• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: [HOTW #81] Pokemon Aether (Reconstructed)

Out of 10, what do you rate this Hack from what you see?

Votes: 7 5.6%

Votes: 1 0.8%

Votes: 1 0.8%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 6 4.8%

Votes: 5 4.0%

Votes: 28 22.6%

Votes: 24 19.4%

Votes: 17 13.7%

Votes: 35 28.2%

• Total voters

BlitŻ1

guahh my dog is so cute
Years
  • Introduction
    Hey eberybody! How eberybody doin'

Okay well, I'm done with that

Hey, well, My name is Fan King, or Kyle, if you know me well enough. I started this hack after a fascination with the final fantasy movie Advent Children, which then my friend and I pooled ideas for the hack, for which then I only pursued. I started with a first version, that was crummy, so then I have now restarted with another version, for which I just completed the base to work on.

My original goal for this hack was to create a dedicated group of skilled, hard working hackers, but obviously no one wants to join >.<, so I guess this is just me and mah team, ( let's go kids xD) But if you want to join, team thread is below.

There's a beta available for anybody who wants to play it, I've played it through, and it works, but there are probably some unseen errors so anybody that finds them, please tell me ^^

Or there was, until I took it off

Here's the team thread link right here

I present to you Project Aether

[HOTW #81] Pokemon Aether (Reconstructed)

[FONT=&quot]Rom Base: Fire red[/FONT]

Update Log
    Spoiler:

Awards

Storyline

~* This is inspired by the Final Fantasy VII movie, Advent Children*~

In the world before a catastrophic meteor event named the Searing, the world was at one with technology, also called the singularity. People were transprired to cyborgs, using there mechanic forethought to go past the natural limits of humanity. The humans expanded outward and forward, but none did not know what waited for them at the end. When they reached it, Fire rained from the skies, burning everything man has formed. All civilizations, although at their peak, shriveled in the flames. At the times of most despair, a gourp named the Organization, rised from the ashes and brought mankind to safety.

~*Present Day*~(Several hundred years later...)

In the Region of Arsoain, the only civilization none to man to survive the Searing, the Earth has grown back to a planet full of life. The rivers and trees have bloomed many years ago, so now the humans thrive in an era split between times, we they are one with technology and nature. Maybe about 10-20 thousand humans are known to have survived

Although, 16 years ago, a highly pathogenic disease known as Geostigma has struck a minority of children, causing them to have uncontrolable seizures and a significant decrease in lifespan.

The disease was thought to be contagious among populations, so through public demand, the infected children were sent to live in what is called the Advent Orphanage, an area hidden among the Aren Cliffs in the Darklurk Forest. From where they were sent, the children received the name Advent Children

You play as a 16 year old boy or girl, living in the orphanage with your disease. Although life may seem incomplete, the orgainzation offers the orphanage everything a regular child could have had, maybe even more.

Eventually, a "cure" was found by the organization for the Advent Children, although all who were taken away to be cured were never too be seen again.

Your player wakes up from his suspiscous dream, dazed and out of control, your player decides to keep laying down. Minutes pass before your rival comes into your guy's dormitory, waking you, telling you about the first broadcast of the A.N.N. Hearing this, you wander over to the Rec Room to watch.

( Intro to game is in development! See you 5...4...3...2......)

Some Features

These are just some of the features I have planned for this project...

~New world of pokemon, based in the region of Arsoain
    ~ Exciting, smooth new scripts that engage the player
    ~ Creative new maps, ranging from the untamed wilderness to the inside of dungeon cells
    ~ New region map
    ~ Completly new primary and secondary tilesets, including d\p styled interior tilesets
    ~ New Ow's (Rival, Player, and Important Storyline Characters)
    ~ New job systems, where you can join a guild of workers to do many sidequests, (But not the one involving regular sidequests!)
    ~ New sidequests, some are mandatory to proceed, while some are just for the rewards, while others lead to more!
    ~ Explore the new underground, (finally designed)
    ~ Several Fakemon and D/P/Pt Pokemon that replace the pokemon not invlolved in the Arsoain Pokedex
    ~ The lack of Gym badges! Due to the storyline, Gyms are no rare and far between, but there are still 8. Battle them if you want, at the end will still lead you to something different then the Pokemon League, a lot different.

Screen Shots
    [FONT=&quot]Old screenshots
    Spoiler:
    [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Interior tiles are still the same, due to them not beign taken down[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]A peek at the new tiles (same as update post):[/FONT]
    Spoiler:

[FONT=&quot]Updated(ish) screenshots[/FONT]
    Spoiler:

New Screeny's ^^
    Spoiler:

The Team

Fan King~ Lead Scripter, Lead Mapper, Tile Inserter, Storyline Developer, Banner Maker, Tile Spritist (sorta), Supreme leader of all brilliant minds....

