• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: [HotW #58] Pokémon Torzach: The Legend Begins (We're back in action, people!)

Shall we show you the Super Powerful Legendary?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2011
    sorry for asking but i'm new on forums and this hack completely claimed all my attention.
    I just wanted to know if theres a beta version released or, if not, how many % of the game is done.
    Thanks in advance and keep going in the hack, it looks really nice

snap12

Billie Jean is not my lover
    Years
  • sorry for asking but i'm new on forums and this hack completely claimed all my attention.
    I just wanted to know if theres a beta version released or, if not, how many % of the game is done.
    Thanks in advance and keep going in the hack, it looks really nice

Always read the first post. Its fine because your new here, but the first post of every thread has all the answers you will ever need

Westrmistr

Westermeister
    Years
  • Hey, guys! I just thought I'd post some sprites here, just so this thread doesn't get too dormant.

[HotW #58] Pokémon Torzach: The Legend Begins (We're back in action, people!)

I've gone and revamped Stontle here, because, as it turns out, the image was messed up so there were more colors than the sixteen color limit, plus there were a few other errors, but I wasn't the one who put 'em all there. :cer_confused: So I fiddled around with the outline, and fixed his tail up, along with taking out all of the damaged pixels by making them all one color. Example: I made all the dark red pixels the same exact shade. Hopefully I didn't miss any.

I didn't do much to Thorcle's back sprite, all it needed was for its outline to be fixed up.

That's Thorsphere, the evolved form of Thorcle. I went in and edited his outline, and some other little details. Now I think he looks much better than before. = D

Th-th-th-that's all, folks!

Vannah☆

Spriter
    Years
  • Mmmm

In my opinion, in order to prevent the sprites we're posting to be stolen, we should enlarge them a tad rather than shrinking them. I think they'd be a tad more glorified.

Westrmistr

Westermeister
    Years
  • In my opinion, in order to prevent the sprites we're posting to be stolen, we should enlarge them a tad rather than shrinking them. I think they'd be a tad more glorified.
    Large or small, thieves will steal. The size matters not to them. And to go to the lengths of enlarging the sprites would end in the same problems with Stontle I just pointed out, and would then make them too big for the 64x64 pixel limit.

Vannah☆

Spriter
    Years
  • I don't think you understand. Thieves cannot steal sprites that are larger or smaller resolution simply because anyone who sees them will know they are fake. Plus, they cant be put into the game because when enlarged or decreased, color amount changes.

All Im saying is that when we put the sprites here on the forum, they look bad when they're shrunk like that. So why not make them larger instead? It just bothers me is all. And Im not too worried about thieves, because the majority of people here and on a few other sites know that we're responsible for them.

And in any case, we're not using the sprites that have recently been posted here with that resolution. (If Im reading correctly) We'd be using the originals.

EDIT: Wait just back up. An even better solution would be to just save a file in png and another in jpg format. The png doesn't distort, jpg does.

I'll definitely be back in the summer guys.

Last edited:

Westrmistr

Westermeister
    Years
  • I don't think you understand. Thieves cannot steal sprites that are larger or smaller resolution simply because anyone who sees them will know they are fake. Plus, they cant be put into the game because when enlarged or decreased, color amount changes.

All Im saying is that when we put the sprites here on the forum, they look bad when they're shrunk like that. So why not make them larger instead? It just bothers me is all. And Im not too worried about thieves, because the majority of people here and on a few other sites know that we're responsible for them.

And in any case, we're not using the sprites that have recently been posted here with that resolution. (If Im reading correctly) We'd be using the originals.

EDIT: Wait just back up. An even better solution would be to just save a file in png and another in jpg format. The png doesn't distort, jpg does.

I'll definitely be back in the summer guys.
    That's what I said, Vannah. If you change the size even the slightest, color changes will happen, thus is the case with Stontle, which I recall you edited to make it smaller in the first place. If you read my post up there with the edited sprites, you will clearly see these changes had not been edited and had gone unnoticed because you hadn't looked. I do understand, I don't think you do. If we enlarge them, they cannot be inserted into the game--which is what you just said. So I don't see the reason in enlarging the sprites when that defeats the purpose of having them.

They are not shrunk, they are regular size. 64x64 pixels, the required size for any Fire Red, or Leaf Green game. You were the one who brought it up. You were worried about it, but now you're not worried about it. Thus makes your statement moot.

"And in any case, we're not using the sprites that have recently been posted here with that resolution." Ah, so I take it we would not be using 64x64 scale sprites, then. Yeah, that sure makes a lot of sense! = D I'm sorry Vannah, but your web browser must be messed up or something, because all of the sprites I post here are 64x64 pixels, their original and true scale. The scale that is required to be inserted.

Yeah, then that's double the memory being used on my computer. Good solution! :cer_wink:

P.S. I'll be watching you. :cer_eek:

Vannah☆

Spriter
    Years
  • Let's find out if my browser's messed up.

