• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen How did you defeat Whitney?

Years
  • Seen Oct 1, 2010
I don't even remember the battle, I guess I didn't have too much trouble then since it was only 2 days ago xD

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 22, 2011
I didn't think Whitney was suppost to be hard... but I did spend half the day getting coins for my dratini and sandshrew. so having both or just dratini might have sped it up, it only took 1 try with I think 1 maby no pokemon fainting. I found the second gym the hardest battle in the whole game other then the champion because I picked chikorita as my starter. Stupid syther...

Dawg 2005

The original Dawg 2005
Years
Whitney was actually really easy for me. She didn't use Rollout but one time, and it missed. :) I guess I just got lucky. Needless to say, though, I was pretty disappointed, since she was so difficult all those years ago.

Years
  • Seen Nov 28, 2020
I'm about to face Whitney, just training up a wee bit more. I have a Heracross which should do the job for me, plus Croconaw is strong. Not sure Zubat or Flaffy will be any use to me though.

Cresselia

Plasma Elite
Years
Just kept hitting it hard with my Feraligatr. She kept using milk Drink, and I'd try to get her a little more than halfway down before I used my more powerful attacks to wipe it out.

Dillon_68

Lover of Winter
Years
Beat her on my first try, unlike GS where I would die horribly. My Bayleef used Poisonpowder and Synthesis when needed and my Flaafy used Thunderwave on the Clefairy. I didn't even know she still had Rollout until my friend said she pwned his Quilava with it.XD She never used it once on me, only Stomp.

Fli

Years
  • Seen Dec 30, 2011
I thought she was actually easy compared to what I had read here. Here's how my first and only battle went:

Whitney sends out clefairy.
Cyan (female quilava lv 20-something) used flamewheel and took it down to like 1 or 2 HP (I thought it had fainted, but alas, no).
Clefairy used Mimic (HeHe too bad you won't have chance use use this new move).
Whitney use super potion which healed Clefairy almost all the way up.
Lucky me, I thought she would do that and I had Cyan use flamewheel again.
Clefairy fainted. (me: yes!!)

Then Whitney sends out Miltank and I leave in Cyan (me: this should be fun).
Whitney comes on and says she still has 1 pokemon left, but I don't really care; I want to battle.
Cyan uses flamewheel (puts Miltank in yellow?).
Miltank uses stomp (me: please don't flinch, aw...Cyan flinched).
Miltank uses Milkdrink
Cyan uses flamewheel again which makes Miltank faint.
me: Yes, yes, yes, that wasn't too bad!

Of course Whitney crying really freaked me out, where was my badge? (But then, I figured it out, I would have started to cry if I didn't get my badge.):laugh:

Neutrino

The Jelly-Stuff of legend...
Years
I bought SoulSilver this afternoon, and I'm IN LOVE WITH IT xD

But really? I'm just about to battle Whitney now, so I'm gonna read all of your tips. I'll post some of my own afterwards. Wish me luck :)

Dr Glocktor

The Ashbringer
Years
Heracross makes her so, so much easier. Destroyed her with that bug.

Morty, on the other hand is a different story.

MrGhost

Spooky Scary~
Years
Well, before fighting her I made sure all my pokemon were trained around one or two levels above hers, and then using my Nidoking's (Nidorino at the time) Double kick. It was pretty easy, from what I can remember....

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen May 7, 2010
I bought SoulSilver this afternoon, and I'm IN LOVE WITH IT xD

But really? I'm just about to battle Whitney now, so I'm gonna read all of your tips. I'll post some of my own afterwards. Wish me luck :)

Good luck! 8D
Although, you will probably find you won't need it. :3

Alpha_Spike

Ace Trainer
Years
I don't want to brag but I defeated her using my level 19 Kadabra on my first try. The only gym who has ever defeated my whole team in Heart Gold has been Jasmine.

Years
  • Seen Nov 28, 2020
Well I wanted to post yesterday but my internet was messed up.

I found her rather easy. I eased past Clefairy with a Heracross.

For Miltank I sent out Flaffy. Miltank went first and paralyzed itself following a Rollout. It's Lum Berry cured it but I'd smartly used Thunder Wave to re-Paralyze it. I then proceeded to just keep using Growl. The Paralysis meant she couldn't get very many Rollouts to hit. I hit with three Growls before Flaffy was knocked out. I then sent out Zubat and used Taunt, followed by U-Turn. Whitney used a Super Potion, but it was no match for Heracross which just hit it with consecutive Brick Breaks.

Easy :) Silver was harder in Azelea town due to his Bayleef which took ages to beat with a Zubat that had yet to learn Wing Attack.

Years
the key to beating any trainer is simple Grind... Grind until you cant grind anymore and you want to put the game down and pick it up later. thats what i do

The snorlax master

Jonny boy
Years
Well, even though my highest level Pokemon was somewere around lv.22, I still couldn't beat her. Eventually, I just traded a Drowzee for a Machop in the department store, leveled it up a few levels and then beat her.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jul 10, 2010
I traded over a Machop and beat her with a combination of seismic toss and Karate Chop.

Years
  • Seen Apr 24, 2011
havent got there yet just got out of ilex forest with 8hours of gameplay im taking my time lol
and highest pokemon is my quilava lv17 so far and the rest go from lv10-lv15

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen today
She wasn't that hard. I used several X Attacks and X Defends on Aipom against the Clefairy, and then Headbutted the crap out of them. Unfortunately, Miltank beat Aipom at the last second so Qwilava had to get all the experience. All that work and no reward for Aipom...

That was only two weeks ago, but it feels like it was a long time ago.

Foxnordic

Common trainer
Years
i basically winged it and i beat her on my first try, i just used jihad-geodude aka send out geodude to use selfdestruct on her miltank and win

Back