• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen How did you defeat Whitney?

Wolf in the Rain

BACK???????????
Years
At first it was fine, she had switched to Milktank I had put the cow and the Miltank to sleep *Comedy Drum roll* and the thing was low on health. Unfortunately, it work up and got a lucky double stomp on my Croconaw and took out my Pigeotto pretty quick, but my Gastly and Slowpoke managed to take it out. Now get this, she re-sends out Clefairy. FIRST she Metronomes a Psychic to destroy Gastly, then Metronomes a Fissure (Which luckily misses my Slowpoke), so I use a Tackle, which brings Clefairy down to 1 F-ing HP. With one more turn, her Clefairy uses Metronome and... *pauses for dramatic effect* conjures up AEROBLAST T.T
Needless to say, I was pretty ticked... All better tho, I made her cry the next time x3

Gemini Pika

Sprite Master
Years
I had beat Whitney on my first try, and this was my actual first time facing her. Her Clefairy was simple, the Miltank I took down with my Meganium, though Miltank did use Milk Drink, though it should be Chocolate Milk Drink since it looks brownish, but othr than that it wasn't a problem. XD

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Dec 2, 2013
I'm doing the Nuzlocke challenge, and I lost my gastly agianst her. :(
But my geodude's rollout + poison was enough to take it out

Arc

[img]http://i.imgur.com/kieFJln.gif[/img]
Years
On my Japanese version of Soul Silver, It took me 4 tries just to obtain my Plain Badge, since my team was very unprepared. It was a Gastly, Quilava, and a Pidgeotto. I did not enjoy that battle.

On my English version of the game, I fared much better in obtaining the plain Badge. My team was much more prepared with Flaffy was the only Pokemon used in the battle.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
IIRC, I spammed Sand Attack via Pidgeotto, which soon fainted. Then, I easily knocked out Miltank with my Azumarill. I felt cheated for wasting my time preparing for this "difficult" battle when it was easy for me. :(

Now, Bugsy and Clair were another story. :(

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
Yeah, my little friend Anti the Heracross came in a Brick Breaked the heck out of Clefairy and Miltank...wasn't much trouble as you can imagine ^_^

Vociferocity

[ bad girls do it well ]
Years
hit it with a leer or two from my spearow, and then low kicked it to oblivion with my trusty machop. easy as pie.

I was expecting the battle to be way harder, but it's not like I mind having an easy time of it :)

NatureKeeper

On my friend's R4, it was the japanese but meh. She was pretty, well, tough. However, Goldenrod has revives for a reason. Togepi and Ekans, although small, helped damn well, giving me a healing chance for Croconaw. Apparently, the stomping business does so much damage, but Ice Fang FTW. I won:

In the 6th try on his English. (Which we quitted.)
In the 1th try on his Japanese. (Which we are still playin')

Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2011
I didn't remember her being so tough, but the first time I fought her I ended up getting stomped to death despite being a good 7 levels higher. So the second time I just threw out Ghastly, laid a Curse, then had my starter soak up damage until Curse killed it. Easy!

Years
I took her on yesterday and almost got my butt handed to me. I ended up training up some female Pokemon, namely my Butterfree, Ivysaur, and Spearow. When I got to her I thought I was prepared... boy was I wrong. I easily took out her first Pokemon, but when she brought out Miltank it got crazy. She repeatedly used Rollout on my Spearow and Butterfree. They were weak to it so they pretty much got 2hko.

I brought out my Ivysaur as my last resort. I kept using Take Down since it was the best attack I had. I got her down to almost no health and then she used a Super Potion. Then I kept getting her down but Miltank healed herself. Finally my Ivysaur ended up dying and I just threw out whatever I had. Which didn't really work, all my other Pokemon were level 13 and below. So they got mowed down, then I finally threw out Onix, a level 12 male.

I used Rock Throw over and over, and got her down. Then she used attract so I switched out, threw out Mareep and used Flash multiple times to lower her accuracy. Mareep ended up getting killed so I threw out Onix once again and spammed Rock throw. I killed her with 5 hp left on my Onix and all my other Pokemon dead.

Nashton

A Trainer Of Great Skill.
Years
what i did was used pidgotto used whirlwind on clairfairy (so i can deal with miltank first)
then switched to cyndaquil and used smokescreen 3 times or so then battled normally.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Ohio
  • Seen Jul 8, 2013
I beat her my first try. Whitney is the only gym leader where I play unfairly. I took out her Clefairy pretty easily. Then once Miltank came out, I threw out ol' Hoothoot to use Hypnosis. While Miltank was asleep, I threw in Sandshrew and spammed Sand-Attack. That lasted 3 turns before Miltank woke up. She got lucky and hit Sandshrew with attract, so I switched to Flaafy and spammed Flash lol. Then, it was clobberin' time. I sent in Croconaw to destroy her, since Rollout isn't very effective against a water-type. Luckily she barely landed stomp. The Plain Badge was claimed as my prize, and I tasted the tears of a sore loser. That's mah candeh!

colcolstyles

Yours truly
Years
Though I admit to having a lot of difficulty with her back in the original games, this time around she was much easier. I simply sent in my Gastly, used Curse, survived a Rollout, then used Hypnosis and stalled her out while the Curse took a whopping 1/4 of her health per turn. I find that Gastly is great as a suicide pokémon, allowing me to take down any foe as long as I have something to prolong the battle with.

Beelzebub

under the crimson air
Years
  • Seen Feb 18, 2013
Yeah, she was pretty easy for me. I took out Clefairy (which didn't even use Metronome) with Pidgeotto, and when she switched out Miltank I used Hypnosis with Gastly, switched to Quilava and did a few Flame Wheels.

Zebeedoo

Always remember to smile. ~
Years
She wasn't that hard for me. I only had a Bayleef at the time. I used PoinsonPowder + Lots of Super Potions. I beat her on my 2nd try. =)

Years
  • Seen Sep 10, 2010
Took me a few tries to beat the Cowtank of doom. She would always use attract on my pokemon who were all males. That's what usually killed me when I battle her.

LegendaryPokeBreeder

Did you get the pecan sandies?
Years
All I had was a good old Geodude with some good defense and attack, then followed up with a Wooper with a strong attack stat and Rock Smash :D Peeeasy! The most trouble I've had with a gym leader was Morty's Gengar.

Taichi

The Keyblader of The Future
Years
  • Seen Sep 14, 2012
First Try for me.

Nidorino+Double Kick+Faith in Pokemon=Win.

Back