EDIT: Yep. lol

My understanding was that you had shrunk the images so that they wouldn't be stolen. I apologize for the misunderstanding.

snap12

Years
  • I'm stealing that Wilkey sprite for my game muhahah!
    JUST KIDDING ;), glad to see you guys worked that little blip out :)

Edit: Just noticed something, I think Thorcle should have a shorter tail, because it loses its tail in its final form, Thewboll, so shouldnt the tail get smaller as it evolves? But I like the Thorsphere sprite, its staring right at you which is normally not a good thing, but I think it makes it look awkward in a kinda cute and innocent way, which is good haha. So basically I like the sprites, but I feel like Thorsphere should have a smaller tail than Thorcle. Not a big deal though, just something to think about. Don't want to start another war like with Blowey and Kangokick haha

Last edited:

Westrmistr

Westermeister
    Years
  • I'm stealing that Wilkey sprite for my game muhahah!
    JUST KIDDING ;), glad to see you guys worked that little blip out :)

Edit: Just noticed something, I think Thorcle should have a shorter tail, because it loses its tail in its final form, Thewboll, so shouldnt the tail get smaller as it evolves? But I like the Thorsphere sprite, its staring right at you which is normally not a good thing, but I think it makes it look awkward in a kinda cute and innocent way, which is good haha. So basically I like the sprites, but I feel like Thorsphere should have a smaller tail than Thorcle. Not a big deal though, just something to think about. Don't want to start another war like with Blowey and Kangokick haha
    Well, sorry to be frank with you, Snap, but I sprite off of the concepts I was presented with and given permission to sprite. I'm only following orders. I'm not the artist of the concept art, so I can't really fix that. I hope you understand. = D

snap12

Years
  • Well, sorry to be frank with you, Snap, but I sprite off of the concepts I was presented with and given permission to sprite. I'm only following orders. I'm not the artist of the concept art, so I can't really fix that. I hope you understand. = D

Hey man its cool. The sprites still look awesome, and the tail thing is such a small issue in the big picture of things. Your doing an absolutely fantastic job so far with the sprites so you won't hear any complaints from me.

Do you know how the rest of the game is progressing? I know Mac must be pretty busy at the moment

Westrmistr

Westermeister
    Years
  • Hey man its cool. The sprites still look awesome, and the tail thing is such a small issue in the big picture of things. Your doing an absolutely fantastic job so far with the sprites so you won't hear any complaints from me.

Do you know how the rest of the game is progressing? I know Mac must be pretty busy at the moment
    Thank you for the complements, Snap. = D

I'm sorry, I cannot answer that, for I don't know. Mac tells me nothing about the progress of the game, so I know nothing about the progress of the game. All I know is what's been posted here.

MegaMaccer

If a tree falls in a forest
    Years
  • Hi everyone, I know I said that we were carrying on with this project, and don't get me wrong, we still are. It's just that its summer holidays at the moment (Yeah, I know, its strange, but I'm a kiwi, I'm allowed to be :P) so I'm really busy. I hope everyone understands this, I love this project, and I know a lot of you do as well. Unfortunately though, I seem to have lost my chief scripter, and don't have time at the moment to learn, so I'm looking for a new one. Also, I'm going on holiday tomorrow, till Monday, plus I have my birthday coming up in a week in a half, so big party to arrange, yadayada, you get the idea. We had a scripter apply on the forums, so I'll see if he/she is still interested, but I'm always in need of a new helper, usually scripters and mappers. Sprite inserters are a must too, since this hack kind of revolves around that. To top it all off, I don't have the latest .ips. So Amtrax, if you're reading this, can you get it to me please? I hope no ones angry with me, if you are, feel free to let me know. All support and telling-offness (Yes, that is a word, as of now) is accepted, but telling-offness needs to be via VM's or PM's. Thanks again, and we really, really need your guys help :D

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
    Years
  • Well I always supported this. I wasn't sure what script of mine I should post, so I went with a level script from my hack.
    Spoiler:

I can also map, and I hope to work with you guys on this hack. :)

MegaMaccer

If a tree falls in a forest
    Years
  • Well I always supported this. I wasn't sure what script of mine I should post, so I went with a level script from my hack.
    Spoiler:

I can also map, and I hope to work with you guys on this hack. :)

Well, I'd like to see some mapping proof, we have very high standards for everything in this hack, as I'm sure you know ^^ As for the script, it looks good, but I don't know a heck of a lot about scripting. There are a few grammar/spelling issues, so those will need to be sorted, but it looks good ^^

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
    Years
  • So, what's the verdict on scripting?
    Also, do you have memory problems XD I used to map for your hack, but then you stop replying to my messages. :(
    but eh, here is some prof, on mapping:
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2019
    :D

This by far has the best fakemon ever they look so real and nice. I really cant at least wait for a beta this is simply amazing. Good luck on everything to everyone on this hack team.

ps. LOVE THE STARTERS :O

Vannah☆

Spriter
    Years
  • Here's something I just made in the last hour or so. Based off a sea turtle I guess. Nameless so far. He'll have a pre evolution somehow someday if you guys seem to like him. Maybe we'll make him one of the two fossil pokemon or have his pre-ev be underwater if we have the dive feature return. Anyway, I was a little afraid to add too much color, but he could use some more contrast.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back