• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How do you deal with people who have a problem with you liking Pokémon?

Years
    • Seen Jul 4, 2013
    "Your opinion has been duly noted and will be brought up for consideration at the next city meeting...right after we discuss abandoning individualism and adopting a purely conformist government regime."

...or something thereabouts. :/

Sums it up quite nicely.

Those of us that are old enough to remember playing the very first Pokemon games are able to say. "Aren't you to old to play Pokemon?" "Child I have been playing Pokemon since before you where born." Or if someone my own age says it. "Have you completely lost touch with your childhood? What a sad person you are."

Because if you cannot remember the joys of childhood then you cannot fully enjoy the adult life that you now reside in.

teejermiester

Minnesotan, you betcha!
    Years
  • I've pretty much become an outcast because of it... But I look forward to someone yelling at me about it, because then I can yell right back at them as much as I want about them being conformist. Its fun, and a huge ego boost.

Xyrin

WOW REMEMBER THIS??
    Years
  • I say "We're 12. Have some fun." Haha I get made fun for different reasons. When we were going into 5th grade some kid said "Hey... Tanner, if you still like Pokemon you get beat up! You better stop liking it."

I used to get made fun of by my friends for playing Pokemon, I was like 'Hey, I don't play Saphire anymore want it? I have Emerald." I gave it to him and now they like it. lol

EDIT: I also play games like CoD and Halo. Cod DOES have the top two spot in the most copies sold on release week title. MW2 and Blops. But whenever Pokemon games spark my interest, my xBox can crap himself. Since Black came out I've played my XBoc like 10 hours? And over 50 on Black, and even more doing stuff that relates to Pokemon.

Last edited:

Hoohking

Warrior-Poet
    Years
  • A well trained body and a pretty face usually keeps most people from trying to smirk at me, though when friends gimme this face: O.o I usually just shrug it off. Competitive battling and all it's concepts still give this veteran WoW player a headache, what would these newbies know about it? lol :P

shengar

♥ Mikan Enthusiast ♥
    Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2013
    Glad I'm in a society that never consider a thing is too old for somebody. There is my friend who play pokemon that usually work out in a fitness center. But I'm still have opinion about this.
    Is someone really must abandon their profound childhood memories just become an adult? Of course not, since it is much if you preserve and keep it until you can share some of it to to our children.
    Damn, if only I can show a picture of magmar being split into pieces by Cloyster to anybody that says pokemon is childish.

Years
  • Ignore! whats it to them wether i like pokemon or not...secretly they do too they're just too "cool" to admit it.
    I just say "Well think wat ya want" and walk away all epicaly like :P

Fire Walker

The Wanderer
    Years
  • I usually would say something like, "we get joy out of playing with animals on small, handheld devices. You get joy out of killing fellow humans on your big XBox 360s. We play, you murder." Or something like that. Then I fly them a bird.

Back