• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How Can We Jumpstart the RP Section?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
Years
  • No... but as an eighth year student, I'm so totally gonna get away with it!

Heheh. I'm not guilty. Does this mean I can be a teacher now?

I need to stop spamming. I really, really need to stop spamming.

Oh wait, I had a questiony-thingy... as far as enchantments go, would an experienced or particulary gifted enchanter be able to give temporary life to an inanimate object, or is making living things via enchantment limited to a "frog prince" type scenario?

Okay, since there's some non-spammy stuff for me to say here and this is an important point I'll post: no, enchantment can not give life to an inanimate object. That falls under creation arts, the second of the forbidden branches. At best, an enchanter can make it seem like something inanimate is alive (By manipulating it like a puppet, for instance), but the end product will never be any more or less sentient than the original object. So yeah, a frog prince is viable (since both frogs and princes are sentient beings) but concretely bringing something like a statue or corpse to life is not. :3

Last edited:
    Years
  • I'm still here, got back onproperly yesterday after my connection acting up and logging me off randomly when I signed on. Worst was when I was writing long replies to RPG's and such and it decided to give in, though it did last a while when I was only on MSN because I have wireless. It was weird, but it alas, I am back =D

Anyways, seems like this has all gone well. Kudos!

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    I believe you've posted in the wrong thread. I will move your post to the correct thread. ^^;

JBCBlank

Satanist to the core.
    Years
  • I has a suggestion. *clears throat* An Rp tournament. I have an idea in mind, all I need is for people to agree to the idea so that I can get the ball rolling, I'll arrange everything, Prizes, the plot, even sponsers if I need them. I just think that something like this would make our Rpers go.. .Ooooo I can win a prize for doing something I love.

~JBCBlank

Shiney

Sometimes, we come back!
    Years
  • Well, I admit my activity here from the other side hasn't exactly been what I've hoped it to be, but if I get a good setup, I should be able to give some new ideas. In my exile, I've been exposed to some somewhat new art forms, and I might be able to come up with some new idceas, or should I at least say, new viewpoints, or new styles that might be able to get some interest. I know it's a bit vague, but I don't want to let any details go until I get my plan together more, so cross your fingers and pray for my successful conversions of these new ideas to a PC-friendly format!

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
    Years
  • Umm...you guys do realize that this topic concerns a situation that will be celebrating its one-year anniversary in a matter of days, right? The peoples came back, the section is alive, and there are more new faces than I care to count.

Problem solved. =D

Years
  • Seems this area of the RPG's has died yet again XP

I know my Draconia RPG didn't go through because I left for a while so I apologise for that...but maybe its time for another revival idea? XD

Renneh

I know A Bot
    Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2009
    I've got an idea for a roleplay that I see almost everywhere, look out for it because I'm sure it will be something everyone likes. ^^

Necromancy

you wanna hear me roar?
    Years
  • I'd love to see a Naruto RP around, as I've been dying to sign up for one of them. If there was one I'd definitely join. I personally wouldn't start one myself because I haven't made my own RP since last year iirc. :3 I'd be happy to help someone with ideas and the like, but running it wouldn't be my thing.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back