• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How long do you think you'll stay with pokemon?

Do you think you will be a Pokemon fan forever?

• Heck yeah!

Votes: 109 88.6%
  • I'll sooner or later grow out of it...

Votes: 14 11.4%

• Total voters

The S

The Reverend
Years
  • I've already bounced in and out of active fandom many times. I've always collected, though, and my cards and plushies of the series are amongst my most prized possessions.

I don't think I'll ever "grow out" of it at all. I'll still be with it as long as there is an it to be with.

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    Well at times, like in the past few months, I've gotten bored of pokemon. But I'll never never never stop playing, more than likely.

I go through phases, I guess. For awhile I'm into pokemon, then I get bored and stop for awhile, and then get back in. Like I got back into it in February after hearing of SS/HG, and stuck with it till early July, and now I'm back into pokemon again.

It's a bipolar relationship.

rockets>u

The Champion of on-and-off
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2011
    Forever!!!!!!!

I liked it since i was 6, from ages 12-18 i never even though about it, now that I am at university i get this sudden urge to feel young again so i dug out the pokemon anime that i kept (thank god), the feeling of nostalgia is fantastic!

If you truly liked it once, you will like it forever.

Except I can't name 90% of the things in the 4th gen because the GBC was the last device i had :D

Last edited:

Arc

[img]http://i.imgur.com/kieFJln.gif[/img]
    Years
  • I will stay with Pokemon, until the day I die. lol

But honestly, I have no clue when the day I outgrow Pokemon will be. I just hope it won't be soon. ;D

Years
    • Seen Jan 28, 2012
    As long as they keep releasing games, and I'm still into gaming... I'll love Pokémon.
    Or as long as the designs of the Pokémon themselves remain awesome... I'll love Pokémon.

Years
  • Uh, probably not much longer. Personally, I think Pokémon will be finished after Black and White. It's the same old formula, repeated across... what, fifteen years now? Personally, after the train wreck that was Heart Gold, I'm sticking with the spinoffs. I'll buy, and play, the main games, but... I don't think I'll be able to get any more enjoyment out of them. But others, like Mystery Dungeon and Pinball... they never get old. They're always different, and that's what I like. I don't really think you can 'outgrow' something like Pokemon, more like... leave it behind. You may still love it at... twenty, or whatever, but... that's going to change. When you get married, I think, is when all of you will leave it behind. Pokemon, for me, was a large part of my childhood, but now... it's starting to become boring. I'm sure all of you will eventually go the same way. But I'm sure it'll always have a place in your heart. *corny*

Inferny

Lord of Pokabu
    Years
  • Obviously the guys I used to play with grew out of it. But nope, I've been a fan since I was 5 years old, and that's a fair amount of years...xD Yeah, I don't think I'll ever stop liking Pokemon. Some times I'll have a pause where another interest is my main, but I don't think I'll grow out of it.

Christopher

Hear Me Roar
    Years
  • I've been playing since Red & Blue I remember watching the first episode aired in America "what the heck (I was 6) is that a yellow rat that throws lightning ?? sweet!!" I've since grown to hate Pikachu though but the love for the series remains the same. I'll probably still be playing when I am 80 if I can remember how.

Devil Flamingo

→ Loves Defense
    Years
  • I've been a fan since 2003 and I don't plan on leaving it, unless they stop making games, which I don't see why they would, lol. Even if the entire world did not care for Pokemon, as long as Japan does (and it always will; the fandom is gigantic there; BW is currently one of the most pre-ordered games of all time) they will continue to invest in the franchise, XD.

So no, I don't plan on ever giving it up, especially since Pokemon is pretty much the only game I play, hmmm.

Last edited:

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
  • I'll probably stick with Pokemon forever. It comprises a decent amount of my daily stipulations (as well as school projects), and I've logged A LOT of time in Emerald, FireRed, Sapphire, and (to an extent) Ruby. Platinum and HeartGold are still on my wishlist, so I hope to enter the Generation IV foray soon and transition to Generation V soon after with the "Third" Version of Black/White.

Additionally, I love the power that all of the Legendary Pokemon exude :D, and how Pokemon teams can vary in so many ways. Plus the likeability of Starters and several other Pokemon...

Plus, the reason I got my first Nintendo handheld (GameBoy Advance SP) was to play Pokemon!

Lastly, the first two anime seasons help replicate the true Pokemon experience, in a sense. Add all of the fantastic music from the games and the anime, plus that cherished, seemingly euphoric feeling you get when you begin your Pokemon journey, traverse lands, and defeat not only your rival(s) but the Pokemon League as well... Few games ever offer such a treasured experience... :)

Years
  • I've been a fan for 8 years now, and even though there were times I thought I outgrew it, I always came back to it a few days later.
    I thought I would outgrow it in college, but that was not the case either. I joined sites like this and made awesome friends. So my answer is yes, I'll probably be a fan forever.

Years
  • I think I will :]
    I mean I've gone through my phases through the years where I don't play for a while and then one day I see my games and I'm like why not and then I'm obsessed for months again haha. I mean I love pokemon, I love the games, I love battling. I don't think that will ever change. I think I'll just go through my phases :]
    I can definitely see myself battling with my kids some day haha

.ιиsσмиιαc.

how do i pokemon?
    Years
    • Seen Feb 4, 2011
    Well I've been a fan since like 97 up until the end of 3rd gen. I came back shortly after Platinum released in the states and what brought me back was the competitive battling. I'm looking forward to 5th gen so hopefully it doesn't disappoint. I'll try to be a fan as long as I can :P

Years
  • I've been watching/playing Pokemon since I was a kid. My first game was Pokemon Sapphire and I will always have a soft spot for it since it was afterall, the first Pokemon game I played. I'm not planning to leave Pokemon anytime soon since it's just amazingg. Well right now, I'm looking forward to Pokemon Black and White and so far, it does not look disappointing!

Katie_Q

Pokemon master in the making
    Years
  • I don't think I'll ever grow out of it. I've always been a fan. I go through stages of not caring about pokemon (one time I even threw out almost all my pokemon merchandise. COOL stuff! D: ) . Infact for the last 2 or 3 months I've barely been interested. But winter just ended over here. And days like this bring back so many good memories. Like pokemon! So I'm back! I think I'll always go back to pokemon. When I'm older and have more responsibilities I'll probably not think about it as much. But I'll always have a good pokemon game lying around ready to play. Because sometimes it just strikes me. Something will happen, or it'll be a particular weather, and I NEED pokemon.

Even if my friends do look at eachother and smile when they see my little pokemon section on my shelf. I know it sounds stupid, but pokemon is a part of me. I grew up with it. My little pokemon pixel friends were always there for me! I think I've kind of grown out of the tv show. Almost. But sometimes I just feel like watching it. Pokemons awesome.

Back