• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen How are you going to play the 5th Gen Games?

560cool.

An old timer?
    Years
    I never EV. o_O
    I'll just play through the game (1-2 weeks I guess ?) and then start training another batch of Pokemon (not EVing) to show my brother I still own him in Pokemon after 6 years ! xD

Years
    I never EV train during story mode. I usually just sit back and chill.

But after the storyline, I usually complete pokedex, and then If I want to EV train, I will.

Grim Reminder

That guy who likes Poison Type
    Years
    As for me, I'll probably stick to my usual strategy, I'll stick with a consistent team of 6 until
    I beat the Elite Four (assuming Black/White has them) and then I'll catch more Pokemon and do random side quests. That's how I've done it for as long as I can remember.

Years
    • Seen Jan 23, 2011
    I never EV train. I don't really understand it, but it doesn't appeal to me, I just play for fun :D

halamence

Horror...
    Years
    I will not EV.
    Well I'll go through the game like "la leee daaa a fun strool" (OK I won't!)
    I usually only EV rarely when I've beaten the game.
    So fun for me...

Esmas

General
    Years
    Well I always play through a game just having fun, enjoying all of the wonderful things in the game, but I make sure that each and every Pokémon on my team has a perfect nature. When I'm done the game I'll just reset their EVs with berries and EV train them once I've unlocked all of the game's locations XD; For me, training a Pokémon to Lv. 100 without properly training it seems like a waste...at least, for good-natures Pokémon o3o

Corruptodile

Ma chérie, Je t'aime.
    Years
    • Age 30
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 19, 2016
    I am probably going to, as I'll be very unsure on what EV's would be best, play for fun the first time round. Afterwards I'll probably look at stats and choose ideal natures and appropiate EV's second time and onwards. =)

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    The same way I play all of my games: explore every single corner of every town/city/forest/route, catch all the new pokemon, and train my pokemon like crazy. I feel like the first game in a new generation is special and so it should have your greatest number of pokemon, and most powerful ones, on it.

o0PinkSquid0o

Squidtacular
    Years
    I Don't really understand how to EV Train Pokemon, I am slowly learning though... so I think the first playthrough I will do for fun, just to really enjoy the game, and the second play through, once I've experienced the whole game, I will try to ev train or do things more technical etc.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2011
    i always just play the games for fun mainly because that's my favorite thing about pokemon and i barely ev train after i've beat the game anyways

Pokeyomom

Hoenn no you didn't...
    Years
    I'll most likely get gen 1 pokes as soon as possible:D Then, I will proceed to beat the stuffins out of all the new pokes. That's the plan, man.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2011
    by the time the english games come out we will have obtained info on all of the different pokemon so i may pick my team of six based with the new info and of course i will use pokemon i think look cool

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    I always play through the storyline first before I think about EV training. It's harder to control what Pokemon the one you're EV training will battle when you don't know what a trainer has, or what the Pokemon are in a wild area.

Besides, EV training gives me something to do after the storyline, so the game isn't "finished" as soon as I "win".

dithyrambos

PHANTOM girl
    Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2012
    im going to play through and beat the crap out of it, then im going to EV the crap out of my pokemon :p its what i normally do ahaha

Brilliant post! This is exactly what I'm going to do, and I couldn't have phrased it any better. :Dd

Hamilton

*Creative Quote Goes Here*
    Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2016
    same as always- the 3 Game rule
    i'll start the first game with the grass starter and just try to go through the game
    second i'll pick water and go through getting as many pokemon as i can
    third is fire and i get items and talk to everyone i see

Le Creep!

~don't act blonde.
    Years
    I'm going to catch the Chinchilla Pokémon after getting my starter and a few others. I absolutely love it!

But, I will search every nook and cranny, and find lots of items. Hopefully they will have some new items.

Back