• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: [HotW #58] Pokémon Torzach: The Legend Begins (We're back in action, people!)

Shall we show you the Super Powerful Legendary?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vannah☆

Spriter
Years
Oyy I can't stand when people criticize things with no justification. Uggh!!
I wonder, can you tell us actual reasons why you believe that our fakemon are "bad"?
And why we "need" the regular E4?
I'd like to know. I really would.

And to be perfectly honest, I've looked at a LOT of fakemon hacks and I have yet to see better fakemon than those in Torzach. Not to be biased or anything, because I'm just a supporter. Not a team member. (I do beta testing but that's irrelevant to this.)

I just wish you, and all other people who criticize our (or anyone else's) work, for whatever reason, would just tell us WHY you don't like it... It doesn't help much if you point out problems and don't really help us to "fix" them...

(Everything in this post above this line of text is directed at Gvdl bmmzpv tuvqje cjudi)

*sigh*
Anyway I'm sure most of you don't care too much since I'm not really "working" on this hack, but just wanted to let you all know that I am not gonna be on the forums quite AS often for the next three weeks. I'm going to a pre-college art program. ^^

And btw mac... *coughUcoughscoughecoughrcoughBcoughacoughrcough*
no rly. ^^;;

Userbar? :D? o-o What do ya mean? ^_^;;

Oh and well said. The best of luck to you! ;)

Years
XDDDDD Wow.
o_o; I think our fakemon are absolutely brilliant, for the most part. If you want a game with the elite four, and if you're going to criticize our fakemon without any constructive criticism, then go make your own hack with your own ideas and your own fakemon. I'd like to see that.

Oh and darkprince, it has to be 64x64 at the most and facing the opponent... not on a side view... And fire/water is a type combination that just isn't done. Also, the shading isn't well done. Maybe I'll make it into a 64x64 sprite just so you can see what they should look like, so that you have better knowledge on the subject in the future.
Why? Do you think I lack hacking skills? I just said I didn't like fakemons, why should I put my own in a hack then?

Oyy I can't stand when people criticize things with no justification. Uggh!!
I wonder, can you tell us actual reasons why you believe that our fakemon are "bad"?
And why we "need" the regular E4?
I'd like to know. I really would.

And to be perfectly honest, I've looked at a LOT of fakemon hacks and I have yet to see better fakemon than those in Torzach. Not to be biased or anything, because I'm just a supporter. Not a team member. (I do beta testing but that's irrelevant to this.)

I just wish you, and all other people who criticize our (or anyone else's) work, for whatever reason, would just tell us WHY you don't like it... It doesn't help much if you point out problems and don't really help us to "fix" them...

(Everything in this post above this line of text is directed at Gvdl bmmzpv tuvqje cjudi)

*sigh*
Anyway I'm sure most of you don't care too much since I'm not really "working" on this hack, but just wanted to let you all know that I am not gonna be on the forums quite AS often for the next three weeks. I'm going to a pre-college art program. ^^

And btw mac... *coughUcoughscoughecoughrcoughBcoughacoughrcough*
no rly. ^^;;
applause.gif

Oh wait...

i still think te fakmons are bad and dont look like nitendos....

Lyzo

Back from vacation
Years
Ok, ok, lets face it, some people don't like this hack.
They want to keep to the more original idea of pokemon, with gym leaders, Elite 4, original pokemon. This is fine, there should be some differences among people or else everything would be quite boring here...

Anyway, Gvdl bmmzpv tuvqje cjudi (weird name :paranoid:), I think most of us would appreciate it if you could stop posting things like this, since now, you're basically spamming the thread... :tired:
If you could actually give us reasons we'd appreciate it :D, then we could actually change things and mabye make it appeal to you.

Fish94

Freerunning Fish
Years
Why? Do you think I lack hacking skills? I just said I didn't like fakemons, why should I put my own in a hack then?

Oh wait...

i still think te fakmons are bad and dont look like nitendos....
They don't need to look like nintendo's seeing as they look better than nintendo's
Next time you try and be a smart arse, use proper spelling and actually justify your answer instead of having to use pictures -_-

Westrmistr

Westermeister
Years
I'm back! Smileys and all. :cer_boogie:

So, I've read everything from when I left to now, and I have to say that video of costume changing is awesome! 8D I completely love it. Whoever did it has some obvious skill in scripting.

