• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen How did you defeat Whitney?

cjlaw

A unknown fighter
Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 4, 2012
    I defeated whitney with my kangaskhan, she didn't have a chance. My kangaskhan out speeded her and hit harder too and couldn't get attracted to her milktank because kangaskhan was female. My kangaskhan was around level 25 or something i can't really remember.

Shiroi Alucard

White Knight
    Years
  • She was pretty easy to me, I had traded for a Snorunt, and had used a newly hatched Snorunt to beat her, I only had slight trouble with her miltank who just didn't seem to wanna die.

Lexxy

sup brah?
    Years
  • My bayleaf totally 1 hit ko'ed whitney's miltank straight up. It was badass, my friends were like R U SRS!???

That's the first 1 hit ko I've ever done and it was on a Pokemon that's really kinda hard to defeat :]

NickofTime

Dancin' like a dragon
    Years
  • On heart gold i did not use focus BOOM i used swords dance gligar and set up on clefary AND i used the down b trick, it works ever time =P
    traded the tm over

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
    Years
  • Question: Where did the other thread go? The thread:

"You tried and you tried, how did you beat her?"

I used Search and couldn't find it. The thread wasn't by BeachBoy; was the old thread merged with BeachBoy's duplicate / newer thread (this one)?

and Miltank is easy in HGSS. I took it down with Vulpix.

Absinthe

share the space
    Years
    • Seen May 2, 2010
    I don't remember, I just had tons of trouble cause all my Pokemon were male. e_e I just barely managed her Miltank with my Flaaffy, which was conveniently female for once and she missed right before I got lucky and took out the last of her HP when my Flaaffy was down to about < 20 HP.

Erin

Exceptionally Adequate
    Years
    • Age 32
    • SA
    • Seen Nov 14, 2010
    Then came milktank. I switched out to my intimidate growlithe. Then I constantly switched out and brought growlithe back in untill his attack power wasn't a threath anymore. Also I kept using leer with my crocknaw in between. Then I did a flame wheel and BAM 1hit-KO
    I thought I was the only one who would've done this!!!
    It's kind of cheap, sure, but I hate, hate, HATE Miltank >=((

Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2021
    One word: Wobbuffet

He smashed up the Miltank. Mind you, Clefairy was a ***** because metronome bought on substitute >.<. Whitney was idioic and used both her super potions on clefairy so wobbuffet pwned miltank. Unforetunately wobbuffet did die with Miltank having (at a guess) 10 hp, but my onix came in and rock smashed (he was my only poke after I had tried to train weaker ones with clefairy, only being stopped by substitute). This was the fifth time I versed her so I was kinda getting deperate and then I thought, "Hang on. Pokewalker has a route with Wobuffet". So obviously I got him.

PS: Talking about pokewalker, I got flychu and surfchu as well with the yellow forest route. I'm sooooooooooooo lucky. :D

I-Like-Shiny-Pichu

ClariS <3
    Years
  • Very difficultly, mind you Whitney always has been a pain fom me, in the end (as always *rolls eyes*) I defeated her with my level 10 togepi... it then evolved into a level 12 togetic, it is still a level 12 togetic now and I am about to fight red...

@ banngr: how did you get a flychu and surfchu, I have been on yellow forest for 3 days now and no sufchu or flychu just loads of c**p level 10 c**pchu's, excuse the language lol

Clefairies

I'm always chasing rainbows.
    Years
    • Seen Aug 12, 2016
    Well, I went to Whitney's Gym unprepaired, roughly the same level and she was an actual breeze. I didn't need any tactic to defeat Miltank, I just powered through.
    I am unsure if I just got lucky or not though (:

Zeta Sukuna

Descendant of the Inchlings
    Years
  • I powered through a couple levels underlevelled. I had to use a couple of Super Potions, but it was easy enough. She didn't come near to killing any of my pokemon.

ichuesther

The girl with the Charizard.
    Years
  • I have to say that Whitney p*ssed me off quite much -_-
    I was VERY unprepared, and seeing her as a normal-type trainer, I thought she would be weak.
    But I can't remember what i did, but i don't use battle items or stat moves so I guess i just won a long devastating battle.
    Always expect the unexpected!

Chαmpion Leaf

Red? Who's that?
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2010
    Dragon Rage. I love you, Dratini.

Of course, I had to use my favorite electric sheep to paralyze the thing first, as Dratini can't survive a single Stomp. My mareep could (or was it flaafy by then?) but the cursèd cow had a lum berry, so I had to swap her out to heal up and lose some other team members in the process. Of course, my sacrificial lamb soon perished too--but the speed delay and lucky paralysis was sufficient to let Dratini get in two dragon rages.

Back