.
    • There's an officer north of Lavender Town with a "thirsty guard" script. It's a temporary substitute for what will be a REAL script later.
    • No homeowners battle you yet... Alas! I just haven't scripted their battles yet, don't worry. They'll battle you soon enough.

And after all the bugs, I've probably scared you off, hah. Anyway, enjoy, and let me know what you think--particularly on trainer levels, I dunno if they're too hard or too easy. (I do know that at least one of the Bikers on Route 8 is going to be a real nuisance to beat; I upped his AI a little and gave him some odd movesets.) Post any questions or comments or critique or whatever here.

Enjoy!

Surf

Years
    • Age 29
    • Rust
    • Seen Jul 31, 2011
    YES!
    I screm it to the hilltops when I say "POKEMON TOXIC PURPLE IS OUT"
    I'm playing this straight away

Years
    • Seen Apr 5, 2012
    your the best!!! played it and its rlly good! congrats on your work.

actually after playing for a little while, everything is great except that there is no place to train against wild pokes lol i whited out twice already xD

Last edited by a moderator:

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
    Years
  • I like your Alpha, Ckret.

I always liked being evil. I caught Mother Marowak and I had fun testing
    out her power.

So far, no bugs. This Hack will be better if the people in the Houses actually
    ambushes you.

alo123

Munchlax Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2019
    Great hack always wanted to play the bad guy also i beat 4 out of the 5 people in the fighting dojo gastly is great against mankey and primeape

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2010
    alright!!!

it's good to see that there is a release... i'm gonna start playing now

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back