And to the guy with the really long name, it may not be a normal Pokemon story, but it'll still have the Gym Challenge in it. I'm happy with that. The fakemon, even though I sprite them with Vannah, are awesome. I say we're up there with Nintendo themselves with everything going into this hack. I think we have exceeded them because they have started making everything in DP style, which opposed to the art from Gold, Silver and Crystal, looks weird to say the least.

And Vannah, when is the deadline for the contest? Is it over already? If I have time, I might be able to squeeze out another trainer. And then, maybe sometime after that, we can get back to spriting Pokemon. I've been real busy lately, and I have had barely any time on the computer. -___- I tried checking in on Torzach twice, but it said something about the servers not working at both times. But now I'm back and everything is good. X]

Last edited:

minchan

Mudkip Worshipper
Years
Userbar? :D? o-o What do ya mean? ^_^;;

Oh and well said. The best of luck to you! ;)

I sent Mac a new userbar with Blowree on it. On MAY 20. LOL

That's why I've been hinting to put it up in most of the recent posts... Hehe... ^^;;

Maybe I should post it here... Yeah. I'll do that.

blowreespritebanner.png

Direct Link:
http://img196.imageshack.us/img196/8...ritebanner.png

Code:
[url*=http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=165521][URL="http://img196.imageshack.us/img196/8963/blowreespritebanner.png"]http://img196.imageshack.us/img196/8...ritebanner.png[/URL][/IMG*][/url*][/quote]Copy and paste the code into your signature and delete the asterisks. (*)

...And the servers HAVE kinda been... well... failing lately. ^^;;

Westrmistr

Westermeister
Years
I sent Mac a new userbar with Blowree on it. On MAY 20. LOL

That's why I've been hinting to put it up in most of the recent posts... Hehe... ^^;;

Maybe I should post it here... Yeah. I'll do that.

blowreespritebanner.png

Direct Link:
http://img196.imageshack.us/img196/8...ritebanner.png

Code:
Copy and paste the code into your signature and delete the asterisks. (*)

...And the servers HAVE kinda been... well... failing lately. ^^;;

I made a userbar once... I think Mac forgot about it, though.

Vannah☆

Spriter
Years
I'm back! Smileys and all. :cer_boogie:

So, I've read everything from when I left to now, and I have to say that video of costume changing is awesome! 8D I completely love it. Whoever did it has some obvious skill in scripting.

And to the guy with the really long name, it may not be a normal Pokemon story, but it'll still have the Gym Challenge in it. I'm happy with that. The fakemon, even though I sprite them with Vannah, are awesome. I say we're up there with Nintendo themselves with everything going into this hack. I think we have exceeded them because they have started making everything in DP style, which opposed to the art from Gold, Silver and Crystal, looks weird to say the least.

And Vannah, when is the deadline for the contest? Is it over already? If I have time, I might be able to squeeze out another trainer. And then, maybe sometime after that, we can get back to spriting Pokemon. I've been real busy lately, and I have had barely any time on the computer. -___- I tried checking in on Torzach twice, but it said something about the servers not working at both times. But now I'm back and everything is good. X]

XDDDD I think that you're the only who entered. So we'll just cancel it I guess. But I'll make you a special present anyway, West, 'cause you're amazing. <3

Westrmistr

Westermeister
Years
XDDDD I think that you're the only who entered. So we'll just cancel it I guess. But I'll make you a special present anyway, West, 'cause you're amazing. <3

Thank you. = D Now, a present you say? Is it a pre-released Heart Gold or Soul Silver?? XD Maybe some cake... Or pie...

So all sprites are going in the game, I take it? I bet they are.

Zhorm

Unfamous creator of nothing
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Feb 8, 2013
Guys!
Believe it or not, I've been watching this Hack since my first (or was it second?) day here, and I really like the idea of it and all of those Fakemon! They really look great. If I wouldn't know they're not real, I would believe it if somebody told me.

