• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: [HotW #58] Pokémon Torzach: The Legend Begins (We're back in action, people!)

Shall we show you the Super Powerful Legendary?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MegaMaccer

If a tree falls in a forest
Years
  • There are a lot of good Fakemon out there, but not all make their way into a game. A good example (besides Torzach) would be the Fakedex of Barren with 123 Entries. Google it and be in awe.

Just because Nintendo made the first Pokemon game doesnt mean they have all the good pokemon.

P.S: Before Nintendo officially releases a new Generation of Pokemon, aren't they working with a Generation of Fakemon?
    Exactly. The only difference between Fakemon and Nintendo pokemon is that Nintendo charges. And believe me, if I could, I'd use Barren's Fakemon. As it is, I own the permissions for nearly all the good Fakemon on the web :P There is just a certain someone on PC who has permissions for Barrens, but doesn't seem to be using the Fakemon in anything... And they don't want to hand the permissions over :\ Still, we have quite a few different artists on board, so I'm sure we can keep you all occupied with our work ^^

Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2009
    This hack looks awesome!

Sorry I haven't read the whole threat, but it had hundreds of posts, and I just need to ask a question.

Has this hack gona public, or is it still for testers only?

and if it has gone public, where can I download it?

Once again, damn awesome hack from what I can see

xDaisuke0

Aspiring Professor
    Years
  • This hack looks awesome!

Sorry I haven't read the whole threat, but it had hundreds of posts, and I just need to ask a question.

This thread is in the Progressing hacks section so there's no Download yet.
    An Alpha will be out soon. Not sure when though...i cant remember if MegaMaccer(the creator) said anything.

Crimson Stardust

Anime Addiction
    Years

hmm...This hack is reALLY AWESOME,but you cannot judge the hack by the number of post....you should read the whole thread to know about the hack..but it is true this is a great/awesome hack...

Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2009
    This hack looks awesome!

Vannah☆

Spriter
    Years
  • This thread is in the Progressing hacks section so there's no Download yet.
    An Alpha will be out soon. Not sure when though...i cant remember if MegaMaccer(the creator) said anything.

Well as long as all the torzachians, map tiles, and scripts we're planning are inserted quickly we should have an alpha that goes up to the first gym hopefully before or around august.

Zhorm

Unfamous creator of nothing
    Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2013
    That really sounds great! I hope the alpha will be good, I can't wait to see how it is done, and if everything works fine.
    By the way, your contest for those Trainer Sprites, is it done or could a random person you probably don' know (Me) still give it a try?

Vannah☆

Spriter
    Years
  • Its done I think. xD Since no one really entered. XD But as always if anyone has any contributions or wants to give spriting something a go, then by all means. Go. If it's good, then we'll be happy to consider putting it in the game with or without editing, and I'll be happy to critique.

Zhorm

Unfamous creator of nothing
    Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2013
    Okay, here you go...
    I hope it doesn't look that bad >.< My first Trainer...Same thing as last time, if you like it, use it, if not then not ^^ OW doesn't look that great >.<

Last edited:

Vannah☆

Spriter
    Years
  • You're still shading the wrong way, and the colors look default. As for the OW, use an official one as a base. Plus, is he supposed to be fat? o_o And where's his other arm?

Biggee30

The Oldschool Hip-Hop Fan
    Years
  • (1st post, :D) Hey Mac, I've been lurking around this thread for a while, just reading every post, and I must say the fakemon in this game look outstanding, and the story sounds interesting. Also, I'm just wondering you are taking any more concepts for fakemon, because I got a couple of cool fakemon that I drew , and I'd like to contribute. Anyways, good luck with the hack, and I can't wait to play it.

