• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Houndoomed's DP Map Making Tutorial

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2013
    thank you this really helped me. Im so close to getting a game started

Years
    • Seen Sep 19, 2012
    This tutorial is very helpful, thanks very much for posting. I've always had trouble with DP Maps.

Years
  • Cool. I could use this for my game. One small problem though. As a couple of other people asked,what program did you use?

It's easy enough to create this in Paint; or I believe that's what he used.

As for you .houndoomed, simply superb tutorial!
    I have made a map for my own game, thanks to you, it actually looks pretty decent! I've got you to thank! :'D

Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2016
    Cool. I could use this for my game. One small problem though. As a couple of other people asked,what program did you use?

Well, I used Paint as it's the most simple and really convenient... but you could use other programs such as Photoshop or Paint.Net, but I find Paint easier to use :)

Sorry for the late reply btw. I rarely come on here (or in fact any forum) anymore.

~JV~

Dev of Pokémon Uranium
    Years
  • I'd recommend using paint.net cause using layers (for the grid for example) makes you don't lose your time in case you make a mistake and also using outlining tools lets me finish some of those steps in seconds xD. Nice tut btw.

Years
  • Houndoomeds DP Map Making Tutorial

TMK is not terrible. TMK is HORRIBLE.

And thats why I dont use it anymore.

The only good thing about it is its easy to use.

So I made this tutorial for people who still wants to use TMK because they are beginners. But they dont want trainers with a crappy template.

Years
    • Seen Mar 7, 2010
    this is the one im looking for ! thank you very much!
    i think im going to make my game soon haha! but before that i need some tutrials!
    once again! thank you

Wilcomon

Best mapper you've ever seen
    Years
    • Seen Dec 20, 2012
    thanks for the rmxp size
    now i have a map fix on rmxp:)

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
    Years
  • Please do not revive topics outside of the allowable limit, unless you are the thread's creator, if you do not know the limit, then check the Rules.

*LOCKED*

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back