• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How do you cheer yourself up?

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
Years
  • What do you do to make yourself feel better, when you're sick/feeling down?

I was just thinking that LPs must be the best medicine, after being cheered up so much just watching one for a minute or so. Other people were saying that they were really sick, and that the same video was the only thing they could find to cheer them up.

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    Going on PC helps to give me a giggle, and there is video games, TV and music. They all make me happy.

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024
    Going to PC, watching/reading some Harry Potter, watching HCBailly on Youtube all cheers me up.

~Ryukaa

total nerd
    Years
  • I just do something else to let it cool off for a while, whether it being sad or upset. Usually, with being sad, I just lie on bed with some random music on for a while.
    But yeah, Anime works as well.

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
    Years
  • What do you do to make yourself feel better, when you're sick/feeling down?
    I usually talk to someone or listen to music. That clears away any worries I have and the music helps cheer me up, especially the Rock genre of music.

Black Prince

±♠ サヨナラ ♠±
    Years
  • I transfer all my feelings through my drawings, or I listen to music. I also watch some animes to escape that world and forget about it for at least the time I'm in the virtual world. Or I read mangas, for the same reason.
    Ah, without forgetting video games.

Captain Hobo.

Posting King
    Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2011
    I hang out with my friends because they all cheer up, because they are funny and nice.

RYOUKI

survive the world.
    Years
  • I log on to the internet. I either read manga, watch anime or read funny sites like fmylife, and dangyouautocorrect. It's fun watching miserable people post about their life and fun reading about typos made by the iphone's autocorrect.

Years
  • Distract myself. Play some video games, maybe do some writing, maybe watch some YuGiOh The Abridged Series or whatever I got on my computer, maybe even listen to music, but try to do something that isn't the usual Internet browsing. If I keep to my routine I'll just get more upset.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Talk to my friends or listen to some upbeat songs. Doesn't always help though. NintendoCapriSun videos always make me happy though, omg. I can't keep count with how many times I've commented a video and said "you don't know how much better this has made me feel today" and he actually commented my profile once omg it meant the world to me. ;-;

Last edited:

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
    Years
  • Play pokemon! No, really. Pokemon really helps me calm down.

Writing poems is usually the best way of letting out what I'm feeling. I also like to listen/sing to music (usually it's My Chemical Romance) and hug cute pink fluffy stuffed animals <3 And for some reason when I'm really, really stressed drinking Monster calms my nerves.

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    I like to improvise on my piano. Nothing too complex, just simple little melodies, but I feel so much better after an improv session. Plus, it's fun to bang on keys when you're mad. :D

Years
  • I'll usually just spend time playing video games, going on YouTube or just randomly doing things on the computer. This is probably the best way to cheer me up, plus it provides myself a good distraction.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    I'm bad, and tend to avoid talking to friends when I'm feeling down, and just keep to myself. If I do try talking to people when I'm in that type of mood, it usually just ends up with me being annoyed by them. On occasion friends can cheer me up somehow, but it has to be something pretty.. extreme, or whatever. I guess that's the right word? xD;

So usually if it's not friends, I listen to upbeat music, or watch an anime series that I know I'm going to enjoy. I make myself watch it, even if I don't especially feel like it. It still usually ends up working.

Back