I attached one of the fakemon, just as a sample

Last edited:

MegaMaccer

If a tree falls in a forest
    Years

Any particular reason why you posted this twice...?
    wow this game looks really good with the red garydose (spelt wrong) i really cant wait good luck guys :)
    Uhhh, as far as I know there is no Red Gyarados :\ Perhaps you should try and post about Torzach, and not Crono?
    (1st post, :D) Hey Mac, I've been lurking around this thread for a while, just reading every post, and I must say the fakemon in this game look outstanding, and the story sounds interesting. Also, I'm just wondering you are taking any more concepts for fakemon, because I got a couple of cool fakemon that I drew , and I'd like to contribute. Anyways, good luck with the hack, and I can't wait to play it.

I attached one of the fakemon, just as a sample
    Well, if we like the drawings, I'm sure we could use them ^^ I'll talk to Vannah about it, but I think you've got potential. Would you be able to draw things on request for us?

Vannah☆

Spriter
    Years
  • Any particular reason why you posted this twice...?

Uhhh, as far as I know there is no Red Gyarados :\ Perhaps you should try and post about Torzach, and not Crono?

Well, if we like the drawings, I'm sure we could use them ^^ I'll talk to Vannah about it, but I think you've got potential. Would you be able to draw things on request for us?

As I said, he may have potential, but the drawing he made wasn't pokemon-ish really.

Hey, try going for a more bulky approach to that concept. Larger pokemon (Take tyrannitar or ursarang for example) have a lot of well defined shapes such as spherical, rectangular, and triangular figures so that when you look at one, you know exactly how they move, etc. And that effect is especially pronounced in legendaries and large pokemon. Even many of the originals like Blastoise, Gyarados, Onyx, and Golem had very readily noticeable bulky features. So try following those examples when you're making a fakemon. You have to base it off of an animal or some kind of very close image in your mind and then mold it so that there's a certain feature that becomes a main theme of the creature. Ursrang has very prominent shoulders for example. Gyarados' mouth, Golem's spherical stone shape, Seaking's horn, Seadra's snout, Sandslash's claws and scales, etc. o-o

Biggee30

The Oldschool Hip-Hop Fan
    Years
  • As I said, he may have potential, but the drawing he made wasn't pokemon-ish really.

Hey, try going for a more bulky approach to that concept. Larger pokemon (Take tyrannitar or ursarang for example) have a lot of well defined shapes such as spherical, rectangular, and triangular figures so that when you look at one, you know exactly how they move, etc. And that effect is especially pronounced in legendaries and large pokemon. Even many of the originals like Blastoise, Gyarados, Onyx, and Golem had very readily noticeable bulky features. So try following those examples when you're making a fakemon. You have to base it off of an animal or some kind of very close image in your mind and then mold it so that there's a certain feature that becomes a main theme of the creature. Ursrang has very prominent shoulders for example. Gyarados' mouth, Golem's spherical stone shape, Seaking's horn, Seadra's snout, Sandslash's claws and scales, etc. o-o
    Thanks for the advice, but I thought that the big goatie on the fakemon was sort noticeable, along with the big silver ear-ring, and it's especially it's long tail. But I guess for the next ones I'll make their features even bulkier. Again, thanks for the advice :D
    Well, most of my ideas comes from animals (or other things) that are not yet in Pokemon games, so I think of ways to make them look somewhat like a Pokemon would. Anyways, I think I might be able to do drawings by request for you if the request sound interesting or original enough.

Last edited:

Ghu55

Pokemon Torzach Supporter
    Years
  • I think what vannah says is very true for the most memorable pokemon, but nintendo has definitely violated these rules once in a while. Am I the only one that thinks bagon and shellgon look like pokemon and salamence doesn't?

Anyway don't rush the alpha, I have high expectations for this hack, mostly formed from the material the team has shown on this thread (sprites, fakemon, vids of scripts and whatnot).

Another question: what is the difference between alpha and beta? Is an alpha a pre-beta version?

Years
    • Seen May 20, 2012
    Well as long as all the torzachians, map tiles, and scripts we're planning are inserted quickly we should have an alpha that goes up to the first gym hopefully before or around august.

Best news ever :)
    I've been waiting ages for this!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back