• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How are you doing?

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
    Well, a frappuccino is basically your coffee shot(s), flavoring, ice, and a powdered flavoring meant to fill out the flavor, all blended together in a blender. I could not fill it with ice, and instead, fill it with hot water, and just stir everything into one, but the powder doesn't do so well, and just sits at the bottom in a big clump. I told her that I could make a hot americano, which is that without the powder, but she didn't want an americano, she wanted a frappuccino.

Frappuccinos are very rich and thick for a coffee drink, and it gets that way through the blender breaking down the ice into very small pieces. If you replace the ice with hot water, you instead get a drink that's the opposite, very light and strong. You just can't replicate the same type of flavor in a hot drink, and that's what the lady couldn't understand, or refused to.
    people who don't understand how coffee works are literally the worst customers i'm so sorry bb :( also i hope you work at starbucks actually because people coming in and ordering specialty drinks made by OTHER COFFEE CHAINS are damn terrible

In all seriousness though, why not? Like I know it's unconventional but surely if they really want it hot for some reason then... you could just whack it in a microwave or something like that idk

the word frappuccino literally comes from "frappe" (milkshake) & cappuccino (espresso w/ foam). it's not a thing ever done hot haha. a hot version would probably be... a flavored breve with 2x flavor syrup. which in non-barista terms is "rich, cavity-inducing slop"

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
    people who don't understand how coffee works are literally the worst customers i'm so sorry bb :(

the word frappuccino literally comes from "frappe" (milkshake) & cappuccino (espresso w/ foam). it's not a thing ever done hot haha. a hot version would probably be... a flavored breve with 2x flavor syrup. which in non-barista terms is "rich, cavity-inducing slop"
    I don't mind if people ask questions, I'm happy to answer them, it's just when people that don't know refuse to believe you and keep on insisting that they're right.

Well, today us my first day of the work week, so hopefully I won't have her again. That was the first time I actually struggled to get someone to understand, so most of my customers are great. That still doesn't mean I'm looking forward to working, haha.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
    I don't mind if people ask questions, I'm happy to answer them, it's just when people that don't know refuse to believe you and keep on insisting that they're right.

Well, today us my first day of the work week, so hopefully I won't have her again. That was the first time I actually struggled to get someone to understand, so most of my customers are great. That still doesn't mean I'm looking forward to working, haha.
    do you work in an area where most of your customers are regulars on their way to work or like, in a shopping center where it's randoms showing up?

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
    do you work in an area where most of your customers are regulars on their way to work or like, in a shopping center where it's randoms showing up?
    I work in a coffee stand in a grocery store. I also work in the pizza department right next to it, but that's now what we're talking about right now, haha.

I get a mixture of regulars and random people. I would have to say 50/50, or maybe the regulars have a slight numbers advantage. Either way, there are lots of people who I see maybe once every month, or never again.

maccrash

foggy notion
    Years
    I'm doing okay! currently I am afflicted with the Common Cold so that kinda sucks but it's just more of a nuisance than anything. I don't have to go to school until 11 as opposed to the normal 7:30 for the next two days because of standardized testing which is a godsend because I go home the same time as well. my rehearsal schedule for school band shit is winding down a fuckton as well -- most of the competitions are over. on top of that, the weather's getting better and I'll have my license in ~2 months. so things are looking up for little ol' maccrash.

Universe

all-consuming
    Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2016
    i'm a little distraught currently because my mom's really sick.. but i'm still doing okay, i think.

also frappuccinos are delicious and a godsend. bless them and bless the people who make them.

Years
    All this frappuccino talk's making me hungry -stomach grumbles- It also reminds me of the time I was speaking to my sister about them, minor slip-up and my mouth decided to not realize that there was an r in the word so you could imagine what I said...

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    umm not much. The snow is finally melting significantly so you can do things like actually park and walk outside lol. While I'm excited it's getting nice out that also reminds me I need to get back on track weight wise as I had many a snowstorm night eating things and laying around. So I'm starting today. I had a tangerine and a turkey sandwich on wheat bread with two cups of green tea so far today.. and an hour workout so I feel pretty good so far.

Years
    • Seen Jun 26, 2017
    How are you doing?

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
    Years
    I've been in a bit of a rut, but I'm getting out of it slowly. I have no choice, I have some "deadlines" for some personal projects I'm working on coming up soon. It should be pretty exciting though :)

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
    I'm doing great. I woke up a couple of hours ago, ate some turkey and now I'm making some posts before my game of D&D starts.

Doing swell! Woke up early to meet my friend at the mall today and applied for some jobs while there. Bought an awesome cupcake from one of the stores I applied to. Ate chicken teriyaki with sushi at the food court. Journeyed to GameStop and got Mario & Luigi Dream Team.

Then I came home, got my old blue/black 3DS XL, and went back out to my local GameStop to contemplate whether I should trade it in for $100 credit towards the new XL. I didn't. Now I'm here posting, wahey.

Universe

all-consuming
    Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2016
    Doing swell! Woke up early to meet my friend at the mall today and applied for some jobs while there. Bought an awesome cupcake from one of the stores I applied to. Ate chicken teriyaki with sushi at the food court. Journeyed to GameStop and got Mario & Luigi Dream Team.

omg omg omg.

please VM me sometime with your thoughts on this game, because it's my favorite Mario game so far. :'D

PokéMew1

Pokémon Fuchsia
    Years
    omfg I used to work in a starbucks and ALL THE TIME stupid people :|

It feels like 80% of the people who order coffee at coffee shops are middle age no-it-alls who always have some BS problem about there coffee lol.

I'm doing meh today. My days are always so mixed.. I've been trying to turn in an application to a school I'm applying for this past weekend and it has been taking forever. They really make you put thought into thinking about who you really are. (which I honestly don't like :/)

Have a terrible headache from listening to music since 7am until now (midnight). Just a day in life, I suppose :)

Years
    I'm good! Just browsing PC while typing up a homework assignment. Feeling confident about it :3

Years
    I'm good! Just browsing PC while typing up a homework assignment. Feeling confident about it :3

Gotta admit though, I sometimes hate that feeling of being overly confident about assignments, and even worse, exams. Often times once I get the mark back, it's like, "What happened?" ;-;

But on the bright side, won't have to deal with those for another 5 weeks though I dread the day I won't be making monies and instead will be slapped in the face with stress.

Hannah

beep bop boop
    Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Nov 16, 2021
    To be honest, I'm really really really really really really really bored with my life. The number of reallys I've used is not enough to show you how bored I am. School just ended a couple of days ago and it's summer—I should be enjoying myself somewhere that's not here, but I'm not. I'm at home, waiting for my energy to be full again in Kim Kardashian: Hollywood. I'm that bored. And I'm no Phineas or Ferb, I can't build a roller coaster just because I'm bored. I'm also very lazy, mind you.

I'm currently looking for something that's not boring, like a show I could binge-watch or maybe a book. Any suggestions?

Back