• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen How many pokemon with all maxed IVs have you been able to breed?

How many pokemon with 6 perfect ivs did you get while breeding?

• None

Votes: 6 13.3%
  • None on purpose

Votes: 8 17.8%
  • Less than 5

Votes: 16 35.6%
  • More than 5

Votes: 15 33.3%

• Total voters

Nashton

A Trainer Of Great Skill.
Years
  • I have gotten my team that i am working on. that destiny knot it amazing for breeding.

got 5... with 5 IVs

but i need a liepard safari to finish my team. so if anyone has one that would be amazing! Message me. :D

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    None, unfortunately. ): I know nothing about IV breeding, so, yeah. I do have about three flawless Pokémon, though, which my friend gave to me last month. One of them was Duskull, which's now a Dusknoir and is a member of my team. It's extremely bulky; I love battling with it.

s0nido

turn up the engine
    Years
  • I've only gotten 5IV Pokemon so far. I'm amazed at the people who keep trying until they have 6 perfect IVs. I've never gone for 6 perfect IVs, though, I just don't see the point.

iTeruri

iAm
    Years
  • I've only gotten 5IV Pokemon so far. I'm amazed at the people who keep trying until they have 6 perfect IVs. I've never gone for 6 perfect IVs, though, I just don't see the point.

Getting a 6IV Pokémon is mostly luck for me. In some cases 6IV Pokémon are worse than 5IV ones (for special attackers, you want the attack to be as low as possible to lower the damage you take when you're confused). However, when breeding to 5IV Pokémon to get a shiny with the Masuda Method, 6IV Pokémon are bound to show up. I now have 3 6IV Tyrunt, without those being my goal.

Caiustheblack

Breeder for the sake of it.
    Years
  • Getting a 6IV Pokémon is mostly luck for me. In some cases 6IV Pokémon are worse than 5IV ones (for special attackers, you want the attack to be as low as possible to lower the damage you take when you're confused). However, when breeding to 5IV Pokémon to get a shiny with the Masuda Method, 6IV Pokémon are bound to show up. I now have 3 6IV Tyrunt, without those being my goal.
    a full sp. attack tyrantrum would look funny (and here i got why its only egg move is draco meteor XD)

Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2018
    I have been able to set up breeding pairs(male with 5 ivs, female with 5iv(hidden ability if necessary) with offspring for the following pokes:
    -Honedge
    -Marill
    -Larvitar
    -Clamperl
    -Gastly
    -Fletchling
    -Dratini
    -Eevee
    -Inkay
    -Spiritomb
    -Larvesta
    -Venipede
    -Goomy
    -Sneasel (ice punch)
    And a bunch of other pokemon have been given to me for the offspring from my pairs above.

Years
  • 2 Fennekins out of sheer luck, one has Blaze and the other Magician and now the Blaze one is now a Delphox I use it to breed with other Pokemon in the same egg group that I'm planning to use to speed up the process lol

Years
    • Seen Dec 3, 2014
    I just got my first 6 ivd pikachu. was a long road trying to get it with lightning rod. now just need to put a volt tackle on it and ill be fine!

Years
    • Seen Dec 12, 2013
    I've now bred a few pokemon with 6 perfect IV's: a Charmander, a Rhyhorn, and a Froakie (which had a bad nature so I decided to use a 5 IV Froakie for my team instead... it was a frustrating situation). I could probably get a Pichu and a Tyrunt with 6 if I wanted to waste a few hours hatching and checking IV's. But I've got lots of 3-5 IV's of each of those from breeding in boxes for possible trading. 6 perfect IV's is hard to attain. It's time consuming enough to get a suitable 5 IV pokemon and 5 is really all I need. I just started IV breeding a week or so ago, and the difference in a pokemon with perfect IV's compared with an imperfect is insane!

Last edited:

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • I have a hex flawless charmander and chespin and a handful of quint flawless Pokemon, including shiny chespin, tyrunt, and phantump. Shiny honedge and klefki are pending. I took a little break from xy.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • Thus far none, I did capture a Chandelure with three perfect IV's in attack, defense, and special...I plan to breed it with other Pokemon with perfect IV's to get at least five.

Kai Hirogame

The Mechanic
    Years
  • I thought I had a few... Boy, was I wrong...

Apparently, if the IV Judge says "Stats like those can't be beat" you have 31 IV's in the mentioned stats... ONLY THEN.

I thought I had some special Pokémon, none had the IV's...

Years
  • As far as all six IVs go, i've hatched one - a Jolly Male Gible with Rough Skin and the Egg Moves Iron Head, Iron Tail and Outrage.

But i've hatched more than one five IV'd Pokémon, including a Gastly, a Charmander, two Thick Fat Swinub, and I may have a bit more.

Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    5 IVs is enough for me. Like many have already mention just about every pokemon have one stat you don't use so 6 IVs just aren't required. (unless you want to breed decent IV shinnies, also mentioned.)

Besides that, if the pokemon rater says your pokemons overall potential is "outstanding" I bleive that means even though the stat isn't the perfect 31/31 it is still in the mid to high 20s. SO we are talking a few points in stat difference here. It's negligible at best. So if you have a pokemon with 5 perfect IVs but is outstanding potential then its still pretty damn close to being perfect.

Though, even though breeding is easier then it has ever been and more approachable I stay stand by my opinion that the IV system should scrapped for better one in the future.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I haven't gotten any 6 IVs yet, but I also stop at 5. Even then, I've only gotten 3 of those (mainly because I haven't put a lot of time into the game the past few weeks). However, I had someone trade me two 5 IV Golbats so I can breed, so maybe I'll try for one once I decide to breed it.

Years
    • Seen Jan 31, 2023
    I finally bred a Squirtle with Dragon Pulse/Aura Sphere, and it has 31 IVs in everything except for special attack, where it has 29-30. I think that's good enough, right?

KittenKoder

I Am No One Else
    Years
  • I forgot all of them, but I have bred two perfect Beldum and a perfect Gible. There are many more that I just don't remember which they are, since I have bred about 20 different pokemon for battle.

Years
  • None and I don't aim for it. Like already said, 5 IVs are enough, no need for both attack and special attack being at 31 IVs. The only use I see in breeding 6 x max IV Pokémon is to use them as fathers for other Pokémon species. But I don't have any 5 x 31 IV Pokémon at the moment since I didn't breed that much yet. The maximum I have is 4 x 31 IVs.

Back