Codec~ Banner Maker, mapper, spriter

Ben.~ Banner maker,Tile spriter, backup, scripter Backup tile inserter Graphics Graphics Inserter Ow spriter, spriter

Neo Wolf~ Storyline Assistant, Backup mapper

I hope that the team will grow to obtain all aspects of hacking, so all forms of hacking will be accepted, from tile spriting to ASM hacking, so I hope all will join. But there is a limit, I dont want to have too many mappers and not enough scripters.

here's the application

Username\Internet Alias: An example for me would be Fan King, or some people on the internet call me Kyle, but don't call me that if I don't tell you to >.>
    Position or Job: For instance mine would be scripter, because thats what I'm best at :P
    How long have you been hacking: self explanatory
    Proof of work: I need you to show me at least 3 proofs of work. Show me the best example of what you did.
    Contact Information: Please give me your MSN, not an aim,and don't say," contact me with a PM" :P

Either Apply here or the team thread, link will be posted at the top

Banners
    So far, Project Aether has two banner

~Made by Codec

Made by meh! ^^'

Ending Note

First of all, thanks to Indy Racer for making stick with it x3

There's just a few more things I would like to say:

~ All members of the team will get a userbar, animated or not, based on what I think

just had to say that, thanks to everybody that helped me start, and thanks to everybody who joins the team.

and by the way, our team slogan is "Yes We Dance!"

get it?

Credits to Wah for sprites, and almos all the tiles.

Credits for Kyledove for the interior tileset that was almost impossible to insert x3.

Oh and the house too

Thank you all, and good luck and good night~

Last edited:

Tudj

HeartGold :P
    Years
  • It looks reasonably good Fan King, the screenies and tiles are pretty impressive, but it lacks something I don't really know of yet. And btw geostigma, kids having seizures, it kinda reminds me of the pokemon episode wit the porygon.

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024
    Wow, I like those screenshots, also the nickelodeon part, LOL.
    I like its story too, it seems like it has a deep meaning.
    Good luck on this!

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
    Years
  • Last edited:

.Tactic.

x.Paranoid's BackAlley.x
    Years
  • I like this hack - a very good idea - and Astonishing tiles!!!!
    I have applied to be a team member in your team thread :)

~Areku-San

Pokemon Darkblue Author
    Years
  • I like the dark combination of the graphics; other thing, you have a good humor sense XD... Few hacks really have this, hehe.
    In MExico too i see Nickelodeon =D... (Is that a Spongebob show referency? I love Spongebob XD!)

Well, the hack is good ^.^...
    Good luck!

KostK2Boss

Europe Confirmed!!!
    Years
  • [HOTW #81] Pokemon Aether (Reconstructed)

An unknown guy who says nothing, that was so funny in a good way!
    Anyway, the tileset is amazing, both sprite and pallette. I also like how the main hero has a tough life, having to live on his own and suffering from that obviously-plot-related-seizure. Very original story!

BlitŻ1

guahh my dog is so cute
    Years
  • Thanks, everybody, I'm trying to get somewhere, as I have finally gotten to the part where the player leaves the orphanage, but since i have college and high school, work is REALLY slow.

as for you ash, ill let you join if you can show me some scratch sprites, mainly people and trainers, not pokemon

and there's more of a reason to everything, as why the player is an orphane and such, but that what the story is for

Last edited:

BlitŻ1

guahh my dog is so cute
    Years
  • Woot! Today I have an update ^^

First, I have completed part I, which includes all the events in the Orphange, so now I am working on the first of teh plaer's escape, so for now on, the rest of the game will continue in Days.

Second, we got a new banner, thanks to Codec.

So come on people, join Team AoS and help work on this hack!

I also need some opinions of you guys..should I release a demo fo the game? Or should I wait for a beta?

Last edited:

colcolstyles

Yours truly
    Years
  • Well I went ahead and played the demo (since I had nothing better to do D: ). The story certainly was interesting but the overall low quality of the scripts devalues what would otherwise be a very gripping and captivating storyline. First of all, you seem to never use '\l' in your textboxes, which makes things very annoying when the game only displays one line of text at a time. Also, when I tried to talk to my rival when he told me to take a seat and watch TV (funny segment, by the way^^), there wasn't a script for him. It didn't freeze the game but it still needs to be fixed. I didn't fully test the game to make sure you tied all the loose ends but the hack seemed pretty good in that regard.
    As a side note, you should do something about the beds. The player's head is displayed behind part of the bed when it should be on top of it.

Anyways, I was impressed with the creativity you put into the hack but I was turned off by some parts that were unprofessional and could use some polishing and tidying up. This hack could be very good. It just needs a little more work. Though given that I only played the demo, I think it's safe to assume that this is only a taste of what's to come.

I'm looking forward to further updates :)

BlitŻ1

guahh my dog is so cute
    Years
  • Well I went ahead and played the demo (since I had nothing better to do D: ). The story certainly was interesting but the overall low quality of the scripts devalues what would otherwise be a very gripping and captivating storyline. First of all, you seem to never use '\l' in your textboxes, which makes things very annoying when the game only displays one line of text at a time. Also, when I tried to talk to my rival when he told me to take a seat and watch TV (funny segment, by the way^^), there wasn't a script for him. It didn't freeze the game but it still needs to be fixed. I didn't fully test the game to make sure you tied all the loose ends but the hack seemed pretty good in that regard.
    As a side note, you should do something about the beds. The player's head is displayed behind part of the bed when it should be on top of it.

Anyways, I was impressed with the creativity you put into the hack but I was turned off by some parts that were unprofessional and could use some polishing and tidying up. This hack could be very good. It just needs a little more work. Though given that I only played the demo, I think it's safe to assume that this is only a taste of what's to come.

I'm looking forward to further updates :)

Thanks for the C&C, i redid the stuff you told me about, but I need some more feedback on the scripts, like what devalued them, movements? dialougue, I just gotta know :P

And I know some stuff aren't tied together, but I decided to release the demo just give people a taste on what to come.

School days again...
    Years
  • Are those tiles yours? If not, you should give credits to the owner of it. Anyway, nice screenshots there. Good Luck!

Back