• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How can you type like that?

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2018
    I look at the keyboard while I'm preparing to type something, then after that, I just watch the screen and fix any typos as I go. I know where each key is, but only when I'm actually typing. I don't need to see the keyboard, and I can feel when I've mistyped something, even if I'm not watching the screen/keyboard. I never learned how to type "properly"...this is just from having far too much practice. I:

I remember being timed once to find out how quickly I type, but it was a while back, and I can't remember what it was. Apparently it was pretty impressive, though.

Edit:
    I just now seen Mac's post and realized that I type similarly to the way he described. I don't use my thumbs at all, though.

Years
  • I type really fast. I don't even look at the keyboard when I type. I use both hands when I type, using two or three fingers on both hands to reach certain keys.

Years
  • I type with all of my fingers except my pinky I believe. I guess I use it sometimes but I don't think often, and I type pretty fast and don't have to look at the keyboard unless I'm typing numbers. I used to have to look at the keyboard but I've been typing so much for so long that I don't need to look any more lol. I've tried just using two fingers and it is just way too slow. I get frustrated with how slow it is, haha.

manadhon

RTX-008L
    Years
  • I have an odd manner of typing, mostly a result of forgetting the so-called "proper" form, and getting into programming. I always look at the keyboard, but would still be regarded as a fast typer (although typos are commonplace). Rather than take the time to use the shift key for capitalization, I use caps lock. Call me crazy, but it saves me a lot of time.

As for my phone, I primarily use only my right thumb. Typing with two fingers, even on my large smartphone, is out of the question.

Years
  • I have an odd manner of typing, mostly a result of forgetting the so-called "proper" form, and getting into programming. I always look at the keyboard, but would still be regarded as a fast typer (although typos are commonplace). Rather than take the time to use the shift key for capitalization, I use caps lock. Call me crazy, but it saves me a lot of time.

Constant programming caused you to forget the "proper" typing form? I would assume it would be the opposite because I'm just getting into programming languages myself, and I'm still typing the same way as I did before: not bothering to look at the keyboard. Could be a result of me being a beginner, but I like keeping a constant lookout on potential mistakes in the coding that could screw the entire program up.

manadhon

RTX-008L
    Years
  • Constant programming caused you to forget the "proper" typing form? I would assume it would be the opposite because I'm just getting into programming languages myself, and I'm still typing the same way as I did before: not bothering to look at the keyboard. Could be a result of me being a beginner, but I like keeping a constant lookout on potential mistakes in the coding that could screw the entire program up.

Not at all. I simply forgot because I was lazy, and truth be told, I was never very good at typing without looking at the keyboard in the first place. My constant use of caps lock is a result of programming.

greenking13

LORD OF ZHERRY
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2014
    I am something like you rainbow, I usually type with only two fingers, although I do use my pinkie quite of often to backspace, and other fingers for etc. 50WPM! (I know, slow to those who can do 90WPM, but I had the third highest type speed in my typing class. Stupid guy with 82WPM. :( )

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2023
    I type using the "traditional" two-hand method. I'm generally a fairly fast typist, though I've been switching keyboards a lot lately (two laptops, one of which has more widely-spaced keys than the other), which has been slowing me down a bit. I just got about 90 WPM on a typing test I pulled up quickly online.

Years
  • I use both of my hands to type, though I use my right hand more than my left. Usually when I type, I typically begin keystrokes with my right hand, and use my left hand for easy access to keys on the left side of the keyboard just so I don't have to move my hand.

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
  • My fashion? I seriously don't know. But I think it's like I just place my hands on the keyboard and they just type automatically lol. xDD

Although I semi use the asdfjkl; way because I used to learn it back at elementary. Just that I'm doing unconsciously lol. xD

Phantom1

[css-div="font-size: 12px; font-variant: small-cap
    Years
  • I just sort of type by muscle memory. I don't look a the keyboard or anything. I don't use my thumbs though, I noticed. I don't use the home keys or whatever, just memory type.

I type super fast though, usually over 90 wpm.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I don't look at the keyboard, seriously I'm more confused if I look than if I don't. I've tested my muscle memory by thinking of words and moving my fingers without a keyboard below, as if I wanted to write the word out. My fingers remember where the buttons sit :p I think I write pretty fast, any faster and my keyboard can't really put the letters in the right order because I press them down at once.

My left thumb, I've realized, doesn't do much, if anything. My right thumb is the "space-presser". My left little finger presses "shift" but I don't think my right little finger does anything at all. Huh! My right ring finger or whatever the English term is, is the one to press '

Funny how we've learned to express ourselves through a keyboard, when you really think about it.

Back