• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen How did you defeat Whitney?

Rocket Executive Josh

Rocket Executive
Years
  • I had Flaffy (level 17) sent out against clefairy. Used 5 X Defences and 4 X Specials, while Clefairy paralyzed itself. I then KO'd it with a couple of thundershocks. Oh yeah, before the battle I taught Flaffy Thunder. So Miltank came out. It used stomp, which took about 5HP of Flaffy, then Flaffy used Thunder to 1HKO Miltank :D

Katie_Q

Pokemon master in the making
    Years
  • Took out clefairy with my quilava, then spammed smokescreen on miltank. Then used my flareon a killed it

Toxicroak

Mustard
    Years
  • How did you defeat Whitney?

perfect representation. STOMP!

i got lucky and landed head but 4 times made it flinched 3 times (the fourth time KOing it) while my typhlosion was infatuated. phew!

.тαмєя

Typloshion Lover :D
    Years
    • Age 26
    • UK
    • Seen Jun 9, 2010
    Very easily in my opinion since I had heracross on my side a couple of Brick Breaks and she was down and crying like a new-born baby =D

.тαмєя

Typloshion Lover :D
    Years
    • Age 26
    • UK
    • Seen Jun 9, 2010
    Actually not, In 2nd gym town forgot the name xD
    Headbutt the tree on the left by the pokecenter and a spearow appears kill it and then try again and you usually find a Heracross lurking in there Lv3 mine was :P

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    That name... DONT MENTION WHITNEY!!!!!!!!
    Okay so in HG (jp) i beat her on the first try... but it was a very, very, very looonnngggg battle I had brought loads of super potions and I think I brought a few revives aswell... clafairy wasnt that hard but its ability was annoying... in the end croconaw saw the end to it :D Next up it was whitney's milktank... luckily for me, I must say, she never used rollout once for me accept at the end :D But... attact... urg... in the end... after loads of super potions I beat her!

In SS (Which I brought march 31, uk :D) It took me 3 trys to beat her... clafairy was easy with my quilava and on the third try i beat milktank with a crictical hit!

zommy08

Crimson Trainer
    Years
  • Team: Bayleef, Flaaffy, Togepi
    Clefairy: Metronome, Peck :P on Flaaffy
    Flaaffy: ThunderShock, critical hit, OHKO :)
    Flaaffy: Thunder Wave on Miltank
    Miltank: CURSE THAT ANNOYING LUM BERRY
    Miltank: Rollout
    Flaaffy: ThunderShock
    Miltank: Rollout again
    Flaaffy: ThunderShock again
    Miltank: Rollout AGAIN, Flaaffy fainted
    Miltank: Stomp on Bayleef, Bayleef flinches :(
    Miltank: Stomp
    Bayleef: PoisonPowder
    Miltank: Rollout AAAGGGAAAIIINNN
    Bayleef: Headbutt
    Miltank: Rollout AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNN
    Bayleef: Razor Leaf, Miltank fainted :)
    Whitney: FEAR THE AWESOMENESS OF CRYBABY ATTACK MWAHAHA
    Whitney: oh right here have the bloomin' plain badge OF DOOM
    I think I made 3/4 of that up :P
    I'm not so sure I should remember since I'm already in Blackthorn City. :P

Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2010
    Ugh... Whitney.
    My team at the time was Bulbasaur, Pidgeotto, and Growlithe.

Growlithe took out Clefairy, and then weakened Miltank, then Pidgeotto continued that, then Bulbasaur narrowly finished it with a critical Razor Leaf.
    Bad Whitney...

Years
    • Seen Aug 5, 2010
    Trading Graveler and Machoke to Platinum and then back to evolve them into golem and machamp respectively made this gym very very easy, I only remembered this ***** of a miltank when it was thrown out and so I was glad I'd decided to evolve these 2 for my pokedex.

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
  • So I've been constantly berated for my team choice in HeartGold and I feel quite proud of my "little engines that could" today.

I entered the battle against Whitney with a Croconaw, a Flaaffy, an Ivysaur, and a Togepi. I didn't have much of a strategy, but when the battle started, I instantly paralyzed her Clefairy and then took him down in about three ThunderShocks.

So I went against Miltank next, obviously. Paralyzed him right away, but it had a berry that healed it, so Flaaffy paralyzed again and ThunderShocked a few times, but in the end, it took out my Flaaffy. Then Ivysaur came out, because I wasn't sure if Whitney could heal Paralysis and Ivysaur has Sleep Powder, so that'd be my next move. But I ended up Leech Seeding it and Razor Blading a lot, but that stupid Milk Drink move kept healing it. So thanks to the advice of a good friend, I just let it whittle away at its Milk Drink PP until it practically ran out.

It kept using Attract, so I kept swapping between Croconaw and Ivysaur, whittling away constantly at its HP. Croconaw would Bite it and cause it to flinch, stopping it from using Milk Drink if it had any left. Then I pulled out my Togepi for a final blow, since we neared the end (Whitney also used a Super Potion at some point) and so I used Metronome and Togepi landed on some bird move that repeatedly attacked Miltank. Miltank managed to land a final Stomp in, but the Leech Seed scraped away that last bit of HP, ending the battle about 8 minutes after it began.

So I'm proud of my team. They don't suck, despite what I've been told frequently. :>

Cheyanne

I have Yusei Fudo's Zorua.
    Years
  • Well um, embarassing but I started the game off a little late because you know the man in the first town, Cherrygrove, that shows you around and crap? Well I dreaded talking to him SO much that I trained my Cyndaquil into a level 19 Quilava before I finally asked my boyfriend to talk to the man for me, from there I easily sweeped Whitney as well as the other two because of my level difference. On my Heartgold game, I still had a Cyndaquil (didn't evolve it) so I used smokescreen and her rollout keep missing.

Years
  • Whitney was essentially the equivalent of a regular trainer. I just spammed my strongest move and she went down in a few turns. I wasn't over-levelled or anything; Miltank just got nerfed (does it even have Milk Drink now?) and I guess I was lucky that my Quagsire was female, although I didn't think anything of it until after the match. I was disappointed to be honest :[

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    There was no challenge for me, I just used Ember or Flame Wheel, whichever my Quilava had at the time.

TrilbyMenetti

HeartGold trainer
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Mar 3, 2011
    I wasn't looking forward to taking on Whitney after all the trouble she gave me in Gold all those years ago. Curse you pink haired lady for almost ruining my childhood.

Anyway, when I got to her in HeartGold, she really wasn't that bad at all and beat her in one go, unlike Gold where it took me a long time to do so. Yes, Milk Drink and Attract are irritating, but Stomp isn't too bad if you don't get flinched and Rollout isn't as intemidating as it once was for me.

I had more trouble with Bugsy in all honesty.

Jack Kentnon

Derp Trainer
    Years
  • Traded Drowzee for Machop
    Lucked out with a female one.
    Won.

No effort required. I thanked Machp "Mucle" for all her hard work, and deposited her in the box.

I have been doing that since the Gold-en days.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Surprisingly, I beat her on my first go with low Level 20's (Onix & Bayleef) I was expecting to get beat atleast 4/5 times, Or more.. :P

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    The most recent battle with Whitney resulted in Croconaw and Geodude taking care of business on my first try, but I was scared of her =/

Back