I also would like to show you one of my sprites, because I like spriting (I'm not good at it, doing it for about a month or so, so nobody knows me, because I didn't show anything yet xD). I don't know, if you like it you can use, if not then not xD

I really hope your Hack will become famous one day, you really did a great job this far. And if you don't understand anything I'm saying, I have an excuse, I'm German and 15 years old >.<

Vannah☆

Spriter
Years
Well that's good to hear. It's been nice to see you all defending and complimenting this hack. Nice to have you posting on the thread. ;)
Marowak evo, hm? xD We already have a marowak evo
morepoof.png
, plus this one's not very well done. Good for a beginner. ^.^ Try to use colors besides the default paint colors. You have a 16 color limit, so use it! xD The grass skirt, etc, I would make a diferent swampy shade of green with more shading. I would have the (our) left arm bent a little, and the right one maybe a little bigger. I would make the tummy maybe not so slanted. And the (our) left foot loks a little strange. Keep learning though. o: If you make anymore sprites, I'm always more than happy to critique. :D Just make sure you post them on my profile or it a pm. ^^

Oh, and I can understand you perfectly. xD

MASTEROFPUPPETS93

Liebe Ist Für Alle Da
Years
Well the presentation of your hack is awesome! Everything is original in this hack except the tilesets... In my opinion it's very boring to use those tiles... I can make you a new one if you want ;) The choice is up to you :D All in one a really good hack

~MOP

Vannah☆

Spriter
Years
Well the presentation of your hack is awesome! Everything is original in this hack except the tilesets... In my opinion it's very boring to use those tiles... I can make you a new one if you want ;) The choice is up to you :D All in one a really good hack

~MOP

We have new tilesets now. We're just working on inserting them. But hey, if you can make good tiles, save me the trouble of making new ones in the future. xD;

treewhite.png
This ended up being the final tree. And this might be one of the final new tilesets, excluding the old tree there.
tilestuffs-1.png

MegaMaccer

If a tree falls in a forest
Years
I spy a Brendan and Oak outfit. How about a Gold/Jimmy outfit? Anyway, this is turning out to be awesome. You could have many options for the OW changer feature. I dunno anything about hacking, but I trust you would utilize this well.
Thanks, and it'll mostly be used for disguises for our hero/heroine, while they are out doing missions ^^
I like these fakemons they are better than usually. Is this game coming out soon and how long you can go in this game (one, two gyms, one route??)? I'm waiting for playing this game!
Thanks, its no where near the final release, for the alpha it'll be three towns, two routes, and a gym, plus 4-5 major events.
They don't need to look like nintendo's seeing as they look better than nintendo's
Thanks a heap, that made my day ^^

~MOP
Not to worry, our tiles are being updated as we speak ^^ I wouldn't turn down a map or two from you once we get them inserted though :P I've always admired your style ^^

========================================================

Well guys, no real update, we're just waiting on Marx to get the tiles inserted. Once done there, Lyzo'll be able to do another script, and then we'll try and insert some more Torzachians ^^
I probably won't be able to get on the internet as much as usual, due to a slight problem with our phone company resulting in them charging us fifty cents a megabyte... So, it gets expensive. They only charge us that after we've used our two gigabyte allowance, but my new foster sister enjoys sneaking into the house at night to watch videos, and we can't catch her, so we just have to limit our usage. I'll be on morning and evening my time though, so I'll be replying to PM/VM's and posts then ^^

MASTEROFPUPPETS93

Liebe Ist Für Alle Da
Years
MegaMaccer said:
Not to worry, our tiles are being updated as we speak ^^ I wouldn't turn down a map or two from you once we get them inserted though :P I've always admired your style ^^
kk, thx^^ It's just so that I doesn't really prefer to use this "overused" D/P-Rombase xD (Every 3rd hack here is using this >:[) And this outstanding, awesome hack should have an awesome custom-tileset :D
And I didn't knew that you're already busy with the inserting xD

~MOP

Years
  • Seen Jul 7, 2009
omg i loveeeeeee
the new game.so you mixed the dahao sry and urhus dexs'
i simply love this
i tried to make my own....
i made one called Kangopp but not too good

Last edited:

BananasGoMoo

Pokemon Electrum
Years
wooooow

these are the first fakemon ive ever seen that dont suck! they actually look good. :o (thats a compliment, as i would never play a game with fakemon, except this one)

thumbs up!

Years
  • Seen Aug 27, 2016
There are a lot of good Fakemon out there, but not all make their way into a game. A good example (besides Torzach) would be the Fakedex of Barren with 123 Entries. Google it and be in awe.

Just because Nintendo made the first Pokemon game doesnt mean they have all the good pokemon.

P.S: Before Nintendo officially releases a new Generation of Pokemon, aren't they working with a Generation of Fakemon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back