• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How did you get your username?

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
Years
  • My current display name is no rocket science. Just a mix mash between two of my favorite characters in their respective games. Xin Zhao (League of Legends), and Zhao Yun (Dynasty Warriors, ROTK, ACTUAL HISTORY). And not to mention, Xin Zhao himself IS AN EXPY of Zhao Yun. But lately for simplicity's sake, "Xin" is a far better way of calling me out. Xin (心) meaning "one's feelings or disposition" and being a person who's more emotion and feeling based (thus RAGE, YEAH ALWAYS WITH THE RAGE) or my trust and confidence with something (like my abilities) or to someone (my friends)

My other handle which I could have used for this forum at least, since its the handle I've used most in my life, my later years would be "DarkNegima" (I know, so much EDGE). DarkNegima.. well its simple. "Dark" = Cool. Putting Dark in anything makes you sound EDGY like "DarkShotgun", "DarkBlade", "Darkman", "DarkShadow" and why Negima? because at the time of thinking of a new handle, I was also reading WAY TOO MUCH NEGIMA, thus DarkNegima. Yep. EDGY. This was the handle i used in playing Heroes of Newerth where one of my historic moments during the closed to open beta, that i still remember was winning a 3v5 game and being the MVP (Scoring a Penta) and a fed as hell Madman (the character/hero who i used to main until the actual release of HoN where he was nerfed so badly). Since then, I've used that handle when I'm playing certain multiplayer games that I would be taking as seriously as I can (League being one, the other could have been the DOOM 2016 multiplayer portion)

Years
  • If one remembers my original username, it had Hikari in it which means "light" but it rather came out of my love towards a certain female protagonist from Pokemon at the time. Over time, I grew out of that phase and it didn't have much significance to me anymore.

Oshawott has since become my fave Pokemon, whose Japanese name is Mijumaru. So I put the two together and formed the name I go under today. The issue is some people thought I got it from Naruto, likely because it's one letter off from Shikamaru.

Cay

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2022
    Back when I was a pretty large anime fan, I was pretty obsessed with this song, which inspired my name. It has kind of stuck by now, though, so I kept it. (Also the first name I registered PC with).

Last edited:

Dracowyn

Hell's Traffic Accident
    Years
  • I always name myself Drake whenever I play as a male character in video games. I used that name on the first forums I joined too about a year or ten ago, but since it's a real name as well it's usually taken.

So I came up with this one, based on the name Drake (well, loosely). And it's never taken on anything which is really handy~

The Real AAA

Guess who's back!
    Years
  • every video game i've played i name my character or file AAA even in Pokemon games and when ill get a high score in arcade machines back then

Years
  • snivy.jpg

semi

the magnificent steiner
    Years
    • Seen Oct 24, 2023
    It represents my inferior half. I'm the better one.

At least, I think that's what it means.

Limey-chan

Batzu
    Years
  • A friend and former user used to call me it a lot, so it stuck.

'Limey' came from the fact i'm British, and she added the 'chan' because reasons.

Years
  • I first picked up this username during a visit to Corfu shortly before I joined PC in 2005. My dad had arguments with the manager there and signomi is a word they used repeatedly. In Greek it is commonly used as an apology or as means of excusing oneself, but I found it quite a pretty word on its own and decided to roll with it when I joined the forum.

Midi

Charming Ghost~
    Years
  • Mine's a nicknamed someone called me which was short for my usual username, SereneMidnight. That one I came up on a whim by combining my favorite character from Riviera: The Promised Land and my favorite time of day. It's also a joke on how Serene's skills in the game always started with "Serene" followed by another word.

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • Two sources really for mine. I'm a big fan of simple words as usernames, so when time came to switch usernames, I spent a while thinking. At the time (I forget how long ago this was, a year or two I'd estimate), I was pretty big into Yugioh. And there's a card in the game named 'Honest', and when I saw it, it sort of all just fell together.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • It literally means carnivals in Russian. I'm really into fantasy sounding names, so that's kinda why I picked this one. The y is silent, you do not pronounce that.

My usual username online Palamon is something I THOUGHT I made up, but it's some character from A Knight's Tale or something. Also a capital bill, but to me, it's just who I am online, and it's my Internet identity. It's got no relation to the above character and bill, lol. It's go a long history to it, and why I still use it mostly everywhere, but I won't get into it now.

Have a pic of a ferris wheel, btw.

bcc5322009c14896327a3c20c36395a7.jpg

Years
  • I stole it from another member who'd never posted. It's the word for the Psychic-type in Japanese (so there's the Pokemon connection), plus the word used in Final Fantasy VI (great game, btw) for these magic creatures, but mostly it just sounds evocative.

Years
  • I stole it from another member who'd never posted. It's the word for the Psychic-type in Japanese (so there's the Pokemon connection), plus the word used in Final Fantasy VI (great game, btw) for these magic creatures, but mostly it just sounds evocative.

Esper summons made a reappearance in FFXII as well.

Drakow is a combination of dark, black and shadow and then I just added Overlord as a title prefix.

Back