• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How long do you think you'll stay with pokemon?

Do you think you will be a Pokemon fan forever?

• Heck yeah!

Votes: 109 88.6%
  • I'll sooner or later grow out of it...

Votes: 14 11.4%

• Total voters

Ficher

Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2012
    TBH, maybe I will stay with it for some time or maybe grow out of it next months. I really do not know, but judging from the new Pokémon that B&W showed us, I probably will stay for a while now. As long as they introduce nice Pokémon designs and 'fun' games, I do not see myself ever leaving this game.

Chocos0

Eclipse the Umbreon
    Years
    • Seen Mar 12, 2012
    If I have kids, and my kids have kids, my grandkids would be surprised that I still play Pokemon -.- If I do play at that time. Lol.

Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2010
    I will always remember it, even though I may at some point stop playing the games. Although as long as they are making them I am sure I will be playing them. PokeMon was a big part of my childhood, I played the games like crazy, watched the TV show and movies, played and collected the card game, bought PokeMon toys and those little dolls. When it first came out almost all of my friends were into it.

Playing it now reminds me a lot of those times as a kid and its great. I have had months and year long breaks from PokeMon, even now I am playing a few of the games after having been completely done with PokeMon for around 3 years, my longest break ever.

Now though with HG and the Black and White games coming out, I find myself emerged in the PokeMon world again.

Years
    I played my first pokemon game when I was three on my brothers pokemon red and got my mum to buy me pokemon yellow the day it came out and I don't think I'll ever stop loving it until they stop pokemon, which won't happen for ages because it's a money making machine.

Years
    I hear you, man. I've been a fan since Blue version was released and have loved it ever since. <3 Can't see myself dropping it any time soon!

tkallab

Should have been in Dissidia
    Years
    As long as they keep making new stuff, and it's good I'll stick with them. Though I don't see myself playing, like, pokemon height and width (awesome new game names, ey?) when I'm 80.

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
    Years
    Considering I've been a fan since the year 2000, I don't think I'll ever stop liking Pokémon, there's still so much to look forward to.

Zebeedoo

Always remember to smile. ~
    Years
    I'll most likely be with Pokemon for the rest of my life. I've loved it since it came out in... 1997 or something like that. Basically I've liked it for more than half of my life? xD; I still do like it to this day, though. :3 I can't imagine life without it, to be honest. XD;

nakoma

gothic pokemon person
    Years
    As much as I would love to say I will stick by pokemon forever its getting really hard to do that because of many changes both in the franchise and the fandom. Alot of pokemon starting with gen 3 seem to have lost the creativity that the first two gens captured, I find a good number of gen 4 and 5 look more like digimon or clones of old pokemon (seel, spheal) (magikarp, a gen 5 fish) etc. Things like that make me a bit angry but I usually just ignore the pokemon I dislike.

The anime is not even the same thing anymore either from the more kid friendly writing, changes to long standing traditions in the show, the digitalization of the animation, voice actor changes and way too much un-interesting filler oh and ****** background and theme music. I don't even watch the anime anymore because I find it to be so un-funny and boring I can hardly sit through an episode. I have the first season on dvd and love it, it's still funny to this day and has that nice classic animation look.

The fandom. As far as this goes I am not trying to bash anyone here but there is just way too many children in the fandom now adays and it really sucks when you try to have a conversation about aspects a good portion might not remember about older games and anime etc. Majority of the old stomping grounds online are gone like marill's world and a good number of other websites from web 1.0 as the people moved on. TR Rose is another good example, trs rockin use to be a pinnacle of the team rocket/rocketshipping community and when she left pokemon fandom tr videos went red rockets went and they where a big part of the rocket fandom.

Guess I just feel kinda out of place now adays I hardly talk online about pokemon and find myself talking to friends irl more about it because they seem to get it. I think I will allways like pokemon and will allways keep my stuff but there may come a time when I call it quits to keeping updated with the community, the show and the games.

Demigod

umop ap!sdn
    Years
    I'll always be supporting the first 2 series but with new series coming out there making Pokemon look like a joke.. Ash has been traveling so much he should be older then he looks.

Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2014
    It felt like I would go in and out of Pokemon, but if those Black and White starters remain grass, fire/fighting, and water, I'll just feel like GameFreak has betrayed me. Seriously? Another fire/fighting? And the other two are pure types? Is this some kind of joke?

Livinitup17

Pokemon Dealer
    Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2012
    yeah i think another 2 years or so but the new pokemon there releasing arent helping me convince of staying longer

Shinjiro

Secret Request Helper.
    Years
    I think I'll play it for years from now. Perhaps, A long time ahead. Its really awesome and its started grow on me too! So I don't think I'll lose interest of it sooner.

Edit : Perhaps, I'll love it forever. If Pokemon still survive until I can make my own Games/Anime, I think I'll go participate/Cooperate with them. Share my thoughts, My design, Bla bla bla bla bla.

Last edited:

Echidna

i don't care what's in your hair
    Years
    definately in a long time and most likely when pokemn becomes dull when everyone at the current gamefreak team dies and pokemon changes completely.

Back