• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How long have you been watching?

Years
  • ever since the first episode came out when I was five. I stopped after Johto because I didn't know Hoenn was created xD

then a few years ago I went back and rewatched the whole thing from the beginning and I'm now watching best wishes

Krizor

Evil Genius
    Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2011
    I've been watching it Dubbed since it was first brought over here to the states.

And I've been watching it Raw/Subbed since Mid-DP.

Polizard

Awesome Trainer
    Years
  • When the First ever episode aired in Australia i have been a fan which i think was about 4 months after America

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
  • I started watching Pokemon back in '98 or '99, but I pretty much stopped watching when Pokemon Advanced started. I've only watched a handful of episodes since. However, I still watch the movies as they come out.

AadmM

I AM THE BRAINWASHAAAA
    Years
  • Since the very beginning. I've missed more than my fair share of episodes, though--mainly from the Hoenn and Battle Frontier sagas. I got back into it when the DP saga first aired, though, and I'm watching Best Wishes right now, too.

And on top of that, I'm trying my best to get caught up on all the episodes I missed. Though it's not been easy so far.

♠Dawn Rayne♠

Best in the world at what I do
    Years
    • Age 33
    • PA
    • Seen May 6, 2012
    I watched when it first came out, and am currently watching from episode 1 all the way to where it currently is in the U.S. The first season will always be my favorite but I am a fan of the show in general. I am hoping to watch all of the eps before the newer ones come to america.

Azumi

★七色に光る女★
    Years
  • The dub for the first episode was released in our place, and although I was a kid, I remember watching it. Then I kinda stopped when I was in the upper forms for an elementary school, and then watched again (NON-STOP and I actually knew what they were talking about) when I was in secondary school and the Battle Frontier was just ending.
    So you could say I kinda skipped Hoenn and the Battle Frontier. C:

Years
  • Man it has been at least 10 years since i started watching (i started from the very first episode) then sometime before the hoenn conclusion (and before i had extended cable) it got moved to cartoon network. although i ususaly just watch online now. (ive re-watched all of season one and 2 and im working through 3. im going all the way through the DP final)

Last edited:

*Charizard*

Velocity
    Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2012
    Im a pretty big fan. Ive been watching pokemon ever since they aired the first episode of pokemon back in the late 90's

Years
  • I started watching the series once the very first episode aired, and I watched regularly until about halfway through the Johto series. I only followed it a little bit until the end of Johto, and I've only watched a handful of episodes from the Hoenn and Sinnoh series. However, I have seen most of the dubbed Black & White episodes, and I'm staring to regain interest in the anime again (hopefully I'll be able to find and watch some of the seasons I've missed)

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I have been watching Pokémon since I was 5. My brother used to watch a lot of it before my time (and still does now) so whenever he would put the TV on to see the new or previous episodes, I would go watch them with him. Ever since then I've been keeping up with all the new episodes coming out; even Best Wishes. Sure the anime isn't as what it used to be in all means, but I still enjoy watching them as there are some episodes that may inspire me. At other times, there are the humorous episodes to enjoy as well.

The Red Chain

I've been watching Pokemon since I was.. roughly.. 4 years old. Maybe 3 years old, it's hard to remember. But yup, I've been with Pokemon since the dark ages haha.
    It was inspired by a Dairy Queen commercial I saw one night at my babysitter's house that had Pokemon toys with some kind of deal they were offering at the time.
    I thought they looked so awesome, and I held onto the name Pokemon from it. I constantly nagged my mom about going to Dairy Queen ever since then, but soon that became past knowledge after a visit to Blockbuster..

I went to Blockbuster with my mom a week or two after seeing that commercial, as a sort of tradition we had for renting movies every couple weeks when I was young.
    From there I found the very first Pokemon video and begged to rent it without a second thought.
    I was soooo excited to see that Pokemon had a "cartoon" based around it, so I absolutely had to see it! XD

That started my Pokemon love years ago. <3
    Never did get my Dratini plushie from DQ though.. ;;

Kynn Master

Ice/Water-type pokémon master
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Feb 20, 2011
    since the beginning, but the dp saga i didn't watch so much, pretty boring in my opinion. Best Wishes i'm watching every single episode because i think Pokémon Anime revived in this saga

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Dec 23, 2010
    I've began watching Pokemon series around 2002-2003, It was the time that I woke up early morning and I can't sleep anymore so I decided to turn on the television and turn the channel to Cartoon Network then that's the first time I watched Pokemon and certainly got interesed into it. ^^:

Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2013
    I started watching from the beginning, then stopped watching quite early into the Johto series. Mainly because of the time it was on, rather than a loss of interest in it. I'd kinda forgotten about it until a year ago when I started watching the DP dub, and now, I only watch the Japanese episodes. Sure, I can't understand what they're saying, but the original Japanese is WAY better, and the dub doesn't do it justice.

Back