• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How cold/hot is it where you are?

Peeky Chew

Master of Palettes
Years
  • Winter 2009 in Britain is really showing the effects of global warming to its full:
    Winter2009.png

The coldest temparature here in the UK so far has been -17 celcius but weather forcasts predict as low as -20. In Cumbria where I live there's been snow for about 3 weeks and the ski slope in the lake district has been opened for the longest amount of time in years.
    So how cold or warm is it where you live?

Sorry if this is aganst the rules in any way, never been in this section.

Last edited:

Jason C

The Alt that got away...
    Years
  • Over here it's -10 to -20 Celsius. (Spelling?)
    Global warming? It doesn't feel like that....this is the coldest winter I have ever had. The snow has been here for almost a month. A new record! ^_^

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2013
    It's 47 F (9 C) in Texas. Not near as chilly as any of the above posters, but cold enough for me to not want to go outside. o3o

Years
  • I'm so glad to be back in California and its relatively warm 50°F / 10°C temperatures. A light jacket is all I need. It feels like summer after living in below-freezing temperatures.

Anxiety.

Walking on sunshine.
    Years
  • Iunno the tempreture, but we have atleast two inches of snow on the ground. So thats nice for me.
    I've had no school yesterday, today, and I have none tomorrow.

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    About - 20C (-4F) right now.

Though I can say I've been in both extremes (in different countries).

+50C (122F)
    -50C (-58F)

Caelus

Gone
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2013
    It's 29F (-2C) in my place.
    It's pretty cool, but bearable.

That said, I don't think I'll be going to school tomorrow. :D

ArcanineOod

DESU.
    Years
  • I'm in south east England, and my school isn't running. My school's never closed for a snow day. Ever. Not once in its long history.
    The staff simply can't get in, that's how cold and snowy it is. So yeah, it's a bit nippy out there, one could say. I don't know the exact temperature.

xX

Blue Nocturne

Not THAT one.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 6, 2013
    It's freezing! That's all you need to know. All the pretty snow has turned to ice, which is great for sledding BTW. But, despite the cold, i still sleep with a fan blowing on me!

Glitch.

maybe making a comeback
    Years
  • I'm in Canada.
    It was -41 degrees Celsius today and our school went to see the Olympic torch.
    you guys have it good up there.

EDIT: we also have about 20-30 centimeters of snow.

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
    Years
  • Now I can make you all seem extra cold. Seeing as I live in Australia and it's Summer, well.. you can expect it to be hot.

Right now it's 37 degrees Celcius and in Fahrenheit that's 99 degrees, if I recall correctly. And it's only 11:17 PM. :(

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
  • Right now where I am it's is about 38 degrees C but the weather reporter said that today and tommorow is going to be hot! About 40 - 44 degrees C but Im in the contry too so add a few more degrees onto the estimated and you have got one hell of a hot day! :( But I'm going swimming later! :)

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • I can't convert it into centigrade at the moment, but new York City is freezing cold nowadays. So, It's below 0 degrees Celsius. : )

Yuukihime

I'm allergic to people.
    Years
  • It's actually been quite mild here in Southern California 30 degree down at night 45ish degrees early morning by afternoon we hit 70 degrees ish. I like winter but summer = -_-;

Back