• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen How are you going to play the 5th Gen Games?

smellybellysrock

Legend Of Band Camp: You ready
    Years
    • Seen Aug 8, 2011
    I'm going to get a bunch of rare pokemon, and breed, and sell. And collect shinies.

Ash&pikachuarethebest

Houndoom trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2014
    I'm gonna catch every single Pokemon on the game and train all the ones i like the look of so i can keep changing my team and then once I have finished the game I'm gonna breed all my Pokemon and EV train the ones I want to have for my online battling teams.

Lolfish

One step below magikarp :D
    Years
    all i can say is... beat the game by monopokemoning (zoruak, the starters are sh*t) then import all of my gen 4 pokemon (hopefully they have a pal park type thing) restart gen 4 games, import, restart import, and my pokemon Black version will be EXTREME!

Lol, there already has been a time capsule as like in Gen II confirmed. (From Serebii.net)

same as always- the 3 Game rule
    i'll start the first game with the grass starter and just try to go through the game
    second i'll pick water and go through getting as many pokemon as i can
    third is fire and i get items and talk to everyone i see

Lol I do the same thing, just sort of switched around. I try to match the pokemon to the legendary (Or the pokemon on the cover, in Firered's case)

I plan to hunt down every pokemon, and keep the epic ones in my party. I'm gonna look everywhere for the new items, Talk to everyone, and get pwned by the elite four on my first try, then pwn them my second (Assuming there is a Elite four, there usually is.).

Katie_Q

Pokemon master in the making
    Years
    on white I'll go through catching and training random pokemon. Then when I'm finished that, I'll do a fire mono type on black to continue on from heart gold. and then in the third game, well i'll decide in maybe another year or two.

Years
    I'll just train 8/9 Pokemon to be a bit more versatile, and probably catch anything else on the way, and once I beat the elite four? I will probably go with a new team ;)

Numbers

Say my name
    Years
    As for me, I'll probably stick to my usual strategy, I'll stick with a consistent team of 6 until
    I beat the Elite Four (assuming Black/White has them) and then I'll catch more Pokemon and do random side quests. That's how I've done it for as long as I can remember.

This is what I usually do but this time I'm going to catch every single Pokemon I see and then keep switching my team around until I'm satisfied, then grind grind grind baby!

Years
    • Seen Jan 23, 2011
    I shall catch every Pokemon I see, talk to every trainer, explore every part of the region :D That's the best way to play, imo.

Storm_has_formed

"The Storm is here!!!"
    Years
    I don't know about you guys but I am going to catch and train every pokemon I find on my very first play through of the 5th generation games. That way I can see which pokemon are better from my own experiences.

I usually just catch the first pokemon I find and use them, but I wanted to do something different.

What are you guys going to do when you play the 5th gen games?

i'll probably just go through normally. It's a clean slate so i just want to experience the story going through the game. I want to take my time though. No beating the story within the first 30 hrs.!!!

pichuspark

looooooooooooooool :3
    Years
    Probably use the starter Pokemon until I get Zorua (probably not, I'm gonna choose Tsutaja!) and TRY to not use a Master Ball until I see a roaming legendary I want...

Planetes.

@n_diiv
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    Beast through the game with my starter, and a pokemon with 3 stages that you can catch early than get the legendary and the game's "dragon" and train them.

another fun way to play other than Nuzlocke, is called Motley.

Basically you kind of make your team like Ash's and only 2 fully evolved PKMN are allowed no legendaries, and you are allowed an extra non-evolving pokemon, but multiple non-evolves are counted as the 2 fully evolved.

Here's an example team from my Motley run in LG

Pikachu
    Snorlax
    Charizard
    Lapras
    Dragonair
    Machoke

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 14, 2010
    I'm going to try the minimalist approach and blaze through the game. I won't reset for any reason, like killing a legendary or whiting out.

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    Probably fun at first, then as I get further in the game and know what my final team will be I'll get into EV. I'm still new to it, and frankly it doesn't seem worthwhile..but I'm still gonna do it.

myrrh25

New account soon.
    Years
    I'll do it the way I've done all of my Pokemon games since RSE.

1. 8 Badges.
    2. Defeat the Elite Four + Champion.
    3. Send over my EV trained Pokemon.
    4. EV train some next gen Pokemon.

Now since we can do this:
    5. Upload my SAV file to the internet.
    6. Keep my EV trained SAV file on the internet.
    7. Start game again so I can do Nuzlocke and Monotype challenges, without losing my team.

Years
    I won't EV train until I've had a leisurely run through the game, I don't see the point. For me when you're trying to play through a game EV training is too much hassle.

SkieTheKitsune

Hi, I'm FoxMan! I physically cannot change my user
    Years
    As I've just gotten into EV training last year (thanks to HeartGold and SoulSilver having such easy places to train), I'll definitely be doing it again with Black and White. Of course, I'd have to play through the game first before I do so.

Years
    • Seen Feb 2, 2012
    I will play it and when I pass it I MIGHT EV train. I also might EV train a few levels as I go through the storyline. Just not that much though

Back